Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can we do a Port

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:30 pm
Post subject: Can we do a PortReply with quote

I look at our list and in patches we are more than competitive.

In 2013, Hinkley took over the basket case that was Port and made finals, beating us in the first week, before losing the following week to Geelong.
The following year, they were one errant shot from a GF birth.

With the right coach and a better game plan do people think we can replicate such a performance?

I think we are certainly better than what we have shown these past few weeks and am hopeful that a better coach and player development would see us move higher quicker than the present state of doom and gloom would indicate.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't MEL do the same thing?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:31 pm

No.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Yeah I do though without improved book ends I don't see the current list being top 4 material. With a game plan that actually compliments our list we could drastically improve. Bucks wants this highly skilled possession game but hasn't drafted or traded for skilful players, Wells aside but we can all see how well that's going.
New coach and the right game plan might get us to the cusp, but given we will have to draft for a kpp forward and back, it will not click for a few seasons yet.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Yes but only if we change the senior coach, add some new assistants and conduct a thorough examination of our development, high performance and recruiting staff and we make appropriate changes if required.

Port and the Bulldogs were both seen as basket cases on and off the field at the time and it's why I'm not to quick to judge our list at present as I don't think it's as bad as it seems.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:28 am

its very possible, in my humble opinion, things can turn around fast in footy, very fast, look at the dogs, basket case three years ago, win the flag, and the tigers have had a much better season, after being 15th last year. with some good recruiting, a new look, new coach, anything is possible, we still have a pretty good list, its just way down in confidence at present.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:44 am

swoop42 wrote:
Yes but only if we change the senior coach, add some new assistants and conduct a thorough examination of our development, high performance and recruiting staff and we make appropriate changes if required.

Port and the Bulldogs were both seen as basket cases on and off the field at the time and it's why I'm not to quick to judge our list at present as I don't think it's as bad as it seems.

Yup,

And also, this season, we can do port, scotch, bourbon, hell I'd go a hot toddy right now

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:23 am

Can we ?CanWe ? CAN WE??? All the Can We's.Can we do a port? Can we make the finals? Can we walk and Chew gum??? NO to all the Can We's. Not with Buckley and not with 25% of the players we have. We had a Premiership team which ,"In MY book" lost the follow up granny because of a shocking umpiring decision before half time, but that's another story and now we are 15th and may be lucky enough that the Lions are far enough behind us to not win our 3rd spoon, which ,I might add, have all come from favourite Son Coaches.There is a group of about 6 players who are continually played at various times and whilst these players are in our club and getting Buckley's eye, we will never play finals again, let alone "Do a Port"!!Broomhead,Smith ,Ramsay,Langdon,Blair,Sinclair and after yesterdays effort I'm beginning to agree that Cox has failed and White would be a better option.
I'm sure there will be others who could be added to this list and others will disagree but to answer the question NO!!!! We cannot do a Port with this current crop and coaching panel.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Haff wrote:
Yeah I do though without improved book ends I don't see the current list being top 4 material. With a game plan that actually compliments our list we could drastically improve. Bucks wants this highly skilled possession game but hasn't drafted or traded for skilful players, Wells aside but we can all see how well that's going.
New coach and the right game plan might get us to the cusp, but given we will have to draft for a kpp forward and back, it will not click for a few seasons yet.

What game plan works for team with a very high proportion of players who can't hit a target by hand or foot, or stick a tackle?

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Port also had a fitness guru that had them running rings around their opponents.

He left and they went to poo

I think he came back this year, yeah?
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Geek wrote:
Port also had a fitness guru that had them running rings around their opponents.

He left them again he has gone to arsenal in the epl
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
Geek wrote:

Yep, that's right.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-fitness-master-darren-burgess-returns-to-epl-with-arsenal/news-story/6b2e202d6eb68e2a5bc6ef4296e0c419

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:
Geek wrote:

Yep, that's right.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-fitness-master-darren-burgess-returns-to-epl-with-arsenal/news-story/6b2e202d6eb68e2a5bc6ef4296e0c419

But surely he has left a regimented system of procedures in place to be adhered to? He doesn't need to be there holding their hands?

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 pm

I have absolutely no doubt we will make the eight if we replace Buckley
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 am

think positive wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Yup,

And also, this season, we can do port, scotch, bourbon, hell I'd go a hot toddy right now

Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: