Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I hate Collingwood Dictators

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having a go at any particular poster here (because, except for a couple of posters, I literally couldn't remember who says what even if I tried). I like the debates on this forum, even on the more heated issues. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and it is valuable to have them discussed here.

What I don't like, and what I think some of the other posters don't like, are posts along the lines of "sack buckley, sack eddie, sack the board, sack hine and the recruiting department and get rid of half the playing list immediately", and which usually make some fairly harsh comments/name calling at individual players in the meantime. It's not at all constructive, and if anything only increases the pressure on the club and the players.

I get the sense that some of the people who post like ^ actually enjoy the drama surrounding the club, as it gives them something to complain about. I can understand why some posters feel posters like that aren't real supporters, because you expect a supporter to support a club, not tear it down.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Jpies wrote:
I'm not having a go at any particular poster here (because, except for a couple of posters, I literally couldn't remember who says what even if I tried). I like the debates on this forum, even on the more heated issues. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and it is valuable to have them discussed here.

What I don't like, and what I think some of the other posters don't like, are posts along the lines of "sack buckley, sack eddie, sack the board, sack hine and the recruiting department and get rid of half the playing list immediately", and which usually make some fairly harsh comments/name calling at individual players in the meantime. It's not at all constructive, and if anything only increases the pressure on the club and the players.

I get the sense that some of the people who post like ^ actually enjoy the drama surrounding the club, as it gives them something to complain about. I can understand why some posters feel posters like that aren't real supporters, because you expect a supporter to support a club, not tear it down.

Well said.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Jpies wrote:

Really?

So what do you make of supporters who call for the re-contracting of a coach who has regressed each and every year for the past 6?

What do you think of supporters who cry out for the club not to recruit Chris Mayne?

We expect a real club to not tear itself down.
We expect supporters to stand up to a club that is not performing and encourage change, to provide options for a new direction.

I'm with DTM.
Some of our so called supporters who want others to back off those who have held the reigns, and sent this club into an unprecedented death spiral,make me sick.

Did you know DTM use to be an adamant supporter of Bucks.
Do you know TP used to be the same.

My respect is with these supporters who turn up, have seen the light, and it makes them sick what has happened to our club.

Did you know this thread was locked at 2am this morning, whilst the oppositely themed 'Sick of The Sooks' thread remained open?

The hypocrisy of those crying to back off the club is overwhelming.
You will notice that the majority of these don't go to support the boys at all, or as much as they used to.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:32 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Did you know this thread was locked at 2am this morning, whilst the oppositely themed 'Sick of The Sooks' thread remained open?

You will notice that the majority of these don't go to support the boys at all, or as much as they used to.

I admire your passion, but you're making statements of fact about things that are either not true, or that you have no evidence for. For instance, both threads were locked, then unlocked, at approximately the same time.

What are the examples of 'overwhelming hypocrisy'? What's the evidence to suggest that those same posters 'don't go to support the boys'?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Redlight wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I admire your passion, but you're making statements of fact about things that are either not true, or that you have no evidence for. For instance, both threads were locked, then unlocked, at approximately the same time.

What are the examples of 'overwhelming hypocrisy'? What's the evidence to suggest that those same posters 'don't go to support the boys'?

You don't like messy things do you Redlight?
Must annoy you that certain posters rant and rave and you remain calm but when you look around the friggin wheels keep falling off.
As I keep saying Redlight....come and join the dark side...I am waiting!

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 pm

OK

I could ask u where is the evidence, where my eyes saw one locked and one not, but I'll take your word for it on the timing of the thread locking.
That would have been one example of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy I refer to is that those asking for respect for Bucks and posting supporters, are often the same people who tried to tear 35Forever a new one for his views in 2014.

Evidence of those who bang on about supporting Buckley but don't go would be Piesnchess, who admits he was been to 2 games in 2 years.
There may well be other reasons for this.

My evidence would be the fact that the Posnford Stand is 33% full the last two years, and the fact that when I speak to others at the game I don't come across anyone who is supporting the coach.
The game day thread and one off posters are full of disdain toward the coach, where it is the regulars here who are the most prolific in support.

I never wanted to start an attendance pissing contest but now that you challenged, and you would be in the top 6 of those who support Bucks, let's start with you.
What's your attendance behaviour over the last 10 years?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
OK

I could ask u where is the evidence, where my eyes saw one locked and one not, but I'll take your word for it on the timing of the thread locking.
That would have been one example of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy I refer to is that those asking for respect for Bucks and posting supporters, are often the same people who tried to tear 35Forever a new one for his views in 2014.

Evidence of those who bang on about supporting Buckley but don't go would be Piesnchess, who admits he was been to 2 games in 2 years.
There may well be other reasons for this.

My evidence would be the fact that the Posnford Stand is 33% full the last two years, and the fact that when I speak to others at the game I don't come across anyone who is supporting the coach.
The game day thread and one off posters are full of disdain toward the coach, where it is the regulars here who are the most prolific in support.

I never wanted to start an attendance pissing contest but now that you challenged, and you would be in the top 6 of those who support Bucks, let's start with you.
What's your attendance behaviour over the last 10 years?

I'll cut you some slack with some of the things you say, but I thought the Ponsford stand started to empty about half way through last season. Also I thought memberships were solid through most of last season but a lot of people didn't renew at the beginning of this season.

I think a lot of members have spoken with their feet before the season started and perhaps the football club has been a bit slow in reacting because they honestly thought from the recruiting of Wells that the season would have gone much better and memberships would pick up again.

Could you have predicted how the season has gone? I didn't. Now that's it's terminal a few posters have emerged out of the woodwork, but at least you and Thompsoc have been consistent in airing your negative views of the coach. Personally I felt that the coach tried as hard as he could without an ounce of luck and has been found out through poor list management (as expressed by Paul Roos and others) and it's very sad it has come to this.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:43 pm

You are probably right about the timing of the Ponsford attendance drop off.
I was away for a few years and only returned about Round 8 last year.

2017 has for me been the most predictable year of the last 4.
I was particularly bullish last year after our NAB form, but of course after Round 1 and the subsequent Buckley led self-pity we were history.

I feel sorry for Dekka, but reserve judgement until he releases his book.
I'm sure ever decision list management decision has had different circumstances, and until there is an insider tell-all detailed account we won't know the truth. And maybe that will never happen.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Post subject: Re: I hate Collingwood DictatorsReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
With fans Being Negative about Collingwood at the Moment. As I am one.

I get sick of other Fans coming on and Bashing these Fans and Saying they are not Collingwood Fans.

Yes we are. We are just Appauled how bad we have gotten.

It's a Free World we don't live under a Dictator which some Collingwood Fans Think they are

Agreed

Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:03 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Jpies wrote:

Really?

So what do you make of supporters who call for the re-contracting of a coach who has regressed each and every year for the past 6?

What do you think of supporters who cry out for the club not to recruit Chris Mayne?

We expect a real club to not tear itself down.
We expect supporters to stand up to a club that is not performing and encourage change, to provide options for a new direction.

I'm with DTM.
Some of our so called supporters who want others to back off those who have held the reigns, and sent this club into an unprecedented death spiral,make me sick.

Did you know DTM use to be an adamant supporter of Bucks.
Do you know TP used to be the same.

My respect is with these supporters who turn up, have seen the light, and it makes them sick what has happened to our club.

You might have missed my point. I've got no problem with those who support Buckley, or those that would rather he is replaced. Likewise, I have no problem with anyone who views the Chris Mayne recruitment as a failure (so, everyone) sharing that opinion. They are discreet issues and there are threads on here precisely for debating them.

What I don't like are posts which hysterically overstate the issues facing the club, or which cherry pick (or flat out fabricate) statistics to bag individual players or which venture into the realm of being personally nasty to staff/players. There is literally nothing constructive in any of those sort of posts, the only effect they can have is to make a worse environment for supporters, and any staff and players which read them.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Fair enough, but without specific examples it just sounds like a DroversDog whinge about nothing in particular again.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:49 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Agree Dave.

Funny thing is, the club wants side by side yet it's the club who,is causing the divisiveness.

By delaying the inevitable, it's causing all of this hostility. That's why Buckley should do the honorable thing, like Tony Shaw ,and at least announced he's stepping down at season's end to allow the club to openly pursue the next coach.

Agree. Bucks coming out and saying that he won't be back next year will stop a lot this Fighting between Fans and we can Concentrate on the Future

Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:23 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Fair enough, but without specific examples it just sounds like a DroversDog whinge about nothing in particular again.

Example, off the top of my head:

A post a week or so back saying Langdon shouldn't be in the side due to him having a "career average" clangers of 5 per match, and he was compared to a player in the reserves with a far lower average. Sounds pretty bad to anyone reading along. But lucky I checked this stat, because in fact, this was his average in his one match back this year from injury. His actual average was (from memory) about 2.3. The reserves player's actual career average was given, so the discrepancy wasn't a mistake. So, what is to be gained by posting such rubbish? Bringing down a player's reputation with lies to further your own argument? Not my idea of a "supporter".

I've seen the same type of "selective" reporting for Adams' statistics, and the way some of the players are spoken about on here is disgusting. Telling players to **** off from the club etc. in the match day threads after they've made a mistake, seriously? Saying they look stoned? Saying they're "the dumbest player you've ever seen"? Like it or not, they are the club's players for the remainder of this year. Have your view of list management at seasons' end, but putting that sort of rubbish on here does nothing to help the club in upcoming matches. Again, if that's what "supporters" do, I'm not sure I see they point in having them.

I don't even need to give specific examples of all the posters calling for everyone under the sun to be sacked from the club. They're so abundant that you'd need to be blind to miss them. Sure, have your view on Buckley. Have a view on Ed. But it's worth keeping in mind that MM was under significant pressure in 2009, that Thompson was under enormous pressure in 2006, and even Clarkson prior to the Hawks first flag was on the ropes. Small things can change a footy club very quickly. So why come on here and post incessantly about how the whole club needs to be cleaned out after a few bad weeks? Anyone with half a brain can tell that if we turned over our entire board, coaching staff and half our list at the end of the year, the club would be in ruin. It's just dramatising, and for what reason? Why not have a balanced discussion about what can be improved, and try to stay encouraging for the players and staff for the remainder of the season?

If a post is so heavily based in the unrealistic, I can only assume it's designed to serve some bizarre self-interest for a poster who loves to "whinge about nothing in particular", as you put it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Good contribution Jpies
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 pm
Post subject: Re: I hate Collingwood DictatorsReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
With fans Being Negative about Collingwood at the Moment. As I am one.

I get sick of other Fans coming on and Bashing these Fans and Saying they are not Collingwood Fans.

Yes we are. We are just Appauled how bad we have gotten.

It's a Free World we don't live under a Dictator which some Collingwood Fans Think they are

Maybe you should practice what you preach Dave and not tell Bucks' supporters like me that we make you so sick that you want to vomit. A bit more respect to people all round on Nicks would be a good thing.

Still, a part of me does miss the passion and vitriolic abuse directed in all directions during the infamous 'Didak wars'. Those were the days. Embarassed

Same back to people like you come out and Bag Non-Pies Fans and call us Traitors and we should barrack for someone else.

Works Both Ways

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: