Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Greenwood one week

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm
Post subject: Greenwood one weekReply with quote

Probably a correct result under the rules, though where contact results from the aftershock of legitimate contact to the shoulder or the body, as in this case, the rules should allow no penalty. But I accept that the MEP have to apply the rules.

On the other hand, the Membrey hit on Grimes - a full scale forearm to the head resulting in Grimes being unable to play out the game, significant concussion and facial injury - resulted in a two weeks sanction. In the sinful seventies I suspect that incident would have got four weeks.

What a bloody joke, by comparison with Greenwood's result.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Greenwood one weekReply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Probably a correct result under the rules, though where contact results from the aftershock of legitimate contact to the shoulder or the body, as in this case, the rules should allow no penalty. But I accept that the MEP have to apply the rules.

On the other hand, the Membrey hit on Grimes - a full scale forearm to the head resulting in Grimes being unable to play out the game, significant concussion and facial injury - resulted in a two weeks sanction. In the sinful seventies I suspect that incident would have got four weeks.

Rocca missed a grand final for similar contact

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And in the weeks to follow watch somebody from another side [probably sniper Hodge] do the same thing, and walk away scot-free from Kangaroo Court...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 am

He'd be disappointed,

Missing a few days of sun

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:40 am

Mugwump wrote:

I thought one week was fair, but you're right, the Grimes incident should've been four.

I was worried for Greenwood given the concerted campaign by the drug cheating Essendon flogs to paint it as much worse than it was. David Zaharakis was on the Sunday footy show desperately trying to get Greenwood multiple weeks. He must've seen the footage a dozen times by then and known it was more accident than deliberately high. It seems cheating is a way of life down there.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:43 am

^ quite so, Redlight. One drug they should try is sodium Pentothal.
DT 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 am

Redlight wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I thought one week was fair, but you're right, the Grimes incident should've been four.

I was worried for Greenwood given the concerted campaign by the drug cheating Essendon flogs to paint it as much worse than it was. David Zaharakis was on the Sunday footy show desperately trying to get Greenwood multiple weeks. He must've seen the footage a dozen times by then and known it was more accident than deliberately high. It seems cheating is a way of life down there.

You should not put Zaharakis in with the others as he did not participate. He has good character. I agree that he and Fantasia should not have commented about Greenwood. I didn't hear the Tigers say anything about Membrey.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 am

So what were the Essendon players on about? You think Greenwood had just assassinated the queen of England. One game and that's it. How about the treatment of Pendlebury? That was disgraceful but doesn't even get a mention.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:13 am

It's probably a good thing, on balance - since it will almost certainly compel Wills' inclusion. Greenwood's a good, honest trier but he's no star. That said, I'm sorry to see him suspended.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:10 pm

One week is about right. It was not intentional but contact was made to the head. If he was judged by the acting at the time and the comments made by the Essendope players after the game he would be on death row.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: