Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

Some of you are very hard markers.

He was one of our best today. Possibly his best game yet.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Collingwood 13.15.93
West Coast 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Elliott 3, Reid 2, Fas, Levi, Adams, H-E 1,

Disposals: Treloar 35, Crisp 33, Adams, Howe 26, H-E 24, Sidey, De Goey 20, Grundy, Langdon 19, Levi, Wells 16, Wills 15, Fas 14, Maynard, Goldy, Dunn, Thomas 12,

DE% - 92.3 Goldy, 90 Sidey and Jamie Elliott. Daniel Wells and WH-E 87.5 Tom Langdon 83.3

AF points: Grundy 127, Crisp 121, Treloar 114, Adams 106, Howe 101, De Goey 96

Crowd: 22,927

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

He was one of our best today. Possibly his best game yet.

I think there is some evidence his disposal early in the game was pretty ordinary - but to his credit he worked his way back into it and probably finished the day well in the black. I am a fan of him but he was on the nose early.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 pm

I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)
A few observations on the after match before I proceed.
Buckley was obviously very happy we won he made a beeline straight to Adams and embraced him long and hard and the smile on his face was enormous. I think the coach may have given him a rocket a couple weeks ago after a few poor to average matches and last week and this week he showed why he is so highly rated as a future captain.
Buckley then shock the hands of a few players but when he got to Maynard he embraced him again. Maynards face wasn't one of over joy and elation like many of his team mates he knew he had made some errors again but you could see the coach talking to him in a positive manner as Mayanrd was nodding his head and finally after about a minute smiled and started looking happy as he should because we won.
Both these moments showed me the coach has learned a lot in the past few years he showed the emotion he needed to and he put his arm around the shoulder of a couple players who had been struggling or hadn't played there best games.

Ok onto the game.
I don't know if this win says more about our team spirit and desire or that west coast are really just a average side who don't handle pressure well. I'm super happy we won don't get me wrong but they just didn't seem to be able to match our intensity when we turned the wick up.
JDG came of age for mine today. He was good in the middle but when he went forward he showed real class and his 4-2 and 3 other score involvements we instrumental in the result going our way.
Grundy was massive he hadn't been good the past couple weeks only fair but today he scrapped and clawed away and just gave us first use of it when we needed it.
Trelaor was good without being brilliant but he tried his heart out all day.
Crisp for his mistakes kept turning up and trying and you can't ask for much more
WHE played well maybe his best game for the club
Wells just oozes class and makes a huge difference. We are 6 from 8 with him
Howe didn't have his best game but did take some telling marks and left his man often to help a team mate.
Goldie was soundly beaten but nobody can ever doubt his heart and efforts. He was always willing and his tackle late in the game was huge and turned momentum back our way
Faz & Elliott both played well and Faz's sealing goal showed he has confidence again to take on the big moment.
Overall to come back for 4 goals down 2 men down showed enormous courage and a total team effort.
Kudos to the players
Hope Moore and Varcoe are ok and Pendles is right to go next week.
Hey did anyone else notice Dunn had a cloth over his hand after the game and a few team mates were showing concern like it may have been a webbing issue or dislocation ?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:01 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
2 men down.
4 goals behind in the last
An opponent who needed the win for the 8.
Great win. Great guts.

Suck on that anti-Bucks.

Great win, but after 6 years we're 7-10 and 13th on the ladder.

If mediocrity is your benchmark, that's a beautiful set of figures.

Winning under those circumstances is far from mediocre.

Bucks coaching record having more wins than Thompson, Malthouse and Clarkson at the same stage of their careers is also far from mediocre. They won flags under each respectively and we will too, I'm sure. As they were prepared to see out the rough times, so am I.

Most coaches in history and all of the above took over sides whose previous coach was sacked because of poor on field results.

This wasn't the case with Buckley and not many get that luxury.

If you want to compare like for like then compare him to C.Scott who took over in similar circumstances and has a far superior record overall.

The side under Buckley has declined every year since the influence of the team of 2010/11 has waned.

Great win today against the odds but we've seen that type of performance before and yet we'll probably end up with less wins again than the previous season.

Hardly anything to gloat about.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Some good and valid points Qldpie67.

Bucks engagement with the players as you described shows great leadership and is priceless feedback for the players. He can't kick the goals himself for us anymore but this sort of thing is mighty close.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 pm

I took my younger daughter today. She doesn't watch footy. She's not interested in footy. She knows next to nothing about footy. 5 minutes into the last qtr she turns to me and says "Collingwood handballs too much".
Everyone's an expert. Very Happy
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 pm

$1.85 favourites Shocked

Jamie to kick 1st goal @ $10.50
Jamie to kick 1st goal for Pies @ $5.50
Pies by 1-12 @ $4.20

I'm on a heater from the races yesterday (Perth qauddie + heaps of winners)

These to cap off the weekend Cool

Laughing Laughing Very Happy Cool

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
2 men down.
4 goals behind in the last
An opponent who needed the win for the 8.
Great win. Great guts.

Suck on that anti-Bucks.

Great win, but after 6 years we're 7-10 and 13th on the ladder.

If mediocrity is your benchmark, that's a beautiful set of figures.

Winning under those circumstances is far from mediocre.

Bucks coaching record having more wins than Thompson, Malthouse and Clarkson at the same stage of their careers is also far from mediocre. They won flags under each respectively and we will too, I'm sure. As they were prepared to see out the rough times, so am I.

Most coaches in history and all of the above took over sides whose previous coach was sacked because of poor on field results.

This wasn't the case with Buckley and not many get that luxury.

If you want to compare like for like then compare him to C.Scott who took over in similar circumstances and has a far superior record overall.

The side under Buckley has declined every year since the influence of the team of 2010/11 has waned.

Great win today against the odds but we've seen that type of performance before and yet we'll probably end up with less wins again than the previous season.

Hardly anything to gloat about.

Many people choose to ignore that Bucks took over a team, where most of the top players were at the end of their careers, including Jolly, Leroy, Ball, Dids, Johnno, Tarrant, Davis and, as it turned out Daisy and Cloke. Bucks stood by most of these players for a couple of seasons before realising we needed a complete re-build. Along the way, he has had to put up with instability and divisions within our footy department, evidenced by the revolving door policy toward our Director of footy position. Bucks also made a massive mistake in showing faith in Cloke, when he should have traded him 4 or 5 years ago. His rapid decline has left a massive hole in our forward line, one we still have not filled. Nevertheless, I can see the development of our young list and I reckon Bucks will lead us to Premiership glory in the not too distant future. But I don't expect to change your or anyone else opinion on this matter.

Unlike you however, I intend to gloat about today's win to all the Collingwood haters I know. Today, we stuck it up 'em. Go Pies!

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I just got home from the game. An incredible experience. it was a Collingwood moment for the ages. DeGoey, Billy, Treloar Grundy Greenwood Crisp and the tireless Adams somehow scrapped us back from the abyss. And how emotional was it to see Fas slot that winning goal !!! And for the first time in years I saw a Pies player turn a game personally. What a beast DeGoey was.

Despite all of that, watching this side is still like watching a monkey trick cyclist unicycling down a mountain - moments of breathtaking daring and craziness that end as easily in tragedy as triumph. A few questions of the coaching staff :

1. Why on earth would you leave Goldsack on Kennedy so long with almost no third man up support ?
2. Why do you persist on playing this crazy over-possessing rugby Style game through the middle ? When we went long and direct in the last twenty minutes we floored them.
3. Why is their team so relentlessly precise by hand and foot and ours so haphazard ?

Yes, we won, and it was glorious and painful all at once. But let's not kid ourselves that this has fixed some fundamental problems.

I agree absolutely with your summation of this as a win for the ages. A victory over incredible adversity. I think we must credit Jordan De Goey for being the spark that lit the accelerant.
I agree absolutely with point 1. WTF did Dunn not go to Kennedy much, much earlier than he did? When Kennedy had kicked 3 by early in the second quarter, I would have made that move.
I agree also with point 2. Why do we handball in the centre of the ground so addictively?? Time and time again, we had the chance for a massive break, but instead of looking for a kick down the field, instinctively handballed to another guy nearby, who was under pressure. Crazy.
In reference to point 3, I don't think they were relentlessly precise by hand and foot. I saw many clangers from them as well. I think today that what really cost us was this incessant handball through the corridor rather than simply going fast and direct, as you said in point 2.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

DE% is the greatest waste of statistic space there is.

Take out the 1 metre hand passes and concentrate only on foot skills. Then tell me what the % is.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Where do you want me to take it?
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm

jatsad wrote:
Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

Take out the 1 metre hand passes and concentrate only on foot skills. Then tell me what the % is.

There are a lot of players, from all sides who miss 1 metre hand passes. Many are under pressure, that's why it is included and why it can't be excluded.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)

Hey Qld, what is Foxtel IQ? Do you pay extra for it, or is it part of Foxtel Play?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

jatsad wrote:
Donny wrote:
Crisp - 78.8 DE%.

There are a lot of players, from all sides who miss 1 metre hand passes. Many are under pressure, that's why it is included and why it can't be excluded.

Agree absolutely. Handball is critical, and when done in an effective, and judicious manner, it is massive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: