Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Dons beat Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys i ain't going anywhere!
So let me reinterate my position
Bux is a Dud
Ed has stayed far too long.
Hine is average... but I maybe guilty of overating him.
And Blair is not AFL material.
That sums up 80% of my postings.
Now boys ...what do you stand for?

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:30 pm

On that platform, you could be next El Presidenti!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:50 pm

My view on today's player performances:

1. Fasolo: 3 cheap goals when the game was dead in last 30 minutes. Watching him chase tail is akin to fingers down a blackboard

2. DeGoey: flat today. Needs to be on ball for rest of year

4. Grundy: non-descript vanilla performance today

5. Elliott: battled hard without threatening. Doesn't want to leap.

6. Goldsack: excellent on Hooker and Daniher despite height differences

7. Treloar: his worst game for the club. Looks hurt as he avoids kicking for handpall 75% of the time and when does "stinks it up"

8. Langdon: "typical game" today with a brain fart vague cough up causing a game changing goal in 3rd quarter killing our momentum followed up by courageous mark of the day in defence.

10. Pendlebury: is it just my eyes or is he coming down the "other side of the mountain"? Poor!

12. Scharenberg: unobtrusive and lacks the "hurt factor" that one would hope from a pick 6 in the Draft. Hope he is just another preseason away from realizing his potential

13. Adams: Taylor Taylor Taylor. Since the bye you have been putrid. Your third quarter kicking today (goal aside) was 4 turnovers by foot. Fix it and fast!

15. Dunn: kept Hooker goaless and kickless till third quarter. Least auspicious traded in recruit over the Summer yet has been the best.

18. Varcoe: underdone and it showed

19. Greenwood: played till his ability today and was the first Pies player to hurt an opponent this year.

20. Reid: was "destroyed by Hurley". Simply too slow as a forward when combined with the big yank

22. Sidebottom: cliché game with low hurt factor amidst his possession gathering junk

24. Thomas: virtually unsighted, fumbley and confirmed the notion that the second up game after a long spell is the hardest.

25. Crisp: credit to Jack. Since moved to the half back line, he is one that values, embraces and handles body contact and today won most of them. Disposal was great today.

29. Broomhead: encouraging start however went missing for long chunks of the game. Has his detractors on Nick's but I think he is worth persevering with given he is an outlier on our in that HE CAN KICK. Missed 60+ matches so more senior gametime the better

32. Hoskin Elliott: seems to be a burst starter each week, goes missing then comes home with more possessions. Not a lot of hurt in his 22 possies today.

37. Maynard: talk about the definition of a polarising footballer! His first quarter "panic kick antics" that resulted in 3 goals simply needs punishing with omission. His lack of poise in a crisis and polish when the heat is off is symptomatic of our plight. Oh yeah, did I mention that Fantazia kicked 5 goals on him??

40. Smith: In Smith, Out Ramsay, In Ramsay, Out Smith...... slow and loose. Not great traits for a backman Josh.

46. Mason: played to his ability and the solo marking falcon result in 3rd quarter summed up his work in progress.

NEXT WEEK?

It probably doesn't matter but it's more than time to experiment:

Outs:

1. Treloar: rest his groins
2. Adams: rest his feet
3. Greenwood: enjoy your 4 week break
4. Thomas: use him as Uber on the Gold Coast next week
5. Maynard: penalize that first quarter brain farts today
6. Smith: yo yo
7. Mason: too many talls

Ins:

1. Kirby: about time
2. White: put him on the Wing
3. Rupert: inside midfield grunt
4. Howe: please please please be fit
5. Moore: hopefully fit
6. Ramsay: give him a month and tell him it's a reserves match and relax
7. Daicos: why not? What else have we got to lose

Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Has he resigned yet?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Seth wrote:
Has he resigned yet?

Short answer
Noooooopo!!!!!!!

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Seth wrote:
Has he resigned yet?

No. Unfortunately Thompsoc is still on this board masquerading as a Collingwood supporter.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Oh well, at least we know how RICH supporters feel...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Collingwood are a bottom team. Not just this week or this year, but for years. This has been allowed to continue with poor decision after poor decision when recruiting. Constantly overrating a crap list and bringing in top up players to play alongside top up players. That makes for a team of battlers that worship Buckley. And tactically Buckley has always been a poor coach, killing big forwards and playing smalls that don't have the pressure skills for the AFL. All the while the supporters year after year have been fed propaganda of how good the team is despite getting worse and worse in front of our eyes? The club is hellbent on justifying the insanity of getting rid of Malthouse after winning 21 games in his last year. It's time for MCGuire to show leadership and admit the mistake and move on for the sake of this club. We will lose a decade through this terrible mistake - let's not lose another one.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:39 pm

It is a lost decade already.
Ed will never give up his penthouse.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
Langdon did ok Maynard had a few clangers early but at least he was fighting.
I don't know - too many cameo performances. Not enough taking charge - in and under.

Langdon did OK? Must have been watching a different match to me. He needs to be traded to Freo IMO. Waste of space apart from some marking.... at times.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 pm

I now want us to tank by means of getting players who need surgery to get it done now so they can be ready for a pre season. Of course the benefit in so doing is the tanking effect & getting a good draft pick position.

The first two goals gifted to Essendon were based on unforced errors, skill errors. They reflected our performance today. Langdon again was responsible for a match defining turnover when we had kicked unanswered goals, had momentum, had possession & WTF does he effen' do? He overthinks the situation, hesitates++ goes sideways & executes poorly. Another case where he believes his skills are better than they are. His decision making is atrocious & he is far too slow.

We really miss a fit Sinclair (let alone a fit Wells). Maynard could have been played in his more natural position at HBF than back pocket.

The coach needs to take responsibility for the inept performance. I feel sorry for Bucks but the record is dismal & in a wider perspective shows how poor the Malthouse Bucks deal was. While I love a lot of the things Ed has done for Collingwood it's starting to sound like the ALP's signature for the 1972 successful election campaign "It's Time"

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:00 pm

What was the second?
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 pm

A lot of comments here saying we need to tank for draft picks. We are travelling beautifully for the best possible pick whilst trying so why tank?
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Seriousl,y watching it today was humiliating

I think someone said Smith was a tough player - at least 3 times today hetook some short steps to avoid putting his body on the line weak as.

Cox - i think the experiment has failed

Good to see bucks learns from his mistakes - but wait he plays Maynard as a back pocket and Fantasia only kicks 5 on him. In true Buckley style he keeps him there all match.

Given that the match was effectively over half way through the second what moves did Buckley make for the rest of tHe match ? As john Kennedy once said - don't think Do

But don't worry Eddie and Pert still want to extend Buckleys contract make no mistake about that
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
A lot of comments here saying we need to tank for draft picks. We are travelling beautifully for the best possible pick whilst trying so why tank?

Looks like we'll be getting #4, at worst.

Hawthorn's first pick is about #567.

Can we swap our first rounder to them for Clarkson??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: