Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can the Club Confirm?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:18 pm
Post subject: Can the Club Confirm?Reply with quote

I, a long standing Pies member ask if the Club will confirm here on Nicks whether they have approached any current or former senior AFL coaches with a view to replacing or informing them that Buckley is to be replaced before Round 23? If so, were these coaches advised that they will be offered a 3 x 2 contract (performance based) if they are successful? Did one of these coaches ask if Eddie would see out the same term as President? We the fans deserve to be told.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. In Buck's presser today he confirmed Pert had spoken to the group and confirmed Bucks would see the next 7 weeks out.. So long as we get a proper selection process, I'm happy.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:42 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

I know all that! My sources tell me that things are happening behind the scenes at a frantic pace. In any case, my post merely asked some informed questions that demand answers for we the long suffering humble fans.
SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Hey Hiss, are your sources working a short list of candidates or is there to be "a process"... ?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 pm

LETS JUST concentrate all our efforts, on winning this week, give this coaching thing a deserved rest, might be a good idea. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
LETS JUST concentrate all our efforts, on winning this week, give this coaching thing a deserved rest, might be a good idea. !

Why the heck would we want to win this weekend? Honestly with the club needing a rebuild all kids should be playing. I'll be dissapointed if we win another2 games. That number two draft pick is a must to kickstart the rebuild.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi Hiss,

As a self nominated representative of the club, with absolutely no authority to speak on their behalf, I can confirm that we are doing lots of things behind the scenes. Most resemble running in ever diminishing circles, bumping into walls, making phone calls and general panic, but we're doing things.

i can also confirm that we will not confirm any rumours, correct or otherwise, nor will we deny them. basically, we won't tell you shit until we have something confirmed to tell everyone and we're finished with our deliberations and patting ourselves on the back for making yet another great decision.

And you can quote me on that.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm

That sounds like a plan. Aren't you usually honest?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 pm

All I can confirm is that Buckley was informed by Pert before today's training session that Buckley will remain coach until the end of the season. As far as Eddie goes he is overseas at the moment and has given every indication that he will see out his current 3 year term.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Haff wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Why the heck would we want to win this weekend? Honestly with the club needing a rebuild all kids should be playing. I'll be dissapointed if we win another2 games. That number two draft pick is a must to kickstart the rebuild.

Totally agree with Piesnchess. The coach, staff, players and club need to focus on winning this week. Be nice if the supporters did too.

As for Haff and all the others who want us to lose - that's very poor and un-Collingwood - no matter what the alleged benefits are.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 pm

As far as I am concerned we go out to win every week. A the same time I accept that the club needs to blood the younger players and get some games into them. I am ok with this providing it is not a veiled effort to lose.

You never giver up and you never go out to lose. To do either is a corruption at so many levels

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:06 pm
Post subject: Yes IndeedReply with quote

I just think we as members deserve answers as I am sick of these rumours and people coming up to me in the street and wanting to know whether we have a coaching succession plan. Questions deserve answers. As loyal paid up members, why should we suffer with a lack of information?

If we lose to the Gold Coast Suns as some on this site seem to want (i was shocked to read that) then surely that is enough to trigger the constitutional crisis meeting known as the emergency annual general meeting?

If the Club will not name the coaches they have been speaking to behind the scenes, then it is risking Hinch naming them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hi Hiss,

As a self nominated representative of the club, with absolutely no authority to speak on their behalf, I can confirm that we are doing lots of things behind the scenes. Most resemble running in ever diminishing circles, bumping into walls, making phone calls and general panic, but we're doing things.

i can also confirm that we will not confirm any rumours, correct or otherwise, nor will we deny them. basically, we won't tell you shit until we have something confirmed to tell everyone and we're finished with our deliberations and patting ourselves on the back for making yet another great decision.

And you can quote me on that.

That's a five star Mick answer!

themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 pm

C'mon Pies, why are you not informing the football public of every move you intend to make?

It's not enough to announce that Bucks is in till round 23, we wish to know more, we demand to be consulted.....oh the shame of not being able to answer the local nuff nuff in the street.

Really? 😩
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Haff wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Totally agree with Piesnchess. The coach, staff, players and club need to focus on winning this week. Be nice if the supporters did too.

As for Haff and all the others who want us to lose - that's very poor and un-Collingwood - no matter what the alleged benefits are.

Really? Win as many games as we can and finish higher, let's say with pick 6 and the best key forward goes at pick 5. What have we gained? Would much rather lose every game this year for success through te draft for future years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: