Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
How / why does WHE escape posters' vitriol when others cop shit every week.WHE does fuckall most weeks from what I see.

Because he's a pretty solid player. He's not a star and he never will be, but he does his job and is clearly in the best 22. He was ok again today, not that good but not bad either. And he was one of our best last week.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm

I can't believe some of the negativity on this site these days. It's actually quite pathetic.

That was a fantastic game of football. In the end, only missing some shots, including 2 posters in the last quarter, cost us the game.

I'm so proud of our team for fighting it out all night. Considering we beat Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and should have beaten GWS, our performance against the top sides has been very good this season.

All we are really missing is another power forward to partner with Moore.

Well done Pies. You have demonstrated once again that the players are committed to Bucks.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm

inxs88 wrote:
I am not as upset as I thought I would be however what is necessary is that the match committee censure Brainless I mean Brayden Maynard by dropping him for the rest of the year. 17 is the magic number he is up to! 17 you may ask?? Well since the start of 2016 Brayden has coughed a Benny Hill montage of 17 goals "handed on a platter" through his dumb, unintelligent and complete lack of football nous.

It's almost as embarrassing as the Chris Mayne recruitment and the Jarryd Blair weekly selection!

I'm actually skeptical it's as low as 17. He seems to have at least one a week.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:09 pm

^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Rudeboy

Yes it would be a ridiculous decision to not sign Bucks for 2018 given how the team is really starting to come together and play some really exciting football.

As you say just need a couple more quality players and we will be up and about next year.

Agreed.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 pm

[quote="Piesnchess"][quote="Raw Hammer"]
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Raw hammer

Guess you weren't around for the 1970 GF when we led by around 8 goals and dropped it, dunno how the hell you woulda handled THAT day, as I had to, some of you peahearts wanna HTFU, unless you have experienced the GF losses of 70 77 and 79, you don't know what REAL football heartbreak is !! Rolling Eyes

I was there in 1966, 1970, both in 1977 and the 1980 debacle - I know footy pain. But I was younger then. In 1966 I was 13 and remember saying to my mum that "there was always next year". Little did I know that in the next 51 years there would only be two flags and I was working overseas both times.
I have to say I get peeved when I see Hawthorn's outs and how quickly their new talent gets their system and follows it. Maybe things will change next year when Hodge is not coaching out there. But I get frustrated that, with all the resources at its disposal, my club cannot do better, year after year.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
I am not as upset as I thought I would be however what is necessary is that the match committee censure Brainless I mean Brayden Maynard by dropping him for the rest of the year. 17 is the magic number he is up to! 17 you may ask?? Well since the start of 2016 Brayden has coughed a Benny Hill montage of 17 goals "handed on a platter" through his dumb, unintelligent and complete lack of football nous.

It's almost as embarrassing as the Chris Mayne recruitment and the Jarryd Blair weekly selection!

It's a hard one. He can be a very exciting runner and deliverer of the ball, and he'll die on the field for you, but my God he crashes the car a lot. I think I'll bear the pain while he grows. But I agree with the observation you make.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:20 pm

The reasons we didn't win today, are the same as why we don't make finals.

To accept today's draw as an acceptable outcome, dead set floors me. I am dead set filthy. I can't remember going off my head after the game like I did after that. That last 20 secs was amature footy. Not professional.

The last 20 seconds is an example of what we do wrong. Time and time again. We don't do the simple things right often enough. We don't play the percentages. And it will cost unnecessary goals & games.

I hope Faz gets better, but I feel he is a liability for a few weeks now. Just isn't doing enough. Time to see Kirby. Mayne. Someone else. Let Faz find form in the VFL.

First half was good to watch. Did so much right. Although our forward line tends to scrap goals rather than construct them. . 3rd quarter was a complete panic fest by our backs. TBH I thought we needed an extra back to stem the flow. Just take the sting away for 10 min in the 3rd after their first 3 or 4 goals.. alas .
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

It's a hard one. He can be a very exciting runner and deliverer of the ball, and he'll die on the field for you, but my God he crashes the car a lot. I think I'll bear the pain while he grows. But I agree with the observation you make.

See Luke Godden. 1999. Maynard is a worry. Does a lot right. But those errors cost way to much. Has to delete them or he'll be delisted in time.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:24 pm

To paraphrase Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox

"Give me a regiment of Blairs and we'll take hell,
Give me a regiment of Maynards and we'll hold it.
But give me a regiment of Blairs AND Maynards and unfortunately we'll allow Satan some solid opportunities to score against us in crunch time."

Blairy thanks for your service, but you're giving zombies a bad name, you've been killed off that many times this season even Alice Cooper is turning off you. Not that its your fault, Bucks must be in alliance with the Lord of Light. Thank you very much Melisandre. [You did many good things today though Jarryd, but I digress]

And Brades, I love what you bring and there is growth in you son, just get Benny J to help you work on that kicking.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:48 pm

I disagree with any conception that Adelaide was simply taking us for granted, and that is why they played so poorly in the first half. Does anyone really think that this psychological possiblity was not strongly addressed by Pyke during the week? How about the possiblity that we played brilliantly and that is what caught them off guard and unable initially to respond. But they are the no. 1 Premiership contenders, so inevitably they were going to respond. This was a finals like game, and in that final quarter, with all of Adelaide's best football being hurled against us, we held up. We wrested back the momentum at one critical point, and again put ourselves in a position to win. Inevitably they came back again. Our effort was fantastic throughout. I am stoked that we matched it with them. This is not accepting mediocrity, it is applauding the efforts, the courage and the mental resilience of our team. We did not capitulate, we weathered an onslaught and did not lose.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:50 pm

What would you do differently?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Cam wrote:
To paraphrase Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox

"Give me a regiment of Blairs and we'll take hell,
Give me a regiment of Maynards and we'll hold it.
But give me a regiment of Blairs AND Maynards and unfortunately we'll allow Satan some solid opportunities to score against us in crunch time."

Blairy thanks for your service, but you're giving zombies a bad name, you've been killed off that many times this season even Alice Cooper is turning off you. Not that its your fault, Bucks must be in alliance with the Lord of Light. Thank you very much Melisandre. [You did many good things today though Jarryd, but I digress]

And Brades, I love what you bring and there is growth in you son, just get Benny J to help you work on that kicking.

Cam! We need to have a beer before a game. You're on my football wavelength

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 am

I'd be up for that inxs
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 am

Yes great effort
We know that
But the problem with Collingwood is too often we accept good performances as ok
We accept second best
We accept good enough
We accept mediocrity

Until we learn a new way we will not move forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19   

Jump to: