Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where is the President? (now the new host of The Footy Show)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sometimes been called a bitch, but not a salivating dog. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 pm

From the Eduardo's mouth: Bucks there till seasons end.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-14/pies-wont-do-wrong-thing-by-buckley-mcguire
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
You could go during the finals...

Now I am a staunch Bucks and Ed supporter but this is a very funny, very witty remark. Nice Smile

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:28 am
Post subject: Where is the President you may askReply with quote

Eddie is back stating "Nathan would never do the wrong thing by the club and we won't do the wrong thing by Nathan"

What he means anyone's guess

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:35 am

Rhetoric Eddy
CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 am

After watching McGuire's embarrassing performance on Fox Footy tonight it's clear he isn't capable of making the decision to get rid of Buckley. Six consecutive years of gong backwards, blowing up a premiership side and no signs whatsoever that he's got the ability to turn things around and according to Eddie, Buckley's future is still dependent on the last seven games. Ludicrous.
He can't coach and if he is still coaching next year there are five memberships in my family that won't be purchased next year.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 am

Quote:
no decision would be made until after the club review was complete.

He described speculation on Buckley's future as hysterical and reaffirmed the message club CEO Gary Pert gave to the players before training on Tuesday morning.

"There will be no announcement, no move, one way or the other on Nathan Buckley until the end of Collingwood's season," McGuire said.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. The club need s a steady hand, now more than ever.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:56 am

CootaPie wrote:
After watching McGuire's embarrassing performance on Fox Footy tonight it's clear he isn't capable of making the decision to get rid of Buckley. Six consecutive years of gong backwards, blowing up a premiership side and no signs whatsoever that he's got the ability to turn things around and according to Eddie, Buckley's future is still dependent on the last seven games. Ludicrous.
He can't coach and if he is still coaching next year there are five memberships in my family that won't be purchased next year.

I read your comment earlier, then actually saw McGuire on Fox Footy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-hysteria-around-nathan-buckleys-future-defends-collingwood-coach/news-story/d95a82483cc2e40f2951c24ebcc16ab5

He was strong, direct, addressed the issues front on and embarrassed Jono Brown in the process.

'Embarrasing'? I think you mean that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Those are very different things, by the way. I'd love to see you debate your position with McGuire directly.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:35 am

Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-hysteria-around-nathan-buckleys-future-defends-collingwood-coach/news-story/d95a82483cc2e40f2951c24ebcc16ab5

He was strong, direct, addressed the issues front on and embarrassed Jono Brown in the process.

'Embarrasing'? I think you mean that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Those are very different things, by the way. I'd love to see you debate your position with McGuire directly.

Eddie was embarrassing.
Spent the whole time avoiding the issue and slamming journalists, particularly Caroline Wilson.
You can see where Bucks gets it from, and it's not good enough.
Seems like the whole senior management is angry at the world.
Let's hope Nathan resigns asap.
I'm very worried Roos is simply going to be the next captain's call, and his main agenda will be to prolong Ed's power.
This club currently has flies all over it.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:58 am

I don't think he was embarrassing, be he is most certainly strong willed.

It appeared, at least to me, that he is trying to follow his own personal code of honor. He's obviously promised Buckley a specific criteria that he must pass in order to continue on next year and he's sticking to it no matter what (because if it isn't that, then he is actually insane, by definition).

I suspect finishing 11th or higher on the ladder at the end of the season is this criteria.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:03 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

It appeared, at least to me, that he is trying to follow his own personal code of honor. He's obviously promised Buckley a specific criteria that he must pass in order to continue on next year and he's sticking to it no matter what (because if it isn't that, then he is actually insane, by definition).

I suspect finishing 11th or higher on the ladder at the end of the season is this criteria.

You may be right but it is not his job to go around personally promising things.
The Collingwood FC should not be about Eddie Maguire and his private promises to his buddies.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

You may be right but it is not his job to go around personally promising things.
The Collingwood FC should not be about Eddie Maguire and his private promises to his buddies.

And there in lies the problem. We as a club have lost ourselves, its 44 BC all over again.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:08 am

CootaPie wrote:

For a start, let me say that I don't object to the club stating that Buckley will coach the last 7 games and they will then make a decision. That could be code for many different outcomes. If I was a board member though my view would already be decided. After 286 weeks as coach, I am not going to see anything in the next 7 weeks to change my opinion.At season's end, thank you very much, we understand that you have done your best, goodbye.

The thing that really irritates me though is that as much as Eddie seems to think it is his club and his board, it isn't. He is merely the president. The job of the president is to chair the board meetings, not to poke your nose in front of the media to provide your opinion on every matter relating to the club. I understand why this isn't the case in the AFL though, where a presidency is normally sought to promote personal business interests or the individuals delusion of grandeur.

Gary Pert is tasked with the job of being the public face of the club, not Eddie. I am surprised that Pert has lasted so long, and has been prepared to accept a president constantly overstepping his authority and interfering with Pert's duties.

There was no need for Eddie to even give a press conference, other than to stoke his own ego to show everyone how important he was. It had already been said by Pert.

I don't know whether or not Eddie felt obliged to come out and say what he did because of a personal reason which is that he gave a personal undertaking to Buckley about coaching out the rest of the season. I assume that he did. If he did, he didn't have the authority to do that. That's part of the problem when people are with an organisation for too long. They believe that it is theirs to do with as they want. This is the reasons why many public positions, including the US presidency, limit the incumbent to two terms. It's a pity the club's founders didn't have the wisdom to see that.
CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:31 am

Redlight wrote:
CootaPie wrote:

It wouldn't be a hard debate to win. If you take away McGuire's bluff and bluster his only argument can be that his coaching handover has been an unmitigated disaster and he's too pig-headed to admit it or take responsibility.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:39 pm

CootaPie wrote:
It wouldn't be a hard debate to win. If you take away McGuire's bluff and bluster his only argument can be that his coaching handover has been an unmitigated disaster and he's too pig-headed to admit it or take responsibility.

His argument is actually that the coverage and discussions around Buckley are bordering on hysteria and have been for some time. He's right. The press have a job to do, but the constant requirement for new material drives an avalanche of ever more strident claims.

The sensible thing to do is see the year out, evaluate the performance of the club as a whole and then act on evidence, rather than emotion and pressure from the press.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: