Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^You referring to the kick Fasolo to JT in the last, E??
It wasn't actually a kick to a contest, JT had his man cold. Was the correct option, just a shit kick. Tried to drill it at him and missed.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm

and last week it was Fasolo who secured the game for us - he has made a huge improvement since his one week break - don't hold him solely responsible for the change in the game.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:50 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
That's not a draw that's Jeremy Howe losing us the win

You are an astute observer. Dunstall on the couch agrees with u
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:38 am

I watched the replay, and the tale of this match is how the Crows kicked a goal from nearly every single one of our turnovers in the 2nd half. Add to that they didn't frigging miss one shot, in contrast to us, missing gettable chances, 2 of which hit the post. They rolled the dice...they got double sixes...about 8 times in a row. There's an argument we should have shut down the game after getting to such a lead. That's how they do it in soccer. A European soccer coach would have been sacked 5 mins after the game had ended, in similar circumstances.

This is the biggest learning from this match..that defensively we failed miserably to defend the turned-over ball. On Fox footy they showed how our defenders were allowing Adelaide forwards to run ahead of them as soon as they got possession of the ball.
I think it was a combination of defending too high, and not sticking close enough to our opponents when defending that cost us. I don't know about other supporters but my pet hate in the Bucks coaching era is getting sliced through the middle on rebound and copping over the top easy opposition goals. How can this not be fixed after so long? I have a feeling our defensive coaches will be shown the door.

Now to the turnovers and mistakes that cost us goals...
- Goldie's 2 mistakes that led to the first 2 Adelaide comeback goals.
- Goldie's dropped chest mark at the death.
- Goldie spoiling a simple Langdon chest mark. Langdon looks on in disbelief.
- Maynard gathering loose ball at the defensive 50 and then panic handball to the opposition. Goal.
- Maynard kicking short from kick-out. Calls for the handball back, wrong-foots himself. Goal.
- Grundy winning the ball against Jacobs and then taking him on insead of giving off..holding the ball against him. Adel sweep forward. Goal.
- Howe's fumble in the goal square that led to the snapped Adel goal.
- Fasolo runs onto the ball and simply doesn't see a wide open target deep inside 50. Kicks short and turns it over.

Other dumb plays:
- Crisp not putting a hard shepherd on his opponent to allow Maynard to cross the 50 and have a ping at goal from left pocket.
- Adams not handballing to Treloar on the boundary line 40m goal with 15m of space. Treloar would have run within 10m of goal. Treloar can't believe it.
- Wells plays Phillips beautifully into open space through the middle but with this opponent on his hammer. The play is for Phillips to tap the ball ahead of him and keep running. Phillips grabs the ball, the opponent grabs Phillips. Holding the ball.
- Grundy the only one attempting a spoil in the final play. Reid, Goldsack, and everyone else going for the hero mark.

The football Gods concoct another ingenious way to torture Pies fans. What's next?

We all love Goldie, but between him, Maynard, and Grundy, there's about 1/4 of a brain.
I love Jordy DG but I'd like him to attack the high ball when it's his turn to take a mark. Something to work on in the preseason.

On the positive side, Wells was amazing. Langdon had a really good game..really surprised me. Adams gave us everything he had. Greenwood played his role perfectly and nearly took mark of the year. Another one I was impressed with is JT...really good in traffic and made good decisions.
Make a positive out of this Pies. and learn from it.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:18 am

bally12 wrote:
I watched the replay, and the tale of this match is how the Crows kicked a goal from nearly every single one of our turnovers in the 2nd half. Add to that they didn't frigging miss one shot, in contrast to us, missing gettable chances, 2 of which hit the post. They rolled the dice...they got double sixes...about 8 times in a row. There's an argument we should have shut down the game after getting to such a lead. That's how they do it in soccer. A European soccer coach would have been sacked 5 mins after the game had ended, in similar circumstances.

This is the biggest learning from this match..that defensively we failed miserably to defend the turned-over ball. On Fox footy they showed how our defenders were allowing Adelaide forwards to run ahead of them as soon as they got possession of the ball.
I think it was a combination of defending too high, and not sticking close enough to our opponents when defending that cost us. I don't know about other supporters but my pet hate in the Bucks coaching era is getting sliced through the middle on rebound and copping over the top easy opposition goals. How can this not be fixed after so long? I have a feeling our defensive coaches will be shown the door.

Now to the turnovers and mistakes that cost us goals...
- Goldie's 2 mistakes that led to the first 2 Adelaide comeback goals.
- Goldie's dropped chest mark at the death.
- Goldie spoiling a simple Langdon chest mark. Langdon looks on in disbelief.
- Maynard gathering loose ball at the defensive 50 and then panic handball to the opposition. Goal.
- Maynard kicking short from kick-out. Calls for the handball back, wrong-foots himself. Goal.
- Grundy winning the ball against Jacobs and then taking him on insead of giving off..holding the ball against him. Adel sweep forward. Goal.
- Howe's fumble in the goal square that led to the snapped Adel goal.
- Fasolo runs onto the ball and simply doesn't see a wide open target deep inside 50. Kicks short and turns it over.

Other dumb plays:
- Crisp not putting a hard shepherd on his opponent to allow Maynard to cross the 50 and have a ping at goal from left pocket.
- Adams not handballing to Treloar on the boundary line 40m goal with 15m of space. Treloar would have run within 10m of goal. Treloar can't believe it.
- Wells plays Phillips beautifully into open space through the middle but with this opponent on his hammer. The play is for Phillips to tap the ball ahead of him and keep running. Phillips grabs the ball, the opponent grabs Phillips. Holding the ball.
- Grundy the only one attempting a spoil in the final play. Reid, Goldsack, and everyone else going for the hero mark.

The football Gods concoct another ingenious way to torture Pies fans. What's next?

We all love Goldie, but between him, Maynard, and Grundy, there's about 1/4 of a brain.
I love Jordy DG but I'd like him to attack the high ball when it's his turn to take a mark. Something to work on in the preseason.

On the positive side, Wells was amazing. Langdon had a really good game..really surprised me. Adams gave us everything he had. Greenwood played his role perfectly and nearly took mark of the year. Another one I was impressed with is JT...really good in traffic and made good decisions.
Make a positive out of this Pies. and learn from it.

Thank god you were watching the same game as I was Bally12. The 2 mistakes early in the 3rd by Goldsack,whoseemingly had everything under control, were the catalyst although the Wells one was. just mind boggling really.You left out the spoil by Goldsack when the ball was about to fall safely into Langdons arms.Very short time later.Goal.Goldy did a similar thing against Richmond when we seemingly had the game won at half time with Gold being clearly BOG up till then and after 1/2 time it all went pear shaped. Reiwoldt hadn't touched the ball but in a twinkle, he had 3 in 4 minutes ,all from Goldy brain farts and the game was from then, effectively over.
You see what I see and that means you are watching objectively.Unfortunately this is a common occurrence and isn't getting any better.
PS..Just re read your post and you did NOT forget Goldy's spoil on a disbelieving Langdon. I got caught uo in the accuracy of your brilliant post.

Last edited by mudlark on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:07 pm

^ superb post, Bally12, which helped me to see the game more clearly. What is strange is that a side which was so composed in the first half should make so many outrageous clangers in the second. Mental pressure does strange things to people.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:52 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
That's not a draw that's Jeremy Howe losing us the win

You are an astute observer. Dunstall on the couch agrees with u

IN Howes defence, or Langdon, Blair etc, in the last seconds, lets see anyone of us do anybetter under such enormous pressure, or indeed most other League players. Its allright to say, woulda, shoulda,coulda, the pressure out there, the split second decisions, is unreal, it is what it is, at least we did not lose by one lousy point again, we got two precious points out of the draw. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Funny thing. Reverse the situation and I reckon the Collingwood player kicks a point and we lose by 5.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Well put Bally 12
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Funny thing. Reverse the situation and I reckon the Collingwood player kicks a point and we lose by 5.

Now THAT scenario, would drive me to Drink. Shocked Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
58pie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Should have continued the holiday stayed in Cuba (more freedom there than our last halfs play. First live match since returning. Comment to my grand daughter "seven goals in front" "Still 6 in front' "Still 5 in front" 'still 4 in front" Is that the Collingwood chant? Collliinnngwwwwwoood? "bit Early" "Still 3 in front" "still 2 in front" " They have to kick 2 goals to beat us" Game over! That's it coached to perfection. We are supposed to be Collingwood but we are a long way from that. Retire now to those who know who they are. Go pies in 2018.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 pm

It's tough work re-watching a game and spotting all "what ifs". We could have iced it but - Crisp hits the post, Reid hits the post, Moore misses a set shot. Add those to the dodgy turnovers and not spoiling those marks.
All those fine lines that we just crossed. We must learn from them, that's what good sides do.
I detest Hawthorn, but if we had some form of on field leader (Hodge etc), we could probably just keep a tad more composure.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Now THAT scenario, would drive me to Drink. Shocked Razz

that's not a drive, it's a 3 inch putt. Razz

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Too many blind kicks out packs in the backline too, can't do that to a side that sweats on turnovers like the crows do.
But it all comes back to composure under pressure, this has been a serious failing since the second half of '11 when opposition coaches started playing to this particular weakness.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Yes, they tried to solve that by retiring Leon but it seems not to have worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19   

Jump to: