Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Club getting desperate for money

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
They have an excess of merchandise which they were discounting at the last MCG game by 25%. Now they're discounting again to reduce their stock. Nothing wrong with what they're doing, but we wouldn't be holding excess stock if we were winning and more Collingwood supporters were turning up at games. Forget the milestones, visionary theories of play and being the nice guy. It's all about winning, nothing more, nothing less.

Think that there is around 5,000 AFL members with Collingwood club support packages, in the past we had always got free members caps or scarves.
Am sure that they would have factored this into their stock order.

Somebody then came up with this bright idea to charge us and we voted with our wallets. Now they are stuck with all this stock and trying to get rid of it to save them the cost of dumping it.

Time to give them away now, rather than trying to sell what AFL members have already refused to buy.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
They have an excess of merchandise which they were discounting at the last MCG game by 25%. Now they're discounting again to reduce their stock. Nothing wrong with what they're doing, but we wouldn't be holding excess stock if we were winning and more Collingwood supporters were turning up at games. Forget the milestones, visionary theories of play and being the nice guy. It's all about winning, nothing more, nothing less.

Think that there is around 5,000 AFL members with Collingwood club support packages, in the past we had always got free members caps or scarves.
Am sure that they would have factored this into their stock order.

Somebody then came up with this bright idea to charge us and we voted with our wallets. Now they are stuck with all this stock and trying to get rid of it to save them the cost of dumping it.

Time to give them away now, rather than trying to sell what AFL members have already refused to buy.

I didn't notice that because I'm a social club member. That's strange then and very unprofessional of the club because as you say, it should have been factored into the sales. Since memberships went up in price in 2017 the cost of free merchandise should have been absorbed into the increased price of memberships.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:40 pm

The merch shopon our website is just garbage.

Easier to go into the shop at the lexus centre or whatever its called now, heaps more stuff in there that isn't on the merch page on the collingwoodfc website.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:07 pm

You could all, you know, just not buy one.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm

That would be too easy Very Happy
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm

the club rang me today as they have run out of bread rolls. I laughed and said put all ya money into hats didn't ya!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I got sent raffle tickets last week too. Not much enthusiasm to purchase them I must say.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

maybe they should buy some of the -win 2.1 million on thursday things i just got 3 emails for!! nice pic of Treloar though!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Damien wrote:
I got sent raffle tickets last week too. Not much enthusiasm to purchase them I must say.

i paid for 2 and sent the rest back!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 pm
Post subject: NoReply with quote

The Club asking me to buy raffle tickets is encouraging gambling! That is against the teachings of Jesus and the Bible
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 pm

I agree with the criticism of penny pinching with merchandise for members of the club here.
I pointed out similar sentiments in another thread earlier in the year to those posted here. This was upon reflecting on the stingy offering to me of a few stickers and a useless lanyard at the beginning of this year after 25 continuous years of AFL membership. This on top of at least half the years cfc member dating back to 1978.
The club's response then was to suggest that I pay up an extra $60 to get a scarf with my years of membership on it.
Cold and heartless money grabbing feelings coming my way.
In years gone by, the cap has been valued as a small token of appreciation from the club. This is the way to go. It should be combined with other offers when milestones of years supporting the cause are reached. Doesn't have to be much. Just something as thanks and reaching out to connect supporters and active players, be they on the field or in the coaching team. Not having to pay several hundreds of dollars extra for the privilege.
I hadn't heard from the club since tabling my concerns in April until the raffle book turned up in the post this week. Didn't take long for it to hit the bin. We are looking for better than this. We deserve it. The club will be better for it as well.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm
Post subject: Re: NoReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
The Club asking me to buy raffle tickets is encouraging gambling! That is against the teachings of Jesus and the Bible

What about all those Pokies, in nearly every single RSL ???? Surprised Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Damien wrote:

Yeah I got some too (as an AFL member). Do they really think we are going to buy them if they were too tight to give us a hat?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Joel wrote:
Damien wrote:

Yeah I got some too (as an AFL member). Do they really think we are going to buy them if they were too tight to give us a hat?

That was how I felt as well. Straight in the bin they went.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:16 pm

I just sold them to friends who always sell me their tickets.
What goes around comes around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: