Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where is the President? (now the new host of The Footy Show)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:
It wouldn't be a hard debate to win. If you take away McGuire's bluff and bluster his only argument can be that his coaching handover has been an unmitigated disaster and he's too pig-headed to admit it or take responsibility.

His argument is actually that the coverage and discussions around Buckley are bordering on hysteria and have been for some time. He's right. The press have a job to do, but the constant requirement for new material drives an avalanche of ever more strident claims.

The sensible thing to do is see the year out, evaluate the performance of the club as a whole and then act on evidence, rather than emotion and pressure from the press.

Please send a link to the 'bordering on hysterical' article
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:56 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:
It wouldn't be a hard debate to win. If you take away McGuire's bluff and bluster his only argument can be that his coaching handover has been an unmitigated disaster and he's too pig-headed to admit it or take responsibility.

His argument is actually that the coverage and discussions around Buckley are bordering on hysteria and have been for some time. He's right. The press have a job to do, but the constant requirement for new material drives an avalanche of ever more strident claims.

The sensible thing to do is see the year out, evaluate the performance of the club as a whole and then act on evidence, rather than emotion and pressure from the press.

Please send a link to the 'bordering on hysterical' article

He did say that, but, he's wrong... sooo very wrong, Bucks has been a dud from day one, his improvement is marginal at best even though the 'facts' i.e the results point otherwise - there is nothing bordering on hysteria by demanding that something that should have happened at least 3 years ago happens now in 2017.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Ed and Bucks are both great Media performers, neither is a good coach...

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
I have sometimes been called a bitch, but not a salivating dog. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Simpson's quote. Try not to take it too seriously.

Heard quite a few rumours at the VFL the other day.

The fact is, in the past, Collingwood members just wouldn't have copped being dictated to under these circumstances.

The club bears very little resemblance to what it once was.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
Maybe we can can do a swap. We give Eddies son to Sutherland and Cricket Australia - as they needs players due to the current pay dispute. In return we get Sutherlands kid and still keep our first draft pick

Sutherland the scumbag's kid has chosen Cricket over AFL. We need to look elsewhere for a draft KPP. As for a ransom swap...

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Will Sutherland was always going to pick cricket.
AFL Vic was just hoping to change his mind by picking him in the Vic Metro side for the U18 championships.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:31 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Ed and Bucks are both great Media performers, neither is a good coach...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

1970 wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
I have sometimes been called a bitch, but not a salivating dog. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Simpson's quote. Try not to take it too seriously.

Heard quite a few rumours at the VFL the other day.

The fact is, in the past, Collingwood members just wouldn't have copped being dictated to under these circumstances.

The club bears very little resemblance to what it once was.

Mate, from what ive read about him, the late Frank Wraith, our CEO back in the 1930s 40s, was pretty much a dictator, even scared McHale. He once told the Geelong President to bugger off, post game, after a loss to the Cats, at Vic Park, when the Cats president tried to come into our social club for a post game drink. ! Lou Richards told that story, Wraith was a tyrant, ruled with an iron fist. Don't think eddie can match him. LOL Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:
After watching McGuire's embarrassing performance on Fox Footy tonight it's clear he isn't capable of making the decision to get rid of Buckley. Six consecutive years of gong backwards, blowing up a premiership side and no signs whatsoever that he's got the ability to turn things around and according to Eddie, Buckley's future is still dependent on the last seven games. Ludicrous.
He can't coach and if he is still coaching next year there are five memberships in my family that won't be purchased next year.

I read your comment earlier, then actually saw McGuire on Fox Footy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-hysteria-around-nathan-buckleys-future-defends-collingwood-coach/news-story/d95a82483cc2e40f2951c24ebcc16ab5

He was strong, direct, addressed the issues front on and embarrassed Jono Brown in the process.

'Embarrasing'? I think you mean that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Those are very different things, by the way. I'd love to see you debate your position with McGuire directly.

Eddie was embarrassing.
Spent the whole time avoiding the issue and slamming journalists, particularly Caroline Wilson.
You can see where Bucks gets it from, and it's not good enough.
Seems like the whole senior management is angry at the world.
Let's hope Nathan resigns asap.
I'm very worried Roos is simply going to be the next captain's call, and his main agenda will be to prolong Ed's power.
This club currently has flies all over it.

You'd boo Eddie if he was dressed as Santa Claus. You marked his card years ago and there's nothing new in your comments or thinking.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 pm

dalyc wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:
After watching McGuire's embarrassing performance on Fox Footy tonight it's clear he isn't capable of making the decision to get rid of Buckley. Six consecutive years of gong backwards, blowing up a premiership side and no signs whatsoever that he's got the ability to turn things around and according to Eddie, Buckley's future is still dependent on the last seven games. Ludicrous.
He can't coach and if he is still coaching next year there are five memberships in my family that won't be purchased next year.

I read your comment earlier, then actually saw McGuire on Fox Footy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-hysteria-around-nathan-buckleys-future-defends-collingwood-coach/news-story/d95a82483cc2e40f2951c24ebcc16ab5

He was strong, direct, addressed the issues front on and embarrassed Jono Brown in the process.

'Embarrasing'? I think you mean that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Those are very different things, by the way. I'd love to see you debate your position with McGuire directly.

Eddie was embarrassing.
Spent the whole time avoiding the issue and slamming journalists, particularly Caroline Wilson.
You can see where Bucks gets it from, and it's not good enough.
Seems like the whole senior management is angry at the world.
Let's hope Nathan resigns asap.
I'm very worried Roos is simply going to be the next captain's call, and his main agenda will be to prolong Ed's power.
This club currently has flies all over it.

You'd boo Eddie if he was dressed as Santa Claus. You marked his card years ago and there's nothing new in your comments or thinking.

Really ??
Please post a link to the post from years ago where I marked his card.

I was interviewed at training by Chompers about 12 months ago and cautiously defended him.
You, my limited friend, and my other critics are, again, completely inaccurate.

My developing contempt for Eddie is recent and directed at the board.
My hope is that someone there will develop a spine.
It is time the insanity of this Maguire/Pert/Buckley stranglehold is broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:30 pm

The bell is ringing. It's dinner time.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-wants-to-lead-collingwood-out-of-tough-times/news-story/11dd4b9a835cedd912de26c21ef8915c

"McGuire pleaded for commentators to move on from pinpointing the clubs coaching succession plan as a key moment behind the clubs recent demise."

Doc63 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:48 pm

1970 wrote:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-wants-to-lead-collingwood-out-of-tough-times/news-story/11dd4b9a835cedd912de26c21ef8915c

"McGuire pleaded for commentators to move on from pinpointing the clubs coaching succession plan as a key moment behind the clubs recent demise."

God help us all!

I have a sinking feeling that Eddie & Buckley will still be there next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Buckley is given a 2-3 year contract.

All of the assistants, other than Sanderson, will get the flick. Not sure about Pert & Walsh.

More of the same unwatchable rubbish coming up.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Doc63 wrote:
1970 wrote:

God help us all!

I have a sinking feeling that Eddie & Buckley will still be there next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Buckley is given a 2-3 year contract.

All of the assistants, other than Sanderson, will get the flick. Not sure about Pert & Walsh.

More of the same unwatchable rubbish coming up.

I reckon even eddie will be wary of any long term contract again. If he does stick with Bucks, I think it will be for one season only, then reviewed again. Ed has had his fingers burnt by this episode, don't reckon hed go for any long extension for the coach. I can only really see Bucks being re appointed only if we win at least four out of our last remaining games, I cannot see him surviving if we don't at least do that. As for Ed, it marvels me how people on here whinge about him lingering on, face facts, as I have said ad infinitum, if NO BASTARD has the balls to challenge him, at the AGM etc, if no one has the guts, then of course, he can go merrily on his way,for as long as he likes, no body has the guts to go against him, what the hell do folks expect ?? Unreal some on here, unreal. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Piesnchess, you talk like this all the time, "if NO BASTARD has the balls to challenge him".

I've challenged him. It's no picnic let me tell you. It's not right to castigate people for not putting their head in that noose. There is plenty to fear and little to gain.

Peter Murphy was the last bloke to try and he was talked out of it. Then he got a job doing a review.

One individual can't get this job done. It will need some movement from a substantial group of social club members who are the only ones who can vote or call for an EGM. How many here are social club members? Very few is my educated guess.

I have heard from credible sources that Buckley is already signed for another 2-3 years so McGuire can see out his current term at the very least. Everything Ed is saying publicly now would support that.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:00 pm

I seriously doubt Buckley would be given a 2-3 year contract,when he was only given a grudging one year extension last year,and the results have only got worse since then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: