Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Just watched Bucks press conference, he talks about players going away from game plan with risky kicks into our forward 50 in second half. Very proud of the contest, work rate and desire just lacking a little in application. I enjoy listening to his press conferences. Full of praise for Wells, Tay, Sidey and Darcy.

That is the only thing Bucks is good as Coach. Talking to the Media

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:32 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Kill for Collingwood wrote:
How / why does WHE escape posters' vitriol when others cop shit every week.WHE does fuckall most weeks from what I see.

Did you notice the first goal that Blair kicked? It was the result of a knockdown of the ball by WHE out of the hands of the Adelaide player who was about to mark the ball. Doesn't show up on the stat sheet of WHE but you can mark down as a WHE goal. Plenty of other instances of play where WHE is the difference between the ball travelling down the end where Collingwood is kicking, or back down the end Adelaide is kicking towards their goals. Pity you don't notice what others find obvious.
WHE is an interesting kettle of fish. He has great skills, we see him mark the ball with sticky fingers and kick with accuracy and run like Forest Gump, he can play. What I will say is that he has a few weaknesses to improve on like any young footballer. I think he just needs confidence in his body to really take on opponents and win that contested ball. A bit of gym work will help and I think he is just trying to find his place, what is his best position? Is he a mid or high fwd or a half back sweeper? He could be any and all. He will be a gun once he understands how good he can be and works hard to achieve it. I would like to see him add 5 kilo and start pushing opponents off the ball more and look a bit more aggressive. He'll be ok.

I reckon WHE could Explode in his 2nd Season just like Leigh Brown and Paul Medhurst did in there 2nd Season at Collingwood

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Watching the game again, I reckon we lost the game for one simple reason - missing gettable shots on goal, especially in the last quarter, where we hit the post twice. Inaccuracy cost us 3 games early in the season and it cost us again yesterday.

Been saying that as Long as I been Watching Collingwood and I am 31 years old

mosig 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Watching the game again, I reckon we lost the game for one simple reason - missing gettable shots on goal, especially in the last quarter, where we hit the post twice. Inaccuracy cost us 3 games early in the season and it cost us again yesterday.

Also a bit of bad luck. 4 posters in one game is pretty unusual
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:01 pm

mosig wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Also a bit of bad luck. 4 posters in one game is pretty unusual

True. Bloody Posts cost us the Game Wink

ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 pm

If a team that is 13th on the ladder can gain a 50 point lead, why would anyone not think that a team that is 1st on the ladder could not score similarly to catch up?? This is not the first game this or any other year to have a team turn things around. Haven't we done the same to teams at times?? During those games people on this forum have called for the coaches and players heads by quarter time only to be silenced and fail to acknowledge great efforts once we win. It's happened before and it will happen again...humans playing not robots.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Two (Wells and WHE) out of our 3 trades last year have cemented their places in our best 22 which is a good result. Another 1 or 2 this trade period along with a top 10 draft pick and we will challenge for finals next year.

I just saw a Pig Fly Laughing

That would have been Greenwood going for a mark.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

think positive wrote:
And Seeds looked like a mountain

It's those white baggy shorts - makes everyone's bum look big.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
think positive wrote:
And Seeds looked like a mountain

It's those white baggy shorts - makes everyone's bum look big.

Hehehe yep stay away from em!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 pm

I just wonder if the gnashing of teeth by the usual keyboard warriors on here, would be different had the roles been reversed yesterday. Had the crows pantsed us prior to half time, a fifty point lead,then we hit back and got a draw out of it. I reckon theyd all be totally different post game, without all the hysterics and near cardiac arrests they nearly went through. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 pm

So, we go into half time 38 points up against the top side who are obviously going to throw the kitchen sink at us in the second half. We were holding up pretty well, gave as good as we got and we're still 29 points up in time-on in the third; when 1 single moment completely turned the game on its head. This was possibly the worst piece of football I've ever seen at any level (from a bloke that was probably BoG otherwise).
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it here actually, I suppose the things that happen late in games stick in peoples minds.

- We have the ball on the forward 50 arc, not much happening, Daniel Wells inexplicably kicks it 30 metres backwards to a 50/50!!! WTF?????? Turnover, goal. Then another quick goal to Adelaide. Margain at 3/4 time all of a sudden is 17 points, game-on, instead of around 30 odd, game over.
Momentum is a really crucial part of the modern game, once you've given it up it's really hard to get it back.

Yes, there were a number of little mistakes late that cost us, but the game never gets that close without that turnover changing the game.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:50 pm

King Monkey wrote:
So, we go into half time 38 points up against the top side who are obviously going to throw the kitchen sink at us in the second half. We were holding up pretty well, gave as good as we got and we're still 29 points up in time-on in the third; when 1 single moment completely turned the game on its head. This was possibly the worst piece of football I've ever seen at any level (from a bloke that was probably BoG otherwise).
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it here actually, I suppose the things that happen late in games stick in peoples minds.

- We have the ball on the forward 50 arc, not much happening, Daniel Wells inexplicably kicks it 30 metres backwards to a 50/50!!! WTF?????? Turnover, goal. Then another quick goal to Adelaide. Margain at 3/4 time all of a sudden is 17 points, game-on, instead of around 30 odd, game over.
Momentum is a really crucial part of the modern game, once you've given it up it's really hard to get it back.

Yes, there were a number of little mistakes late that cost us, but the game never gets that close without that turnover changing the game.

Yes, good points, I watched most of the replay again, and during the crows purple patch run on, we could have stopped them cold, had we taken our chances up forward, held a couple of juggled marks, locked it in a bit better, and when we got three goals up again, for the crows to come back yet again, shows how gutsy they are, they will be very hard to beat for the flag in my view, what with two home finals, and two weeks finals rest.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm

King Monkey wrote:

I made reference to this kick backwards yesterday post match.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Me too. I said we needed a 30 point lead at 3/4 time to win. When a Wells kicked it backwards instead of kicking on his left to the goal square, they scored 2 goals out of nothing and a comfortable 5 goal lead at 3/4 time turned into a 17 point disaster.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 pm

ROB wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

I made reference to this kick backwards yesterday post match.

the really bad one was the aggressive kick to the forward line by Faz. he kicked it to a contest inside at 50 (and the ball was just swept through there for an easy goal).

Should have kicked to a contest on the boundary to lock the ball up. crows had a hard time breaking our press once we got a stoppage to set it up. On the other hand, in open play, they seemed to kick a goal every time we turned it over at half back.

That is the one moment that Buckley laments. his reaction at the time said it all. It is this play that he is referring to in his press conference when he said we were overly aggressive going forward in the second half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19   

Jump to: