Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
What would you do differently?

He should only push the button once!

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 am

What a roller coaster of a game. The big positives were the incredible game by Wells, when fit he really is one of the best players in the competition. He makes a huge difference to Collingwood and we need him every week. He needs to work really hard off season. The other big positive was the hit up marking of Moore. In the right structure, he can become a very good player with his vertical leap. To have that lead eroded does however pose more questions than answers around leadership in the box and composure on the ground. It's certainly not all doom and gloom, but change is needed, going to the draft is critical, and turning over some blokes that have let us down as players and coaches is needed.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:28 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

Well get over it mate cause you have more chance of coaching Collingwood as Nathan does. He was a useless Captain and even worse coach. Players don't like him and they never will. Get over it!
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 am
Post subject: pies v crowsReply with quote

I was at the game today and felt so deflated after that siren went. For goodness sake, we needed something to go our way and a few seconds earlier, it would have been a win.
Adelaide never got in FRONT all day. And the boys never threw in the towel, like many of the supporters did.
Yes there were quite a few errors with disposal and decision making that cost us badly. Especially Langdons kick to a contest at such a late stage. Would've hoped to have been able to keep the ball in our hands.
I feel that composure of some of the players under pressure is a concern but you cannot doubt their effort and desire.
Adelaide are the top team and their goal kicking is sensational as proven once again.
I feel so bad for the boys who gave it their all and didn't get the 4 points.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:50 am
Post subject: Re: pies v crowsReply with quote

orie wrote:
Yes there were quite a few errors with disposal and decision making that cost us badly. Especially Langdons kick to a contest at such a late stage. Would've hoped to have been able to keep the ball in our hands.
I feel that composure of some of the players under pressure is a concern but you cannot doubt their effort and desire.
Adelaide are the top team and their goal kicking is sensational as proven once again.
I feel so bad for the boys who gave it their all and didn't get the 4 points.

Just finished watching the replay on foxtel to ensure I wasn't seeing things.

Langdon busted his gut all day, but surely he could have placed that kick closer to the boundary line, to be killed in the air? But no, not one of our idiots so much as put an arm up. That's just giving away a win.
Yes, the effort and desire is there from the blokes, but the composure rarely is. It has cost us this game, the QB game, and GWS game.
Win those, and we are lurking around the eight. But we ain't.

Adelaide are a bunch of tin arses, who kicked 7.0 in the third quarter from set shots.
Absolutely everything went right for them today from the moment Elliott and Wells collided trying to take that mark, when the score was 72-22; from there it started to unravel royally
We however got shafted. Again.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:07 am

Very bittersweet feeling. Very happy with how we played in the first half, but to relinquish a 50 point lead is very disappointing.

We deserved to win, so it feels like a loss. There were supporters around me at the ground who thought we'd won and didn't realise that McGovern had taken the mark initially.

I think this match will make or break us. Will we come out with vengeance next week or will we go back to our shells the way we did after the bye?

I agree with the match assessments of Monco Matt and Member 7167. Monco Matt is correct about our inability to control the tempo of the game. We're very hit and miss in this department.

Phenomenal performance by Wells today. If only he was five years younger.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:24 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
^ Raw hammer

It is you that clearly don't watch much footy or know what your talking about. Adelaide are top of the ladder for a reason and have opened up just about every other team in the comp this year. Their average winning margin is 60 points. Yes they opened us up but we did likewise to them. We will improve our list this next trade period and be better for it next year.

Dude, I watch PLENTY of games of football. Was at the BFL today. Adelaide aeee missing Betts, Lever, Crouch, had Sloane tagged out of the game, and were playing in Melb.

To lead. Y 50? Beautiful. To not know how to hold a 50 point lead? Absolutely horrible. Defenders not punching (leaping for marks), Langdon not hitting the boundary, Blair trying to fend off tackles every possession, no front and centre other than Wells, no defensive set ups after behinds??? You want me to go on??? DeirZbld second half.

Dude seriously - 80% conversion rate in a half was the ONLY way back for ADEL.
They WILL NOT covert this well again in a half of football for 10 years.

Get over yourself - if they covert as badly as us they LOSE, if we covert as freakishly as them we win easily.

So get a grip.
Buckley deserves credit for his game plan today pure and simple - he made the top team look very very ordinary.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:44 am

Doc63 wrote:
Its a sad state of affairs when you are happy with a draw after being 50 points up.

Some people on here have become so accustomed to mediocrity that they are happy to accept what happened today.

And they have the nerve to accuse those who are fed up with it as not being Collingwood supporters.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Its a sadder state of affiars when you can't recognise that a draw against the TOP team is a great achievement by a team placed 13th, who made the leaders look very very poor for most of the game.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I fkn hate Sunday games. Son rocked up just before 3/4 time and I spent the last quarter chasing a toddler around the house to stop him breaking shit rather than watching the game.

Mad

The bear trap on e-bay - i told you last time!
Nobody listens to a thing i tell them... *sigh*

Surprised

food also works.

Hills Hoist and a bit of leg rope.

Old school.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:01 am

ThePieMind wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Its a sad state of affairs when you are happy with a draw after being 50 points up.

Some people on here have become so accustomed to mediocrity that they are happy to accept what happened today.

And they have the nerve to accuse those who are fed up with it as not being Collingwood supporters.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Its a sadder state of affiars when you can't recognise that a draw against the TOP team is a great achievement by a team placed 13th, who made the leaders look very very poor for most of the game.

Yeah we're 13th for a reason - Buckley.

We have gone backwards for 6 consecutive seasons for a reason - Buckley.

Only the lemmings can't see it.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:16 am

I decided against posting last night as I couldn't get the emotion under control. I did however as usual watch the game over again and while knowing the result looked closer at some things.
First half we were very good don't be mistaken that was a very positive sign and showed our best is good enough to compete.
The thing no one has touched on was how bad Adelaide were in regards to marking inside there forward 50. They dropped 17 marks inside the forward 50 in the first half. Some were under pressure but a lot were just skill errors from there players. When this happened we scrambled very well and released the ball out of harms way.
Our rebound football was very good we lowered our eyes and hit targets and took the most of our opportunities.
In the second half Adelaide took there marks and kicked with the accuracy of what you would expect from the top side. We on the other hand didn't take our chances 2 posters in the last term and 2 other misses that should have been kicked made the difference really especially when twice the ball then went the length of the field and they goaled.
We on many fronts were our own worst enemy but give Adelaide some credit they adjusted well and made us pay for our mistakes which is what good sides do.

I saw today some really good signs for the future.
Grundy was awesome seriously how some have left him out of the GB votes amazes me
Moore was very good
Wells just oozes class and really straightened us up
Sidey's first 3 terms were very good alas we needed more form him in the last but I think he was spent
Scharenberg today showed why he was so highly rated as a junior. 11 marks the most by anyone on the field 25 touches and scrapped hard all day. His disposal is well above average and he showed he can be our backline general. He reads play as well as good as anyone in the game. He just needs time and games
Greenwood did a might job on Sloane all day
Our midfield as a unit worked well again
Adams was very good early and showed good leadership qualities late getting back in defence and making a few good tackles and helping out
Our backline worked well all day mostly. They were up against the highest scoring team who take the most marks inside 50 and have the largest scoring average yet we held them until the last kick of the day.
Goldie was awesome geeez he has a huge heart. He may get beaten at times but it's never from a lack of effort
Overall we gave ourselves every chance to beat the premiership favourites

On the down side who in there right mind would let Langdon take that kick in. This isn't a knock on Langdon but in that instance you go with either your most experienced defender in Howe or Dunn or the biggest boot again Howe Dunn or Maynard. Langdon doesn't have the boot to get it far enough for goal. Maynard Howe or Dunn can launch it 60+ but more importantly means they are the last line in defence if the ball does come back so they can spoil any marking chance. We had Langdon as our last line and his lack of match awareness cost us badly (I'm not blaming Langdon for the result he never should have been put in that position)
Our poor execution on the last term particularly was the key factor which cost us.
Be it field kicking, forward 50 entries and kicking for goal were the reason we didn't win.
It's a gut wrenching feeling knowing we cost ourselves the chance more so than Adelaide just winning it

Finally the final term showed we really badly lack on field leadership. Where were our leaders when we needed them.
Sidey's last term was ordinary, Howe as a vice captain should have demanded that kick in with his huge boot and experience, Wells should his expernce offered more.
I would give my right nut for a leader like maxwell in this side right now

Well we are gone for finals now we needed that in to be any chance really but at least we aren't laying down and being thrashed
I don't think I've ever been as numb as I was when that final mark was taken.
On a side note I counted on 8 occasions on the second half when a cros player dropped the ball cold and wasn't pinged. The umps really are letting a lot of really bad disposals go without pinging them. I can see this is going to be a match changer in a big game come finals when it should be addressed now before it costs someone a premiership
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I decided against posting last night as I couldn't get the emotion under control. I did however as usual watch the game over again and while knowing the result looked closer at some things.
First half we were very good don't be mistaken that was a very positive sign and showed our best is good enough to compete.
The thing no one has touched on was how bad Adelaide were in regards to marking inside there forward 50. They dropped 17 marks inside the forward 50 in the first half. Some were under pressure but a lot were just skill errors from there players. When this happened we scrambled very well and released the ball out of harms way.
Our rebound football was very good we lowered our eyes and hit targets and took the most of our opportunities.
In the second half Adelaide took there marks and kicked with the accuracy of what you would expect from the top side. We on the other hand didn't take our chances 2 posters in the last term and 2 other misses that should have been kicked made the difference really especially when twice the ball then went the length of the field and they goaled.
We on many fronts were our own worst enemy but give Adelaide some credit they adjusted well and made us pay for our mistakes which is what good sides do.

I saw today some really good signs for the future.
Grundy was awesome seriously how some have left him out of the GB votes amazes me
Moore was very good
Wells just oozes class and really straightened us up
Sidey's first 3 terms were very good alas we needed more form him in the last but I think he was spent
Scharenberg today showed why he was so highly rated as a junior. 11 marks the most by anyone on the field 25 touches and scrapped hard all day. His disposal is well above average and he showed he can be our backline general. He reads play as well as good as anyone in the game. He just needs time and games
Greenwood did a might job on Sloane all day
Our midfield as a unit worked well again
Adams was very good early and showed good leadership qualities late getting back in defence and making a few good tackles and helping out
Our backline worked well all day mostly. They were up against the highest scoring team who take the most marks inside 50 and have the largest scoring average yet we held them until the last kick of the day.
Goldie was awesome geeez he has a huge heart. He may get beaten at times but it's never from a lack of effort
Overall we gave ourselves every chance to beat the premiership favourites

On the down side who in there right mind would let Langdon take that kick in. This isn't a knock on Langdon but in that instance you go with either your most experienced defender in Howe or Dunn or the biggest boot again Howe Dunn or Maynard. Langdon doesn't have the boot to get it far enough for goal. Maynard Howe or Dunn can launch it 60+ but more importantly means they are the last line in defence if the ball does come back so they can spoil any marking chance. We had Langdon as our last line and his lack of match awareness cost us badly (I'm not blaming Langdon for the result he never should have been put in that position)
Our poor execution on the last term particularly was the key factor which cost us.
Be it field kicking, forward 50 entries and kicking for goal were the reason we didn't win.
It's a gut wrenching feeling knowing we cost ourselves the chance more so than Adelaide just winning it

Finally the final term showed we really badly lack on field leadership. Where were our leaders when we needed them.
Sidey's last term was ordinary, Howe as a vice captain should have demanded that kick in with his huge boot and experience, Wells should his expernce offered more.
I would give my right nut for a leader like maxwell in this side right now

Well we are gone for finals now we needed that in to be any chance really but at least we aren't laying down and being thrashed
I don't think I've ever been as numb as I was when that final mark was taken.
On a side note I counted on 8 occasions on the second half when a cros player dropped the ball cold and wasn't pinged. The umps really are letting a lot of really bad disposals go without pinging them. I can see this is going to be a match changer in a big game come finals when it should be addressed now before it costs someone a premiership

What kick in are you saying Landon should not have taken? That last kick he had was a free kick. It was his kick to take. Yes he should have headed to the boundary, but Howe or Dunn didn't win that free, Landon did.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:31 am

Great post Qld67, agree totally. First quarter I was thinking this is the top side, how bad is the competition this year? They were always going to come back. In the game day thread someone noted they had more inside 50's and I said yes but we are still winning well. That's why the crap blaming Blair or Langdon shit me do much, we should never have been in that position. Blair kicked 2 good goals, one an absolute cracker when we desperately needed it, Langdon played a mighty defence all day, Shazza showed his class, Howe was terrific, but so many wanted him kicking out, and get he kicked to the opposition twice! (And yes it was a free anyway). Blair had two players grab him high while he tried desperately to dispose of the ball, was wasn't anyone backing him up? But no, blame Blair. Now I'll show you where the game was really lost:

4 3 27. 2 1 13
9 6 60. 3 4 22
12 9 13. 10 4 64
15 13 103. 16 7 103

drawn game, different scores. how many posters were there? How about that out on the full (not blaming Faz he was at an angle under pressure. )

At one point Moore was rucking, and the ball came in high, just a cherry for the picking, but it was met by Faz, Jamie and Blair. (Not sure where Reid was, but he wasn't within the arc), and they each had at least one tAll on them. Not a snow flakes chance in hell. The KPP so many of us cried out for would have won us that game, against the best in the competition. And yet without him, the best team still could not beat us! Yes, they had big outs, so did we.

Aside from Geelong it was the best , most exciting, game we have played all year. We can match it with the best teams. I don't get why we get beaten by the lesser teams. I'm really hopeful Shazza is the defensive player we have needed for so long. I still think we lack leadership. (Sorry Sidey, I love you but I don't think your any better than Pendles as a captain). Maxy proved that the captain doesn't have to be the best player, and I really believe some players are hampered by it. I've said for ages set Pendles free, he will kill the Brownlow without umpire assistance (looking at you cat scum). Adams stood up yesterday, three really good goals. He's vocal. And unlike Shaw, he can be contained. Wells is brilliant, but he's too old to lead. I just hope he stays fit, because we need him. Varcoe was that glue for a while. We need a younger one.

So the coach. I honestly have no idea. Something has to change. I'm not sure what. The boys left everything on the field, everyone of them. So I couldn't say he has lost them. But then the tag really helped our game. Levi killed Sloane nearly all day. I don't get why he isn't now a designated tagged. He is a master tagger. If we continue to play like this, I could come to terms with Bucks coaching next year but pick up some specialised skills coaches, And Seeds looked like a mountain, get someone who can put some muscle on the kids, and for gods sake, pay what ever it takes to get a decent KPP. No more midgets. Cheers

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I can't believe some of the negativity on this site these days. It's actually quite pathetic.

That was a fantastic game of football. In the end, only missing some shots, including 2 posters in the last quarter, cost us the game.

I'm so proud of our team for fighting it out all night. Considering we beat Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and should have beaten GWS, our performance against the top sides has been very good this season.

All we are really missing is another power forward to partner with Moore.

Well done Pies. You have demonstrated once again that the players are committed to Bucks.

Don't forget the brain fart (another) from your boy.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:02 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

Well get over it mate cause you have more chance of coaching Collingwood as Nathan does. He was a useless Captain and even worse coach. Players don't like him and they never will. Get over it!

Comments like that show just how little credibility you have. Captained us to 2 GFs, won a Norm Smith, a bunch of B&F's, Brownlow, led magnificently all the time, willing his players to get better and get the best out of themselves. Ultimate professional.
Your comments are those of a clown, who knows very little about the area you are talking about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19   

Jump to: