Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dual Citizenship Crisis - s 44(i)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was actually really nervous, and when I got there a guy had just failed, and the supervisor was telling him he had to go back outside and get permission to retry it! I sat down did the test in about 5 min and then Pushed submit, and the pc crashed! The supervisor says “oh sorry, it’s playing up a bit, you will have to do it again”. So I get another seat he sets it up, takes me 4 min all different questions, and I push submit and bang, 100%! He says well done, for passing it, probably twice! Meanwhile all the people there before me are still going! I’m really glad I studied!

Great day, had lunch with the eldest, man her office is swish! Then did some shopping. And I’m an Aussie, yes I’m an Aussie, yes I am! - until the cricket comes on!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well done.

next test, a pie fresh from the bakers oven washed down with a stubbie at 8am Razz Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Congratulations, TP. You're half-way to being Prime Minister. Just one small citizenship to lose....

Here's a song for you to celebrate with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3beK367tA
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:45 pm

^

Yeah nah. I think TP would appreciate this more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdL3rwIYH0

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 pm

5:0 - this is good score in soccer, is not it?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Congrats, TP!

By the way, the Cosmopolitan Seven are finally having their day(s) in court next week. The government is arguing for only those politicians who knew they were born overseas (Scott Ludlam and Malcolm Roberts) to be declared ineligible, while those Australian-born (or born to Australian parents) politicians who acquired citizenship supposedly without their knowledge (Larissa Waters, Nick Xenophon, Fiona Nash, Matt Canavan and Bananaby) should not be seen to have fallen foul of electoral law. That might sound like common sense, but there’s actually little basis in either the constitutional section as written or legal precedent for such a distinction to be made. Roberts to me is the only one who clearly doesn’t have a leg to stand on; the rest have varying circumstances, from the seemingly very unlucky (Xenophon, Joyce) to those whose stories seem a little more questionable (Ludlam, Canavan). According to precedent, they’re all out on their arses.

Personally, I’m conflicted. While I’d love to see the government lose its majority and for unpleasant types like Roberts and Canavan to (at least temporarily) get their marching orders, I also despise this law and think that any softening in its interpretation would only be a good thing (the next best thing would be if all the parliamentary carnage resulted in some actual political will to get the law off the books altogether, but that seems somewhat less likely).

There’s one hypothetical I haven’t seen dealt with in all of this: we know that if the senators are found to be ineligible, there will be a recount and they’ll almost certainly be replaced by the next party member on the ticket. In some cases, that person may decide to do the nice thing (or be given an offer they can’t refuse) and step aside so that the formerly ineligible politician can resume their seat. I can certainly see such a thing happening with Xenophon and the government ministers, and perhaps Roberts too (if Hanson isn’t sick of him). My question is: what effect does this have on the 6 year vs 3 year terms as a result of the double dissolution? Does everyone get bumped up one, or does, say, Xenophon’s replacement get a double term? Anyone know?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Congratulations, TP. You're half-way to being Prime Minister. Just one small citizenship to lose....

Here's a song for you to celebrate with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3beK367tA

Haha! Cheers

And at least there is no girt in it!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah nah. I think TP would appreciate this more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcdL3rwIYH0

Funny £$%$er!

Hey at least I swear like an Aussie!

I prefer this one

https://youtu.be/eobSMcB-nMA

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
5:0 - this is good score in soccer, is not it?

What’s soccer?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 am

David wrote:
Congrats, TP!

By the way, the Cosmopolitan Seven are finally having their day(s) in court next week. The government is arguing for only those politicians who knew they were born overseas (Scott Ludlam and Malcolm Roberts) to be declared ineligible, while those Australian-born (or born to Australian parents) politicians who acquired citizenship supposedly without their knowledge (Larissa Waters, Nick Xenophon, Fiona Nash, Matt Canavan and Bananaby) should not be seen to have fallen foul of electoral law. That might sound like common sense, but there’s actually little basis in either the constitutional section as written or legal precedent for such a distinction to be made. Roberts to me is the only one who clearly doesn’t have a leg to stand on; the rest have varying circumstances, from the seemingly very unlucky (Xenophon, Joyce) to those whose stories seem a little more questionable (Ludlam, Canavan). According to precedent, they’re all out on their arses.

Personally, I’m conflicted. While I’d love to see the government lose its majority and for unpleasant types like Roberts and Canavan to (at least temporarily) get their marching orders, I also despise this law and think that any softening in its interpretation would only be a good thing (the next best thing would be if all the parliamentary carnage resulted in some actual political will to get the law off the books altogether, but that seems somewhat less likely).

There’s one hypothetical I haven’t seen dealt with in all of this: we know that if the senators are found to be ineligible, there will be a recount and they’ll almost certainly be replaced by the next party member on the ticket. In some cases, that person may decide to do the nice thing (or be given an offer they can’t refuse) and step aside so that the formerly ineligible politician can resume their seat. I can certainly see such a thing happening with Xenophon and the government ministers, and perhaps Roberts too (if Hanson isn’t sick of him). My question is: what effect does this have on the 6 year vs 3 year terms as a result of the double dissolution? Does everyone get bumped up one, or does, say, Xenophon’s replacement get a double term? Anyone know?

Saw a couple of them in there today - they failed!

Probably this question:
What can taxes not be spent on

A. Poor people

B. Old people

C. Private houses and cars

They all put a or b

Or maybe:

In Australia Men and women are treated equally

David you would argue this test black and blue!

By the way since it wasn’t in the tests I did, just for your info in Australia there are 76 senators, 2 per territory, 12 per state, the Torres Strait islands flag is white blue black and green, and the current population is 24,000,000! And I still remember what SoaCahToa means!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 am

What does it look like?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Well, this is unexpected:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/06/nick-xenophon-resigns-from-senate-to-run-for-state-parliament

He mustn't have been feeling confident about winning the case. Not many instances of sitting federal MPs moving back to state politics of their own volition!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:12 pm

How about that. You don't say.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm

David wrote:
Well, this is unexpected:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/06/nick-xenophon-resigns-from-senate-to-run-for-state-parliament

He mustn't have been feeling confident about winning the case. Not many instances of sitting federal MPs moving back to state politics of their own volition!

Xenophon is preferred SA premier.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/politics/state/2017/10/18/leaked-poll-shows-surge-of-xenophon-support.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

The High Court tells me it is handing down these 7 judgments at 2.15 pm on Friday.

Quelle excitement!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23   

Jump to: