Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 13.15.93
West Coast 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Elliott 3, Reid 2, Fas, Levi, Adams, H-E 1,

Disposals: Treloar 35, Crisp 33, Adams, Howe 26, H-E 24, Sidey, De Goey 20, Grundy, Langdon 19, Levi, Wells 16, Wills 15, Fas 14, Maynard, Goldy, Dunn, Thomas 12,

DE% - 92.3 Goldy, 90 Sidey and Jamie Elliott. Daniel Wells and WH-E 87.5 Tom Langdon 83.3

AF points: Grundy 127, Crisp 121, Treloar 114, Adams 106, Howe 101, De Goey 96

Crowd: 22,927

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:37 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I took my younger daughter today. She doesn't watch footy. She's not interested in footy. She knows next to nothing about footy. 5 minutes into the last qtr she turns to me and says "Collingwood handballs too much".
Everyone's an expert. Very Happy

Out of the mouths of babes...
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:37 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I took my younger daughter today. She doesn't watch footy. She's not interested in footy. She knows next to nothing about footy. 5 minutes into the last qtr she turns to me and says "Collingwood handballs too much".

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

Some of you are very hard markers.

DE% is the greatest waste of statistic space there is.

Take out the 1 metre hand passes and concentrate only on foot skills. Then tell me what the % is.

There are a lot of players, from all sides who miss 1 metre hand passes. Many are under pressure, that's why it is included and why it can't be excluded.

Ok, if you want a " good " stat, then check the Age newspaper player stats and the column C E ( critical errors ) Those errors relate to an involvement that ends up as an opposition score. They will be for all to see in Monday's paper.
It's the old story, if you get the ball often enough, you will eventually make a mistake or two. I thought Crisp was ordinary early but he really held the Eagles up, particularly in the second half when we couldn't afford them to score against our momentum.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)

Hey Qld, what is Foxtel IQ? Do you pay extra for it, or is it part of Foxtel Play?

You pause rewind any live show or record anything and then rewatch it any time. I always record our games because some times you miss things as they happen and when you watch again you see stuff
I'm not sure if there's a extra cost we have the premium package and 3 set top boxes think it costs around $159.95 a month
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:00 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)
A few observations on the after match before I proceed.
Buckley was obviously very happy we won he made a beeline straight to Adams and embraced him long and hard and the smile on his face was enormous. I think the coach may have given him a rocket a couple weeks ago after a few poor to average matches and last week and this week he showed why he is so highly rated as a future captain.
Buckley then shock the hands of a few players but when he got to Maynard he embraced him again. Maynards face wasn't one of over joy and elation like many of his team mates he knew he had made some errors again but you could see the coach talking to him in a positive manner as Mayanrd was nodding his head and finally after about a minute smiled and started looking happy as he should because we won.
Both these moments showed me the coach has learned a lot in the past few years he showed the emotion he needed to and he put his arm around the shoulder of a couple players who had been struggling or hadn't played there best games.

Ok onto the game.
I don't know if this win says more about our team spirit and desire or that west coast are really just a average side who don't handle pressure well. I'm super happy we won don't get me wrong but they just didn't seem to be able to match our intensity when we turned the wick up.
JDG came of age for mine today. He was good in the middle but when he went forward he showed real class and his 4-2 and 3 other score involvements we instrumental in the result going our way.
Grundy was massive he hadn't been good the past couple weeks only fair but today he scrapped and clawed away and just gave us first use of it when we needed it.
Trelaor was good without being brilliant but he tried his heart out all day.
Crisp for his mistakes kept turning up and trying and you can't ask for much more
WHE played well maybe his best game for the club
Wells just oozes class and makes a huge difference. We are 6 from 8 with him
Howe didn't have his best game but did take some telling marks and left his man often to help a team mate.
Goldie was soundly beaten but nobody can ever doubt his heart and efforts. He was always willing and his tackle late in the game was huge and turned momentum back our way
Faz & Elliott both played well and Faz's sealing goal showed he has confidence again to take on the big moment.
Overall to come back for 4 goals down 2 men down showed enormous courage and a total team effort.
Kudos to the players
Hope Moore and Varcoe are ok and Pendles is right to go next week.
Hey did anyone else notice Dunn had a cloth over his hand after the game and a few team mates were showing concern like it may have been a webbing issue or dislocation ?

As per your comments at the end Re Dunn holding his hand. Absolutely I noticed it. He had certainly done some damage. Watch this space.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

Does she know Bucks Twitter handle ?? Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
Coach crap for denying Wills unfairly or soooo long!!!! Wrecking ball etc etc etc Got his chance today and down to 20 players. If he touched it, must have been off camera. Coach no idea!!!!

Yep, I posted the same at the game. Good luck to the kid, but he looked lost today- slow, indecisive and fumbling constantly under the pressure. Some of the Buckley critics have no idea. I hope Wills has a chance to do better next week, because the first game up is always tough.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 pm

It was great to win, the end was very exciting but

We still don't look like contenders, West coast don't look like contenders,
We led for about 90sec of the game! At least it was the right 90sec!

Still left gaping holes in defence too often. Still a lot of dinky kicks, sideways play, passing to players under pressure. In the scheme of things not sure what it means.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Video of Treloar's take on the game is now up on the CFC website.

Only 3:39 minutes but wide ranging. Worth a look and listen before you go to sleep tonight, perchance to dream...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2017-07-23/treloars-glowing-praise-for-de-goey
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Showed real character to come from 4 goals down and 2 players down.

JDG is starting to show his class, a worthy number 5 draft pick.

Great to finally see a win live this year.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Donny wrote:
Collingwood 13.15.93
West Coast 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Elliott 3, Reid 2, Fas, Levi, Adams, H-E 1,

Disposals: Treloar 35, Crisp 33, Adams, Howe 26, H-E 24, Sidey, De Goey 20, Grundy, Langdon 19, Levi, Wells 16, Wills 15, Fas 14, Maynard, Goldy, Dunn, Thomas 12,

DE% - 92.3 Goldy, 90 Sidey and Jamie Elliott. Daniel Wells and WH-E 87.5 Tom Langdon 83.3

AF points: Grundy 127, Crisp 121, Treloar 114, Adams 106, Howe 101, De Goey 96

Crowd: 22,927

Very disappointing crowd!

Considering the venue, timeslot and both teams travelling on ladder positions.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 pm

THE Win was even sweeter later, hearing that the Bluescum got belted by the Lions, at one stage nearly ten goals down. LOL. and to think some on here rated the scum list better than ours. Joke. Their VFL side is utter shit too, ours is way better and that's the future folks. ! Great day for the Pies, five losses on the trot to the scum, very nice, and I bet ol MM liked that news too, as he sat next to eddie.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:59 pm

The last fifteen minutes of the match was excellent. We took the game on, played down the middle and were weren't willing to play sideways football the way we've become accustomed to. It was fantastic to watch.

De Goey is a star in the making! He took the game by the scruff of the neck and stood up when we needed someone to stand up and make a statement especially in light of the absence of our captain and the injuries to Moore and Varcoe. The fact that we were two players short on the bench makes this victory extraordinary.

We struggled for large parts of the game and we're not an atheistically pleasing side to watch the majority of the time. Our efficiency heading into forward 50 was poor, barring the last fifteen minutes where we started gaining reward for effort.

If we played fast direct footy rather than sideways footy which often causes turnovers from our poor disposal of the ball, I don't think this side would be as frustrating to watch.

The crowd number was disappointing overall, but I'm certain a combination of factors contributed to that overall number such as form, scheduling and location with the match being played at Etihad as opposed to the MCG. It is well known that much of our supporter base dislikes Etihad Stadium. However, in saying that, the crowd was loud in the end so that was great to see and it's always rewarding attending these matches after seeing many losing ones live in recent times.

I don't think my view on Bucks has changed too much as it did from the start of the year. I'd just like to see the season play out for the next five weeks, and then hopefully the club can make an informed and sensible decision on what to do next, which should coincide on what the club review says as well.

As it stands, I still remain undecided on his future, but I personally lean toward moving him on, but I'm unsure of what the club wants him to achieve from now until the end of the year so it's all relative. He needs two more wins to level what we achieved last year, but will that be enough to keep him on?

Bucks' supporters will get ahead of themselves now, but I don't think too much changes today. The comforting thing about this win is that the media won't be writing negative stories about us this week and the heat will be off us for at least a week. It's also nice to know that despite the ugly nature of our game style that it appears the players are behind the coach if their playing actions in the last 15 minutes are anything to go by.

Looking forward to the challenge of taking on Adelaide next week. I don't expect us to win, but certainly today give us a little bit more confidence now.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
A few observations on the after match before I proceed.
Buckley was obviously very happy we won he made a beeline straight to Adams and embraced him long and hard and the smile on his face was enormous. I think the coach may have given him a rocket a couple weeks ago after a few poor to average matches and last week and this week he showed why he is so highly rated as a future captain.
Buckley then shock the hands of a few players but when he got to Maynard he embraced him again. Maynards face wasn't one of over joy and elation like many of his team mates he knew he had made some errors again but you could see the coach talking to him in a positive manner as Mayanrd was nodding his head and finally after about a minute smiled and started looking happy as he should because we won.
Both these moments showed me the coach has learned a lot in the past few years he showed the emotion he needed to and he put his arm around the shoulder of a couple players who had been struggling or hadn't played there best games.

Ok onto the game.
I don't know if this win says more about our team spirit and desire or that west coast are really just a average side who don't handle pressure well. I'm super happy we won don't get me wrong but they just didn't seem to be able to match our intensity when we turned the wick up.
JDG came of age for mine today. He was good in the middle but when he went forward he showed real class and his 4-2 and 3 other score involvements we instrumental in the result going our way.
Grundy was massive he hadn't been good the past couple weeks only fair but today he scrapped and clawed away and just gave us first use of it when we needed it.
Trelaor was good without being brilliant but he tried his heart out all day.
Crisp for his mistakes kept turning up and trying and you can't ask for much more
WHE played well maybe his best game for the club
Wells just oozes class and makes a huge difference. We are 6 from 8 with him
Howe didn't have his best game but did take some telling marks and left his man often to help a team mate.
Goldie was soundly beaten but nobody can ever doubt his heart and efforts. He was always willing and his tackle late in the game was huge and turned momentum back our way
Faz & Elliott both played well and Faz's sealing goal showed he has confidence again to take on the big moment.
Overall to come back for 4 goals down 2 men down showed enormous courage and a total team effort.
Kudos to the players
Hope Moore and Varcoe are ok and Pendles is right to go next week.
Hey did anyone else notice Dunn had a cloth over his hand after the game and a few team mates were showing concern like it may have been a webbing issue or dislocation ?

A good summation of things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: