Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

More an observation on attitude - Patty didn't want to play AFL badly enough and it appears Schache may come from a similar mindset.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
More an observation on attitude - Patty didn't want to play AFL badly enough and it appears Schache may come from a similar mindset.

Definitely agree on this. Makes you wonder what Patty could have been had he had the same work ethic and attitude as say, I don't know, just for sh1ts and giggles, Blair...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:23 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Told that Lion's Killed Patty's Enjoyment of Footy

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I would be very concerned if we had interest in Schache at all.
I saw a couple NEALF games this season and he had very poor body language when it came to things not going his way. Instances of hands on hips when a team mate took a different option than delivering him the ball, little to no effort given in defensive pressure and never really kicked bags that would signal he's way to good the level below AFL.
The lions (more so Fagan) have bent over backwards for the kid this year and even with his limited output gave him a decent contract based on what they hope he will be not on what he's shown.
The rumour mill up here has been rife for weeks that he wasn't cooked when they played the GF that he left unbeknown to the club and his manager to return home. The first the club new of it was when he failed to appear for training and it was reported in the media he was at home. Fagan apparently rang his parents to confirm he was there as he wasn't returning phone calls from the club.
Part of the rumour is he has fallen out with some team mates as well who called him out in a honesty session for his lack of efforts and attititude to training and rehabbing
For mine he appears to be a bit of a spoiled brat obviously talented but unwilling to work hard to be the best he can be.
The lions won't fight overly hard to keep him and 1st round pick would get the job done easy as if the rumours are true they are happy for him to be gone.
For mine it's a pass not interested would rather take the a chance on a kid in the draft who's prepared to work hard and be the best he can be

I honestly think we should take a punt on him if we can get him for the right price. He's a country boy, from Seymour.. I seem to remember another country boy from out that ways... Broadford just down the road.. Barry Hall.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Schache surely hasn't lost the talent that saw him go pick 2 he's just lost his motivation whilst in Brisbane and wants out.

People need to remember he was only a second year key forward this season so has time on his side and his first season was encouraging enough playing for a side that was a complete rabble.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:10 pm

^^Sounds like Aish. Maybe the Brisbane system just breaks players?

If our recruiters like him, great. We could do with one developing key forward. I don't have much of an opinion on his ability. As a type, he's not an ideal pairing with Moore but could work.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Schache surely hasn't lost the talent that saw him go pick 2 he's just lost his motivation whilst in Brisbane and wants out.

People need to remember he was only a second year key forward this season so has time on his side and his first season was encouraging enough playing for a side that was a complete rabble.

If we go back to his TAC years, he never got a lot of the ball but what he did well, was kick straight. A number of clubs didn't rate him that highly, mainly because Weitering obliterated him every time they were matched on each other. Schaches father played at the Bears and it might have been that they paid overs for the romance that comes with that and the hope that he might want to stay on the back of his dad's career.
When you think that Jeremy Cameron kicked just short of a 100 goals in the first two years of the Giants history and Schache has kicked 27 goals, he still has a long way to go.
He may get there and the comparison to Cameron is a bit unfair but I am yet to see this kid show anything that suggests he is a future permanent fixture as a KPF.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Can't understand why playing Collingwood VFL under Buckley didn't re-ignite his passion *sigh*.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:11 am

piedys wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Can't understand why playing Collingwood VFL under Buckley didn't re-ignite his passion *sigh*.

Bit of a mystery that! He had plenty of opportunities to show his wares. In his first game he had a whole quarter! Of course 7 touches & a goal means he would've picked up 28 & kicked 4 in a whole game.
In fact he got 4 games over 5 weeks, 3 out of 4 he was the SUB, so 1 full game, and he did quite well, 17 touches in a game in which we were flogged by Geelong, and where our best, Pendles only got 23 possies, and only 4 more made it to 20 is a pretty damn good effort, he had 4 inside 60s, a couple of bounces, and showed a bit, there was no doubting the guy's skill.
Of course that earned him the red vest again against Richmond, followed by a nice rest in the Magoos
and that was that, never got another run. Bloody sad for such a skilled kid to finish his AFL career at just 23, not blaming anyone, I don't know enough about it, just bloody sad.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

Dave The Man wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Maybe you could meat Patty and ask him? Smile

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 am

^^ Maybe he has a special source?
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Burger off! It's all Buckley's fault!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
piedys wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
And as usual, we are reported as having some interest.

Mate, Kim Jong-un could put himself in the draft and we'd be the first club touted for his services...

It's a pity we've already given up our 2nd round pick, because if we managed to snare Kim Jong-Un, I'm sure he'd have a great Korea with the Pies. Rolling Eyes

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Boom-tish! You still got it!

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 pm

IMO recruiting a KPP (unless we can get Tom Lynch) is no longer our most urgent need. A more pressing requirement in order for us to make a decent jump up the ladder next year would be a high quality small forward similar to Devon Smith. I think the Pies are the worst team in the comp when it comes to locking the ball inside our f50. We need to fix this ASAP.

With Grundy and Cox likely rotating through FF will allow Reid to go back to CHB. Lever not required.

I'd like us to take Jarrod Brander at the draft with pick 6 as a future replacement of Reid and try to manufacture trades of our non-essential players to facilitate the Devon Smith trade. Possibly Fasolo? IMO Fasolo and Elliott play a similar role, we instead need a front and centre player with good leg speed and high tackling pressure. Smith was a late first round pick for GWS and is not currently in their best 22 so an early to mid second round pick would likely get it done.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:50 am

Throwing a thought out there and would be interested in other thoughts. There is a lot of love for Lynch to be pursued either this coming trade period, or as a RFA next... but what about Ben Brown - 24 years old, out of contract next season and kicks straight. The difference in price would also be disproportionate to the difference in output. Maybe better value to go after?

This is not based on any link to the Pies at all, just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 31 of 90   

Jump to: