Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gary Pert resigns (confirmed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all a result of the disastrous Gabby Allan/Neil Balme fiasco, which was executed by Pert. I suspect, other heads will role, particularly in our recruiting area.

I also expect Bucks to get a multi-year contract extension once this season has ended.

This is all excellent news.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Pert has been looking at other jobs for a while.
He applied, but was unsuccessful, for the MCC CEO job.

Recent departures from the AFL may have opened up some other opportunities.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
This is all a result of the disastrous Gabby Allan/Neil Balme fiasco, which was executed by Pert. I suspect, other heads will role, particularly in our recruiting area.

I also expect Bucks to get a multi-year contract extension once this season has ended.

If he does... personally I'm going to stop watching football until he's gone. Voting with my feet.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

If he does... personally I'm going to stop watching football until he's gone. Voting with my feet.

I dont know why mate but I get the feeling you might end up not watching football. Wink

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Maybe but I also get the feeling I won't be missing any flags.

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Maybe but but I also get the feeling I won't be missing any flags.
Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

That's your call I guess, but without mentioning any names, for those who have posted personal attacks on Bucks, I actually think that would be the honourable thing to do.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

That's your call I guess, but without mentioning any names, for those who have posted personal attacks on Bucks, I actually think that would be the honourable thing to do.

The thing is, we maybe have one more win in us this year (nth) but we're pretty unlikely to get anymore. That would put us on 8 wins... less then last year - now what kind of a message is the club sending out if they then reinstate Bucks? I'd be flabbergasted to be honest, at that point I just can't invest myself emotionally to the club anymore - it would be impossible.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The thing is, we maybe have one more win in us this year (nth) but we're pretty unlikely to get anymore. That would put us on 8 wins... less then last year - now what kind of a message is the club sending out if they then reinstate Bucks? I'd be flabbergasted to be honest, at that point I just can't invest myself emotionally to the club anymore - it would be impossible.
8 wins? Hold that thought
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm
Post subject: Trifecta PleaseReply with quote

I pray to god that this is the beginning of a trifecta of departures. President and coach next . For the CEO to go before the end of our season is a shock. However, if you have walked into our Club over the last few years, a morgue is more stimulating. It is barron and supporter unfriendly. A disgrace actually. No social club and zero atmosphere. Was the CEO responsible for that? Not sure. But seriously, without massive reform and Eddie departing, our Club will not ever return to the magnificent days we enjoyed at Victoria Park. Let's continue to oppose these people that control our Club and tell us that rotten beef is a prime porterhouse.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Eddie is going no where, I can accept that because on the whole even though its total dictatorship - mostly he's been good, in fact excellent... it's just the pigheadedness with his love child.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:28 pm
Post subject: RubbishReply with quote

Eddie is going no where, I can accept that because on the whole even though its total dictatorship - mostly he's been good, in fact excellent... it's just the pigheadedness with his love child.

You are clueless but I like you!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:33 pm
Post subject: Re: RubbishReply with quote

Hiss wrote:

You are clueless but I like you!

Of course I'm clueless, hence why Bucks is already rubbing a premiership cup. And yes Hiss, I like you too.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:41 pm

It's the month of the short steak knives. By the time this purge is done it will be Ed and Bucks left standing citing a need for some stability in turbulent times. It's all rather obvious really. Don't forget to tune into the Footy Show and party like it's 1999! Come in spinner.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Was not a bad show on the ABC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: