Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

uncanny wrote:
Thrashed weak after week up forward in the air. Sides know they can nullify or win the aerial contest at half forward then sling shot it forward. Adelaide did it seven goals in a row and a few on top of that in the second half. I blame their lack of recruiting of talls over the years. Too many guys like aish phillips blair broomhead . Good honest players but limited physicallt. Be it height strength pace or a combination. hopes on brown and daicos are tempered by the fact they are the same sort of players.as has been pinted out.They aren't far off yet they are mile off. Where are our young talls comong through to support darcy? This is where we have missed out. You could see it coming five years or more ago with their emphasis on recruiting midfielders with top up forwards or backs from other clubs as kpps

i agree, but this is the problem we face becasue of the 4-5 compromised drafts. all the big kids went to GWS, GC and those others that are down the bottom.

We were too far up the ladder to land a difference maker (and i think we suffered the same mistake as other clubs who have dominant big men like Cloke - we think they'll play forever). i genuinely think that we had Cloke and Moore pencilled in as our two key forwards for the premiersips we were planning to win in 2017 and 2108.

It is very obvious that we could be a 5 goal better team with one or more threatening bigger guys up forward. Tex and Jenkins for Adelaide means that lesser talls can have a field day. Moore will definitely be a gun of the comp (probably already is). Problem is he is better as the high forward due to his marking on the lead and his mobility. We need the second guy. reid is ok, but his body doesn't allow him to find space or to get to enough contests and he gets found out when the ball hits the ground. the problem is that i just dont know where this guy is going to come from. we are going to need to get very lucky.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:35 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

Well get over it mate cause you have more chance of coaching Collingwood as Nathan does. He was a useless Captain and even worse coach. Players don't like him and they never will. Get over it!

Please do us all a favour and change your name to "ihatenathanbuckley" or at least something neutral or something that shows your intent. Having a name like yours and relentlessly castigating Buckley at every opportunity comes across as totally biased and hypocritical.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 am

Christ the numb feeling yesterday hard to take. Our first half was methodical and brilliant I knew the Cows would come at us. Goldsack was bloody amazing yesterday and Wells just keeps showing his weight in gold. We still have to be smarter with our kick ins. Maynard is a goer, but christ those slip ups opened the door for them. Dunn is good with his barrels but players have got to anticipate when he is going for it. Often a lack of communication killed us.Moore showed how good he can become.Should have won it. Simple. But we showed a lot of heart yesterday.Taylor Adams took big steps.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Magpies035 wrote:
Yes great effort
We know that
But the problem with Collingwood is too often we accept good performances as ok
We accept second best
We accept good enough
We accept mediocrity

Until we learn a new way we will not move forward

I'm not sure who you have in mind when you say "we accept mediocrity"? Bucks certainly didn't accept it. In fact he said he was angry at our performance.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Magpies035 wrote:
Yes great effort
We know that
But the problem with Collingwood is too often we accept good performances as ok
We accept second best
We accept good enough
We accept mediocrity

Until we learn a new way we will not move forward

I'm not sure you have in mind when you say "we accept mediocrity"? Bucks certainly didn't accept it. In fact he said he was angry at our performance.

I don't accept that what we dished up yesterday was mediocre. I accept the drawn result of the game was mediocre. There's a difference. Also we made mistakes yesterday. All sides make mistakes. We're no different.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Watching the game again, I reckon we lost the game for one simple reason - missing gettable shots on goal, especially in the last quarter, where we hit the post twice. Inaccuracy cost us 3 games early in the season and it cost us again yesterday.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 pm
Post subject: pies v crowsReply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

Well get over it mate cause you have more chance of coaching Collingwood as Nathan does. He was a useless Captain and even worse coach. Players don't like him and they never will. Get over it!

Comments like that show just how little credibility you have. Captained us to 2 GFs, won a Norm Smith, a bunch of B&F's, Brownlow, led magnificently all the time, willing his players to get better and get the best out of themselves. Ultimate professional.
Your comments are those of a clown, who knows very little about the area you are talking about.

How disrespectful to speak of Nathan Buckley in that way. He has done everything possible for that club and you cannot deny his outstanding character and dedication. It is so easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise while not being in the inner sanction. If he didn't care about the club, it would be easier things to do, but he is not a quitter,. He is a fighter and he believes in never giving up.
He has always needed more quality players under him.
You sir, are one person who looks for the easy way out.

T2 Sagittarius

T2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:17 pm

You're on the money, Rudey: 15.13 to 16.7 illustrates yesterday's woeful kicking on goal and missed opportunities.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:14 pm

Shows we are WEAK AS PISS
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Fasolo lacks judgement. Always takes too long to decide what to do.

Did Fas Play? Did not seem him out there

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Any supporter that is satisfied with a draw after a mark at the death and a goal after the siren, and after we were up by 50 points at home truly is <snip, no, don't try getting around the filter like that, just don't - the mods> This is embarrassing. Buckley has no plan B. None. He's not a good coach.

Buckley is and always been a Terrible Coach Evil or Very Mad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Cam wrote:
This game is about two things; how well we played in the first half, and how well the Crows played in the second.

In the end it was very disappointing that we couldn't spoil one of two marks, and that the maggot didn't pay the clear dropping the ball against 44 on our hff, but seriously our brand of footy isn't too bad for periods of the game.

What about 2 50's in the last Qtr they did not pay that they Should of?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Donny wrote:
duke750 wrote:
Season over. Goodbye Bucks, Blair, Langdon, Shaza (real pity), Goldsack.

Really, really disappointed with posters on Nicks. No real reason for all the vitriol. We didn't win, we should have, but no reason to be so agressively rude.

Two points:

1. Langdon ? Today: 23 disposals. 95.2 DE%. Our best. Goldy ?? Surely, you jest.

2. You should've seen the posts we had to delete !! Smile

Stats Lie

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Two (Wells and WHE) out of our 3 trades last year have cemented their places in our best 22 which is a good result. Another 1 or 2 this trade period along with a top 10 draft pick and we will challenge for finals next year.

I just saw a Pig Fly Laughing

We are at least 2 Years away from Finals and that is IF we do the Right Things but we Struggled to do that for the last 6 Years under Bucks

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
Moore was awesome today, starting to get that terminator look about him. I'm too young to remember his old man, but his agility around the ground when he went to the ruck is what I imagine he was like. His final set shot wasn't great but I thought he played a very good game.

Outside of the Miss Late in the Game he was 1 of our Best Players yesteday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19   

Jump to: