Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wells recruiting criticized - except we win with him

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:23 pm
Post subject: Wells recruiting criticized - except we win with himReply with quote

the recruiting of Daniel wells has been one of the most criticized moves made by collingwood this year (other than the Mayne trade i guess).

what amazes me is that although we have only managed to get him on the park for 6 of our 16 games, we have actually won most of those games!!! Coincidence? Or is he the missing piece. Elite class in a workmanlike midfield.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly adds a new dimension to our team when he is playing at his best. He is a very good user of the ball and his skills a A Grade to Elite. We knew we would net get every game out of him bu tI suggest that we would have expect less down time over the season.

This was always going to be a gamble but when you watch him play you can see sum good reason why we should have taken the risk.

Mayne is a very different situation and he was never a Wells by any stretch of the imagination.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Wells recruiting criticized - except we win with himReply with quote

E wrote:
the recruiting of Daniel wells has been one of the most criticized moves made by collingwood this year (other than the Mayne trade i guess).

what amazes me is that although we have only managed to get him on the park for 6 of our 16 games, we have actually won most of those games!!! Coincidence? Or is he the missing piece. Elite class in a workmanlike midfield.

I don't think anyone doubted his class, just his proneness to injury, which has hurt us badly this season. To have missed 10 games already through injury does not bode well for the next 2 years. When he's up and about, he's exactly what we need, but unless he can become a reliable contributor, the jury is still out on whether recruiting him was a wise move. Here's hoping he stays fit.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm

gees i cant believe anyone is excited about a win against the team below us on the ladder, in 15th out of 18th spot, by a measly 15 points, when the weather should have suited us not them, and they had 2 players on the bench in the last!

i will hail the king when he leads us to a win against a team that counts!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm

I think the stats show that we have won 5 games out of 7 when he's played and won one game out of 9 when he hasn't played.So yes,he is a match winner-when he plays.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 pm

nah sorry, 1 player is not a match winner, need more stats than that. how many wins against decent teams? (yeah i know there is only 4 below us) the only one that really counts is Geefrickenlong, and Greenwood tagging out selwood had the most influence, and strangely, he hast tagged anyone since!!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Great pick up if we were shooting for a flag, but the wins we get with him now are only costing draft pick position and how many years do we think we'll get from him?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Wokko wrote:
Great pick up if we were shooting for a flag, but the wins we get with him now are only costing draft pick position and how many years do we think we'll get from him?
wot i just said in the after game thread! spot on
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Never convince the doubters, as is their right but gee it's boring.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:19 pm

think positive wrote:
nah sorry, 1 player is not a match winner, need more stats than that. how many wins against decent teams? (yeah i know there is only 4 below us) the only one that really counts is Geefrickenlong, and Greenwood tagging out selwood had the most influence, and strangely, he hast tagged anyone since!!

Did you see what Wells did in the first quarter last week?He dodged around two Gold Coast players on the boundary line,then delivered the perfect pass to Fasolo.Now tell me,who else on our list has the poise and class to do something like that?
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm

In next years Grand Final, we'll be like. Daniel Wells is going to win us this flag
The Weed 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 pm

think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

'nah sorry, 1 player is not a match winner, need more stats than that'

Cant have it both ways TP, either he is not a match winner or he is not costing us draft picks with us winning when he is playing.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

The Weed wrote:
think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

'nah sorry, 1 player is not a match winner, need more stats than that'

Cant have it both ways TP, either he is not a match winner or he is not costing us draft picks with us winning when he is playing.

dont want it both ways, wot i said above doesnt make him a match winner, he never was and never will be an ablett or a dangerfield, but if we were shooting for a flag, then he would be a handy experienced player to have,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:

Did you see what Wells did in the first quarter last week?He dodged around two Gold Coast players on the boundary line,then delivered the perfect pass to Fasolo.Now tell me,who else on our list has the poise and class to do something like that?

pendles, sidey can, plus WHE, Treloar and DeGoey should all be able to do that, he didnt kick the goal did he? we have enough onballers, we need a KPP. if we had him fit every week, young, then yes, id take him over WHE at least, but hes not, never will be, and he has cost us far too much for a "match winner"against a bottom 5 team with two players on the bench in the last quarter.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Never convince the doubters, as is their right but gee it's boring.
as boring as watching us play right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: