Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where is the President? (now the new host of The Footy Show)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to know what you're getting into if you challenge Eddie. The board are Eddie appointees so if you roll Eddie, you also roll Eddie's board. So if you mount a challenge to Eddie, you would have to do it as a joint ticket which includes business people who have a financial background at running boards.

Also presidents aren't responsible for the on field performance of the team, only the financial side. Look at Jeff Kennett and Hawthorn. Do you want to have someone like Jeff Kennett running CFC? I don't. Think I prefer Eddie even though he acts like a benevolent dictator more than following a democratic process.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm

1970 wrote:
Piesnchess, you talk like this all the time, "if NO BASTARD has the balls to challenge him".

I've challenged him. It's no picnic let me tell you. It's not right to castigate people for not putting their head in that noose. There is plenty to fear and little to gain.

Peter Murphy was the last bloke to try and he was talked out of it. Then he got a job doing a review.

One individual can't get this job done. It will need some movement from a substantial group of social club members who are the only ones who can vote or call for an EGM. How many here are social club members? Very few is my educated guess.

I have heard from credible sources that Buckley is already signed for another 2-3 years so McGuire can see out his current term at the very least. Everything Ed is saying publicly now would support that.

Fair enough mate, but I think a decent challenge would have to come from someone with a pretty big public profile, no offence to you of course, but it has to come from someone like a big business honcho say, someone with footy connections, background, like Craig Kelly, for instance. Kelly is a very popular ex player, successful businessman, he could muster support against Eddie, if he so chose to do so. I reckon the members, many of them, would really go for Kelly if he ran, but that's the thing, HE has to chose to run. If not him,somebody like a ex politician, like Lindsay tanner, at the Dons, or even a well known media personality or Union official, it could be done, if enough members truly are fed up with eddie. Mate, I don't think there is any agreement with Bucks yet, he looks downright miserable at his Pressers, not just over the teams performance, and eddies body language tells me hes in a real quandary over this, hes between a rock and a real hard place, doesn't know what to do about Bucks yet. That's my take, but time will tell I guess. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Craig kelly would be ideal but won't.

He would either have to sell his business or get out of harms way.The media mongrels would all be baying for his blood from day one about conflict of interest.

What I would like to see is him shirtfront Slobbo at a presser.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 pm

“I’m actually, to be perfectly honest, in the most exciting phase of my career with what I’m doing at Collingwood and in AFL football,”

Anyone got any idea what the hell he is on about?

Are they adding some mayonnaise to the $50 Chicken Burgers ?
Adding a new level to the GlassHouse for his son's 18th birthday party ?

I guess there is a fair bit going down if they are going to hire 6 new Assistant Coaches, get a new CEO, cover up a review, blame the Jesse White and Jordan Russell decisions on Dekka, bring back Gubby and knock down Ethiad Stadium.

Maybe he would have more time if he stopped waging war against every journalist who thinks a succession plan might not be a bad idea.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Is it Walshy or Gubby in 2018 ?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:06 pm

He's scrambling mate, all good we love him.. but he should take the hint and stop putting his captains calls and school yard promises before the club.

Eddie needs to start towing the line and do what he actually should be doing as president, instead of directing the club in pursuit of his own personal fantasies, or he might find himself out of the top job!! It must be the club above all else, the club shall far out live us all and its out sacred duty to make sure this we hold this true above all else. It's our watch guys.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:12 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
“I’m actually, to be perfectly honest, in the most exciting phase of my career with what I’m doing at Collingwood and in AFL football,”

Yep, that is a strange thing to say.

Being CFC president is a honorary position but it is telling that here he has conflated it with his career in AFL football and I suppose the media in general.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm

1970 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Being CFC president is a honorary position but it is telling that here he has conflated it with his career in AFL football and I suppose the media in general.

Probably about to sign Bucks for the next 2 years Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:45 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
1970 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

My sources have confirmed this.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 pm

1970 wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
1970 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

My sources have confirmed this.

My sources are in the pantry, same place as Caro's...

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm

1970 wrote:
Piesnchess, you talk like this all the time, "if NO BASTARD has the balls to challenge him".

I've challenged him. It's no picnic let me tell you. It's not right to castigate people for not putting their head in that noose. There is plenty to fear and little to gain.

Peter Murphy was the last bloke to try and he was talked out of it. Then he got a job doing a review.

One individual can't get this job done. It will need some movement from a substantial group of social club members who are the only ones who can vote or call for an EGM. How many here are social club members? Very few is my educated guess.

I have heard from credible sources that Buckley is already signed for another 2-3 years so McGuire can see out his current term at the very least. Everything Ed is saying publicly now would support that.

We are basically a dictatorship under Ed now sadly and have a spineless board all to willing to keep drinking the Kool Aid he's offering.

This Murphy fella offered a ray of hope but he to has succumbed to the McGuire charm and has been placated.

For mine unless we win 5 of our remaining 6 games Buckley doesn't deserve another contract after the steady decline over the last 3 seasons 16 rounds and if he does receive one then McGuire can GAGF as he no longer represents the Collingwood I love.

Since when did our supporter base become so apathetic accepting mediocrity from our side?

We might struggle to win them since 1970 but we've still played in far more grand finals than anyone across our history because until now we haven't.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:39 pm

The slobbo article in the hun yesterday summed things up pretty well. While he acknowledged the good work he's done between 99-2010 he also said that McGuire should walk if Buckley goes and that he is the reason we're in the predicament we're in and have declined on and off the field since 2011.

We're stale on and off the field and our club is being run by a one man band. Everyone sings to the tune of Ed and no one dares to question of challenge him. We're on a downward spiral and it's plain to see.

It's hard to argue against slobbo and he basically sums up what many of us are feeling and that ed needs to go. 5 DoCs in 6 years!! talk about stability. He screwed over balme by bringing back his mate grubby and we all know how that ended, he essentially ousted MM so that he could install Bucks as coach and this was to ensure that he wouldn't run off to north. He often draws unwanted and unnecessary attention to the club by insulting and offending people, the list goes on.

19 years is far too long for one person to remain president but he keeps on keeping on. He's an autocratic dictator and rules with an iron fist. I suspect that no one dares to challenge him out of fear and not because he's the best man for the job. He represents a bygone era and we don't need his type anymore.

We need a new board with new ideas and a fresh perspective. We're old and stale. The buckley fiasco begins and ends with eddie mcguire. If buckley goes then eddie goes. It's as simple as that really and the longer he drags things out the more unrest and instability it creates. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he brings back yet another mate to coach and makes another captains call without following the proper processes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:15 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
The slobbo article in the hun yesterday summed things up pretty well. While he acknowledged the good work he's done between 99-2010 he also said that McGuire should walk if Buckley goes and that he is the reason we're in the predicament we're in and have declined on and off the field since 2011.

We're stale on and off the field and our club is being run by a one man band. Everyone sings to the tune of Ed and no one dares to question of challenge him. We're on a downward spiral and it's plain to see.

It's hard to argue against slobbo and he basically sums up what many of us are feeling and that ed needs to go. 5 DoCs in 6 years!! talk about stability. He screwed over balme by bringing back his mate grubby and we all know how that ended, he essentially ousted MM so that he could install Bucks as coach and this was to ensure that he wouldn't run off to north. He often draws unwanted and unnecessary attention to the club by insulting and offending people, the list goes on.

19 years is far too long for one person to remain president but he keeps on keeping on. He's an autocratic dictator and rules with an iron fist. I suspect that no one dares to challenge him out of fear and not because he's the best man for the job. He represents a bygone era and we don't need his type anymore.

We need a new board with new ideas and a fresh perspective. We're old and stale. The buckley fiasco begins and ends with eddie mcguire. If buckley goes then eddie goes. It's as simple as that really and the longer he drags things out the more unrest and instability it creates. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he brings back yet another mate to coach and makes another captains call without following the proper processes.

You write like there is another board waiting in the wings. There isn't. There is a mountain of work to do to even provide an alternative with a fresh perspective. This was always going to be the danger of nodding like lemmings for years on end: when the time comes for change you actually have no alternative.

Buckley will be coach next year and Ed will be president. Face facts. What are you going to do? Get all the social club members who eligible to vote to exercise their democratic rights? It's been so long, they have forgotten how to do it. As TISM once said "If you want the toilet, you're in it!".

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 pm

1970 wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

You write like there is another board waiting in the wings. There isn't. There is a mountain of work to do to even provide an alternative with a fresh perspective. This was always going to be the danger of nodding like lemmings for years on end: when the time comes for change you actually have no alternative.

Buckley will be coach next year and Ed will be president. Face facts. What are you going to do? Get all the social club members who eligible to vote to exercise their democratic rights? It's been so long, they have forgotten how to do it. As TISM once said "If you want the toilet, you're in it!".

I hear what you're saying and it's pretty much reflective of the Australian attitude generally and the society we live in where we're happy to accept mediocrity and the status quo. To go with the flow and throw our hands in the air and say 'Oh what can I do'. "Oh it's too hard'. Then we whinge because we didn't get what we wanted. No! we didn't get what we wanted because we didn't fight hard enough! Oh how I love EBA time.

We could start by voting with our feet. Stop buying merchandise and memberships. Stop going to games. If it means getting the social club members need to vote then why not, let's put something into action. We're all paid up members. It's our club too and instead of shaking our fists internally and typing out our frustrations let's bloody well do something to make a change.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Follow the white rabbit my friend... or the link at the foot of this post! There is movement at the station.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: