Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
I have no emotional investment in this season now and was barracking for draft position.

We are on the same page.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Will take the win any day of the week after 4 losses in a row, even against a bottom 4 side, but the holes are still there in attack, holes still in defence and a midfield that is too one paced and doesn't move the ball quickly enough. Varcoe and Wells add class and pace over the field. WHE is the only other one who can move the ball quickly. Moore still needs help in the forward line and Goldsack, while heroic in the backline, needs help from another tall, either Reid, Schade or even Keeffe down there would help. As it is we might get a win against WCE on the MCG next week to make it two in a row before we fall in a heap again against better teams.

We are going nowhere as a football team until we get a coach like an Alan Richardson, or a Ken Hinkley, who will read the riot act out to the players and restructure the team with a spine of genuine KPP's and a style of football which relies on quick movement and a degree of flair and risky football, rather than the bland formulaic football that we currently play.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:50 pm

FFS I'm with Stui. We won an interstate game people's. I don't care where. cold toast are on the ladder, it's always been a hard game up there. I think we finally played our best forward line. Well done Pies!
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:54 pm

A win is a win.

JDG was very good through the middle and opened up quite an it of play with his vision and skills. Hopefully he is given the middle spot for the rest of the season.

Good games from most of the team although the same basic errors occur too much.
GC thankfully Didn't punish us as much as others have.

Fascinating game next week. We are ordinary whilst WCE are ordinary away from Perth.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:58 pm

We won, but as some put it, against a side that were two down. How many times in the last few years has that been our situation and worse.

Take the chances when the come.

Terrible conditions but the forward line did look dangerous without Elliott having to do all the work.

Pendles seemed to be carrying his right arm!

Blair playing with no confidence, should have been a game for him.

Adams was much better this week.

A win is a win we'll take it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:08 pm

I thought we looked very good until the rain came, then fell apart as they were harder at it. We really need a few mongrel players who are big bodied and strong at the footy in clearance situations. Treloar, Varcoe, Pendlebury, Wells are good players but not ball-wrenchers. DeGoey might be, but I didn't think he and Adams were able to assert themselves today once the rain came.

The big difference in the first half, prior to the rain, was one D Wells. His class in finishing brought us at least four goals, before he faded as the rain and "first-game-back" fatigue took their toll.

Still, credit to the boys for a hard fought win in difficult conditions. It was not an easy game under the driving rain, and I'm always happy with a Collingwood victory.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Geez some poor comments in this thread.

We won the game FFS. That's what the team is supposed to do.

Scrappy, yes, but away from home after several losses in a row. A win is a win.

I'm happy.

Yeah great, and when the best KPP forward is taken one pick before us I guess winning this game was worth it.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:23 pm

A gutsy win Cool

Now lets sit back, watch freo ruffle the wet toast and back it up with another win next week.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:32 pm

melliot wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Geez some poor comments in this thread.

We won the game FFS. That's what the team is supposed to do.

Scrappy, yes, but away from home after several losses in a row. A win is a win.

I'm happy.

The thing is that we play yuk footy. We aren't going anywhere unless we start playing solid footy. Then get that up to good footy standard.

Otherwise we will stay where we are. Which is loser town in the bottom 6.

truth, unfortunately,

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Just a game, nothing much to see here. Good to get a win but was a pretty uninspiring game. The conditions were atrocious so it was always going to be a mess. We kept Gazza to under 50 possessions which was a positive. They lost a couple of players which probably saved us in the last qtr as they clearly hit the wall. We got a win and it saves us from a week of more media bashing which is good coz I need a break from it. But, the performance was nothing to hang our hats on that's for sure.

MONCO: Your life.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Do you mean you and me have?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:30 am

Victory at last, a win sure makes a great change. I guess a few of the Deploreables on here are not happy with a win, but they can wallow in their own self pity. I love this Club, and I will take this win and run with it. Now maybe we can make a right nuisance of ourselves, for other finals teams, shape the eight. I really think Kirby should come in next week, we must play him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 am

Why now? How?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 am

I must be missing something, everyone is raving about Darcy Moore for kicking 2 goals, 1 of which was in the last second when the game was over? Maybe he got a lot of it? Nope, 9 touches for the day, must have been the greatest 9 possession game of all time...

On the positive side, Buckley being out tanked by Eade at least means I can wear my Collingwood jumper to training this week!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:57 am

Nice to experience that winning feeling again.

It was no doubt an ugly spectacle, but we were the better team at the start and at the end as opposed to the Suns who dominated the second and third quarters where the wet conditions set in and we didn't cope with it initially. Luckily for us, the injuries of May and Lyons benefited us greatly.

Positive games from various players which included Sidebottom, Adams, De Goey, Treloar, Scharenberg and Goldsack. There's a lot of work to be done, and I don't think anyone's views of the club would have been altered by this game alone, but it's nice to experience a victory after a 4 match losing streak.

This wasn't an issue on Nicks, but I thought it was disgraceful to see so-called Collingwood supporters on BigFooty openly barracking for the Suns to win today. It's one thing to be critical of various facets of the club, which is fine and perfectly reasonable as I've been critical as much as the next supporter, but to openly advocate for a loss is nothing short of disgraceful.

Looking forward to hopefully a more peaceful week ahead without the media ambulance chasing us for a story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: