Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gary Pert resigns (confirmed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have all missed the point folks.

None of you are "people who are sitting there with serious minds to come up with serious answers to serious questions."

It all pretty serious. Not something frivolous folk should be getting mixed up in.

Once the serious minds have worked it all out, they will tell you what is going to happen and you should all be bloody well grateful they took it all so seriously .

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

1970 wrote:

None of you are "people who are sitting there with serious minds to come up with serious answers to serious questions."

It all pretty serious. Not something frivolous folk should be getting mixed up in.

Once the serious minds have worked it all out, they will tell you what is going to happen and you should all be bloody well grateful they took it all so seriously .

Are you serious? Wink
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
1970 wrote:

Are you serious? Wink

No. He is just being a comedian.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 pm

1970 wrote:

Yeah, let's use the hitler / nazi argument - that always works.

Meanwhile we need a new thread for potential CEO's: think I'll start one.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

Good to know Travis Cloke can have his parking spot back.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 am

David wrote:
Good to know Travis Cloke can have his parking spot back.

Morning chuckle! Ta!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 am

watt price tully wrote:
1970 wrote:

Yeah, let's use the hitler / nazi argument - that always works.

Meanwhile we need a new thread for potential CEO's: think I'll start one.

Why? It's got nothing to do with you. You are not taking this seriously enough I am afraid! Hitler was an authoritarian. He nearly got the job done into the bargain. What I find interesting is that a fella who supports authoritarianism chooses a Hitler quote about the people not thinking as a quotable quote on a CFC message board. The fact is Ed, after Pert has done his bidding for a decade, threw him under a bus as an example to everyone else. This purging will be a thing of beauty. It's a serious answer to a serious question!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Just one or two assumptions:

1. Who are you to determine who may or may not be taking things seriously enough (or not)?

2. Who are you to suggest who supports authoritarianism?

3. Who are you to state that the future at Collingwood administration is already determined?

Some of us choose to spend our hard earned on the way we see fit and be involved as it were in the way we see fit & have the energy / time etc to act or not act or to partially act as it were.

Nuance exists. Not all is black and white.

With respect to the Hitler overused argument:

Hitler and the nazi's who were voted in arranged, planned & industrially murdered most of the jewish community let alone Roma's and homosexuals.

Maguire murdered who exactly?

I want to see Maguire go (& I reckon on balance he's done a very good job) with Buckley as they've both served their time (if not too much of the time) but some perspective when mounting the argument wouldn't go astray.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Just one or two assumptions:

1. Who are you to determine who may or may not be taking things seriously enough (or not)?

3. Who are you to state that the future at Collingwood administration is already determined?

Some of us choose to spend our hard earned on the way we see fit and be involved as it were in the way we see fit & have the energy / time etc to act or not act or to partially act as it were.

Nuance exists. Not all is black and white.

My tongue was in my cheek there but it doesn't really matter. To be clear, I don't determine these things. Instead let's hear from Pres. McGuire again. This time, with the full quote: "It's not the cheer squad who are making these decisions, it's people who are sitting there with serious minds to come up with serious answers to serious questions." Seems pretty clear. The "cheer squad" is a euphemism. He means everyone who isn't on the board. This includes you. You are deemed not capable of taking it seriously. Sorry. It's just the way things are. It's been this way for nearly 20 years. Shouldn't be too much of a shock mate!

I have met Member 7167 in person, I have received private missives from him and read his posts here. He is a staunch supporter of McGuire's regime and stated quite plainly in this thread that we don't know the facts so are in no position to take a position. Conversely, there are those who know the facts, they will make a decision accordingly. We will all have to go along with it because we won't know the facts. It's an argument that supports authoritarianism. I am happy with my position on that.

You can make an educated guess about the future by observing the past. For the foreseeable future - let's say 5 years - you get this administration. Or various folk appointed by Ed. That seems pretty self evident. I remember telling people Ed would still be there in 10 years in 2009. Nobody agreed. They said they trusted that he would make arrangements for a successor. I was right.

You are more than entitled to act as you see fit. Of course. That should go without saying. I am very interested to hear what this 3, 5 or 10 year plan looks like. I wonder how much of it we will get to see. What I can tell you is that I had some very detailed discussions with Ed about his plans and how he was going about it 5 years ago. I am well aware of what came to pass and what didn't. What was clear to me at the time was that period between 2009 and 2012 when Anne, Shane, Alison and myself took it up to him seemed to keep him on his toes to a degree. He's pretty hard to keep up with though. He wears you down! I am also easily distracted.

PS - I am not making a comparison with Hitler. That is so hack. Check out Member 7617 and the quote above his avatar. I responded to that. It was a bit of gentle ribbing!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks for that 1970.

I didn't even notice Members avatar.

Cheers. It's an issue when I don't wear my glasses.

Misunderstanding on my part. Apologies

Carry on!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm

No drama whatsoever mate! Glad it all finally made sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: