Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nintendo Suing Rom Sites

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 pm
Post subject: Nintendo Suing Rom SitesReply with quote

https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-sues-console-rom-sites-for-mass-copyright-infringement-180720/

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6POxEdo1WY

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw85uRq9VbA
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:34 pm
Post subject: The End of EmuparadiseReply with quote

https://www.emuparadise.me/emuparadise-changing.php

So Nintendo Suing is getting Effect they wanted in Sites Closing Down because of Fear of Getting Sued for 100's of Millions of Dollars

Very Sad day for the Rom Community

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 am

Good. Why should these website owners who have contributed nothing to the making of those games make unauthorized money out of Nintendo’s intellectual property ? Nintendo continue to invest in new games and pay taxes and employ new developers and others. They are entitled to revenue from their products, just as much as Collingwood FC is entitled to the revenue from its games and television rights. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 am

Mugwump wrote:
Good. Why should these website owners who have contributed nothing to the making of those games make unauthorized money out of Nintendo’s intellectual property ? Nintendo continue to invest in new games and pay taxes and employ new developers and others. They are entitled to revenue from their products, just as much as Collingwood FC is entitled to the revenue from its games and television rights. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

I agree, and they ain’t cheap to make, my eldest has virtual reality set and the games are mind bogglingly real.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Problem is there lot of Old Roms on there that there is no way of Getting a Copy Of. Either Super Expensive and Very Rare and You can buy the game 2nd Hands so Nintendo see 0% of the Money anyway.

I can understand closing Sites that have Roms of Current Consoles but not ones that have games that are Decades old that you can buy Legally from Nintendo or other Gaming Companies

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Video's:(Explain it Better then I can)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6rwGQDqf2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLWudZpWuN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMqtS7bsJUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckt-U7cu9Q

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Problem is there lot of Old Roms on there that there is no way of Getting a Copy Of. Either Super Expensive and Very Rare and You can buy the game 2nd Hands so Nintendo see 0% of the Money anyway.

I can understand closing Sites that have Roms of Current Consoles but not ones that have games that are Decades old that you can buy Legally from Nintendo or other Gaming Companies

Dave, that’s a fair point and thank you for engaging with what I wrote and addressing it. I watched the YouTube video you attached at first (the one with the bald, bearded guy), and he seemed to be suggesting that these old games were still valuable and that was why Nintendo were moving to protect the, so I am not sure about your “Nintendo gets 0%” point.

However, it may even be that the popularity of these old titles has been kept alive by these RoM sites until Nintendo can make money from them again. In that case, some compromise might hopefully be negotiated, The key thing, in my eyes, is that the titles do not belong to anyone but Nintendo.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Dave, that’s a fair point and thank you for engaging with what I wrote and addressing it. I watched the YouTube video you attached at first (the one with the bald, bearded guy), and he seemed to be suggesting that these old games were still valuable and that was why Nintendo were moving to protect the, so I am not sure about your “Nintendo gets 0%” point.

However, it may even be that the popularity of these old titles has been kept alive by these RoM sites until Nintendo can make money from them again. In that case, some compromise might hopefully be negotiated, The key thing, in my eyes, is that the titles do not belong to anyone but Nintendo.

I think as it was Mentioned in 1 of the Vidoe's the Huge Success of the SNES and NES Mini has shown Nintendo that lot of People Love these Old Games and see $$$$ signs from them.

Emupardise been up for 18 Years so Since 2000 and only been this Year when they got Noticed and that Ended by Getting Rid of Roms. Took a bloody long time.

Glad you also where Open Minded to what I was saying

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm

https://torrentfreak.com/why-nintendo-will-never-defeat-retro-gamers-180912/
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:17 am

I had no idea Nintendo still existed tbh.

This lawsuit smells of a company in its death throes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: