Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where is the President? (now the new host of The Footy Show)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm
Post subject: Re: Where is the President!Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
That is right.
Good old Ed is off sunnying himself and his family in good old Europe.
Went there last year during the footy season and he is there again this year.
Mate, if you want to be President of this great club, it is about time you took your holidays with the rest of us supporters ....in the off season.
The Club is a basket club now and where is the leadership????
If you want to be President of this great club....then get back in the trenches with the rest of us and not on extended RandR.

Right on! The kitchen is obviously a bit too hot for mcliar at the moment, hence the reason why he's cleared off on a mid year jaunt around europe. He needs to be replaced asap.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Leggie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Collingwood officials met after our loss to Essendon --wonder if they had a phone link up with Prez

Dont they meet regularly.?

Once a month, I believe. Even then, not all the board rocks up.

Yes I noticed that when I read the annual statement.
In fact I was little shocked at the lack of attendance.

I have no doubt the board are balls deep in discussion, not only in their regular monthly meeting but a little bit more frequently, given the teams performance and that of our coaching panel.

It would be ludicrous to think they are leaving it to the end of the season to make any plans about next year and past that. Planning will be underway and the decision will be made at a time that best suits the Club. If a new coach is to be appointed, wouldn't he (or hell who knows, she) want to get a look at the team very very early on?
I rekpn Eddies holidays arent very relaxing at the minute. Talks are underway.

Anyhoo, thats just my opinion.

Go Pies

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Does a new coach?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Didn't show up to the first women's game due to Danny Green related 'work commitments', takes a overseas holiday in the middle of the biggest season we have had since 2011 (coaches job on the line, no finals in 3 years), consistently talking crap about anything and everyone of the radio..... surely these are things we can do without?

I mean if that's the way we expect a pres to act, then by all means, lets continue along the way we are going, I mean its hard to argue with results isn't it?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:47 pm

AS far as I am aware of, the President is in the White House, making an absolute goose of himself on Twitter, and wrestling with CNN journalists. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Being a Gutless Wonder in Eurpoe
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
More to the point,where has Caroline Wilson been the past month?I've missed the old bag-well,sort of.....

Back Now. She be Full Force on Footy Classfieds Tonight getting Stuck into Eddie Twisted Evil

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Didn't show up to the first women's game due to Danny Green related 'work commitments', takes a overseas holiday in the middle of the biggest season we have had since 2011 (coaches job on the line, no finals in 3 years), consistently talking crap about anything and everyone of the radio..... surely these are things we can do without?

I mean if that's the way we expect a pres to act, then by all means, lets continue along the way we are going, I mean its hard to argue with results isn't it?

Like Bucks. Sooner Ed Goes the Better

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Have to agree with the OP on this one. For the duration of the 22 rounds of the home & away, plus the bye week and finals series, basically the entire AFL season, the President should be at the club on active duty. It is mostly a perception issue than anything else. We are hurting badly enduring our worst season since 1999 and our President is living it up in Europe somewhere, seriously though WTF? It is a bad look and does nothing to lift the spirits of the decaying supporter group and I wonder if the players and coaches are also silently unimpressed. And I say silently because nobody would have the balls to face up to Ed. Not great but probably symptomatic of the entitled, free-wheeling & laconic attitude the powers that be at the CFC have displayed over the last few years. Their decision making in recent times has been loose to say the least.

MONCO: Your life.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:08 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:

That's Harsh!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Dave... Eddie is going no where. You can take that to the bank.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Have to agree with the OP on this one. For the duration of the 22 rounds of the home & away, plus the bye week and finals series, basically the entire AFL season, the President should be at the club on active duty. It is mostly a perception issue than anything else. We are hurting badly enduring our worst season since 1999 and our President is living it up in Europe somewhere, seriously though WTF? It is a bad look and does nothing to lift the spirits of the decaying supporter group and I wonder if the players and coaches are also silently unimpressed. And I say silently because nobody would have the balls to face up to Ed. Not great but probably symptomatic of the entitled, free-wheeling & laconic attitude the powers that be at the CFC have displayed over the last few years. Their decision making in recent times has been loose to say the least.

I have to disagree.

President of the club is an unpaid role. Eddie is as entitled as anyone else to take a holiday, I don't see any reason why he should have to wait until the season ends, it's only 2 weeks FFS and he's available on the phone if they need to speak to him.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 am

stui magpie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

I have to disagree.

President of the club is an unpaid role. Eddie is as entitled as anyone else to take a holiday, I don't see any reason why he should have to wait until the season ends, it's only 2 weeks FFS and he's available on the phone if they need to speak to him.

I understand the role is unpaid and we have telephones, but I just think that for the 6 months of the footy season a club President should just simply be here doing his job. He has the other 6 months of the year to travel. Perception is reality and it isn't a good look for the President to be holidaying while the club is under so much pressure. He should be here doing a PR job keeping everything under control.

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

I have to disagree.

I understand the role is unpaid and we have telephones, but I just think that for the 6 months of the footy season a club President should just simply be here doing his job. He has the other 6 months of the year to travel. Perception is reality and it isn't a good look for the President to be holidaying while the club is under so much pressure. He should be here doing a PR job keeping everything under control.

Agree with Monco Matt here; the official AFL down-time is over the summer, same for his media commitments as well, as the majority of the summer is a non-ratings period. Eddie has been over committing himself for years as it is.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

A "gutless wonder" Dave?

Unless that's a witty response to his recent weight loss, I'd invite you to put that to man himself.

After all, only a gutless wonder would say something on the interwebs that they wouldn't say to someone's face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: