Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victoria Park Let Us Return

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:25 pm
Post subject: Victoria Park Let Us ReturnReply with quote

It just dawned on me that we members must start fighting harder for our Club and it's real true spirit! From now on the energy must be focused on returning us to Victoria Park and totally withdrawing support for anyone opposed to this happening! If McGuire says we won't, then he must not be supported. We need a President that aligns with our views. Shorten and Trumbull offer us crap, more of the same bile; so we don't have to vote for em. Please buy your memberships and only vote for a supporters Board. A return to Victoria Park movement is real and can happen. Dare to dream. Let's s demand representation that is for us! Don't keep accepting their ideas about what they think we will get or what is good for them. Enough is enough!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have never left... hahaha the good old days.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:44 pm

When I look at the half empty Ponsford Stand on match day and remember all the boastful promises of making it just like Victoria Park I think "fair play, nobody goes to Victoria Park anymore either".
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Keep on shining those boots....
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 pm

And the money to rebuild the facilities and the wall at Vic Park will come from Trump, or Mexico?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 pm

piedys wrote:
And the money to rebuild the facilities and the wall at Vic Park will come from Trump, or Mexico?

Memberships, the second they reinstate Bucks for the next 2 years with a baby sitter they will be queuing up to join in on the pies mighty march towards a flag!! Watch this space!!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
piedys wrote:

Memberships, the second they reinstate Bucks for the next 2 years with a baby sitter they will be queuing up to join in on the pies mighty march towards a flag!! Watch this space!!

Well they'd better chuck in a cap with those memberships for 2018 to generate enough lip stick to smear over this pig!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Used to be bloody hard finding a parking spot for me Datsun 1200 Coupe around Vic Park way back when ! Got about ten tickets, tore em all up, never heard a word, the good ol days before Computers could track you down. ! Where the hell would one park these days, the Collingwood Greenie residents would have no parking available anywhere !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

piedys wrote:

Not to mention the coupe required to topple the council and a number of whinging residents. Wink

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Used to be bloody hard finding a parking spot for me Datsun 1200 Coupe around Vic Park way back when ! Got about ten tickets, tore em all up, never heard a word, the good ol days before Computers could track you down. ! Where the hell would one park these days, the Collingwood Greenie residents would have no parking available anywhere !

Go and get some stickers. Australian greens, I welcome asylum seekers. Save the whals. Find an old bomb and peel off if you can find a Nuclear disarmament sticker and an Australian Marijuana paty sticker. . Put a hijab on the back shelf. Anything in arabic will do. And essentially something Indigineous about a treaty. Then park where you like. The council will let it go.

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:27 am

**Looks at watch and thinks "is it really 1985 and the birth of the Keep Collingwood at Victoria Park Campaign?"**

No? Phew thank god for that!

If you want to go back to the 'old' vic park, go nuts, but it will never happen. We would never get permission from councils and government and local residents would go ballistic.

I have MANY great memories from VP, but I have no desire what so ever to re-visit them.
Run your memories of VP through the show reel in your head when you are at the G and see if you can regenerate the memories of the smells - the raw sewerage at the yarra falls end and the bar dregs (or whatevber it was) from the social club that ended up in the gutter at the Sherrin stand end. The mud, the blood and the cricket pitch in the middle. And they say the old days were better??
Standing in the rain?
Old scoreboard?
No replays?
No where to go and warm up on a cold day?
No TAB?
No Parking?
Crowd crush on VP Station?
Cold wooden seats if you had one?
etc
etc
etc

Great old memories from the Friday night disco in the social club (Anyone remember that? 10pm-5am - SLeep on the station waiting for the first train home for a shower and then back to the ground for the game!)

I could go on for a long time but its all in the past! We are doing it tough now due to on field results from off field decisions bjut lets ensure we are not dragged further backwards by negative thinking.

Pull you socks up and get on with the job in front of you.

If there is one thing I know, we will be back, bigger and better than ever! Sooner rather than later I hope and if we have any brains we will stop repeating the same mistakes we have made in the past and learn from them to be a better club and back to where we belong.

Looking back doesn't help you move forward.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 am

We will be heading back to Victoria Park when they replace those 80 inch flat panel TV.s with those wonderful black and white models.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm

dillo_09 wrote:
**Looks at watch and thinks "is it really 1985 and the birth of the Keep Collingwood at Victoria Park Campaign?"**

No? Phew thank god for that!

If you want to go back to the 'old' vic park, go nuts, but it will never happen. We would never get permission from councils and government and local residents would go ballistic.

I have MANY great memories from VP, but I have no desire what so ever to re-visit them.
Run your memories of VP through the show reel in your head when you are at the G and see if you can regenerate the memories of the smells - the raw sewerage at the yarra falls end and the bar dregs (or whatevber it was) from the social club that ended up in the gutter at the Sherrin stand end. The mud, the blood and the cricket pitch in the middle. And they say the old days were better??
Standing in the rain?
Old scoreboard?
No replays?
No where to go and warm up on a cold day?
No TAB?
No Parking?
Crowd crush on VP Station?
Cold wooden seats if you had one?
etc
etc
etc

Great old memories from the Friday night disco in the social club (Anyone remember that? 10pm-5am - SLeep on the station waiting for the first train home for a shower and then back to the ground for the game!)

I could go on for a long time but its all in the past! We are doing it tough now due to on field results from off field decisions bjut lets ensure we are not dragged further backwards by negative thinking.

Pull you socks up and get on with the job in front of you.

If there is one thing I know, we will be back, bigger and better than ever! Sooner rather than later I hope and if we have any brains we will stop repeating the same mistakes we have made in the past and learn from them to be a better club and back to where we belong.

Looking back doesn't help you move forward.

When people are reminiscing about Vic Park I believe what they are saying is that they want to return to the days when we were a club, when it was us and them, when we were a hated tribe, when we had a home, when there was a distinction between us and the rest. Those days are gone. Now we are bland.

I really envy what Geelong has done off the field (and on it, but that is another story). To think that a club with our supporter base has been shown by its poorer and smaller country cousin what can be achieved with some foresight and diligent leadership is quite disconcerting. Geelong is pushing for home finals, and why not, it is entitled to them. It has a home.

I am reminded of the LA Raiders in the 1980's when they moved from their home base and became "The Raiders of the Lost Park".
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm

ronrat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Go and get some stickers. Australian greens, I welcome asylum seekers. Save the whals. Find an old bomb and peel off if you can find a Nuclear disarmament sticker and an Australian Marijuana paty sticker. . Put a hijab on the back shelf. Anything in arabic will do. And essentially something Indigineous about a treaty. Then park where you like. The council will let it go.

Laughing Laughing I have an ol Peace sign chain I used to wear in my neo Hippie days, would that help too, hanging from the rear view mirror. ? Cool Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:42 pm

I last visited to see our vfl team beat Geelongs. I could get an espresso, but not a pie!

Unless we could BUILD proper facilities and not be dependent upon the whims of the council and a cricket club, stay at the lexus centre.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: