Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achilles 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn’t Lynch a free agent next year? If so, then why do picks come into the equation?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm in Perth atm and saw some highlights of Brandon Starcevich on the news. He's a hard nosed tall midfielder and an absolute exquisite kick. The TV showed him kicking the footy thru basketball hoops from about 35 metres. He looks like a great prospect, but given we seem committed to Tyler Brown, my guess is we'll miss out on this kid. That would be a shame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NhoIHYzkKo
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:02 am

Achilles wrote:
Isn’t Lynch a free agent next year? If so, then why do picks come into the equation?

Based on my understanding, it's because Lynch is a restricted free agent. Draft picks would enter into the equation if the Suns matched the offer that we or any other club makes for him.

If an offer is matched, then Lynch could either walk to the draft meaning the Suns lose risking him for nothing or he can be traded to another club which involves draft picks, otherwise he can accept the new offer from the Suns and stay with them for the foreseeable future.

If the Suns don't match the offer, then they will be adequately compensated depending on the nature of the contract offer he accepts from another club.

The link below may help better explain what the free agency rules entail exactly, especially with regards to restricted free agents.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:59 am

Jezza wrote:
Achilles wrote:

Based on my understanding, it's because Lynch is a restricted free agent. Draft picks would enter into the equation if the Suns matched the offer that we or any other club makes for him.

If an offer is matched, then Lynch could either walk to the draft meaning the Suns lose risking him for nothing or he can be traded to another club which involves draft picks, otherwise he can accept the new offer from the Suns and stay with them for the foreseeable future.

If the Suns don't match the offer, then they will be adequately compensated depending on the nature of the contract offer he accepts from another club.

The link below may help better explain what the free agency rules entail exactly, especially with regards to restricted free agents.

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

i think the question related to the fact that an earlier post suggested we would also get them the 10 pick. The author was i think proposing a separate trade with the suns where they might also get our first round pick in an equitable but additional trade. This wouldnt be to juice the Lynch deal (which would stand on its own, but would be possibly a smart additional trade for both clubs so that the suns might get an additional top 10 pick and we might be able to pick up two additional later picks in a deep draft. Gives the suns a better chance to land the next lynch and would get us a better chance to get points (or to take multiple players later in the draft where we might get the calibre of player we would be looking for. A second win-win trade if you like.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:13 am

Just changing the topic slightly, should we look at Close, Hartung or maybe even Crameri?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:53 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Just changing the topic slightly, should we look at Close, Hartung or maybe even Crameri?

Personally I'd go for Crameri who can kick goals. He's better than any of our list players between 35-40 so obvious choice for me.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am

I don't mind Crameri. I think we just picked up our Hartung in trade week.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:21 am

The media suggest that only teams Crameri has connections with (Essendon, Melbourne) might be interested.
Two games in the last two years. Turning 30 next year. Has anyone made a successful comeback from that position? I doubt it.
Not tall or a marking target. Not fast. Need I say more?

Hartung makes me more curious. I wonder what his perceived deficiencies were that apparently couldn't be fixed.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:25 am

""? You doubt it?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 am

K wrote:
The media suggest that only teams Crameri has connections with (Essendon, Melbourne) might be interested.
Two games in the last two years. Turning 30 next year. Has anyone made a successful comeback from that position? I doubt it.

Hartung makes me more curious. I wonder what his perceived deficiencies were that apparently couldn't be fixed.

Yes, Dunn.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:

Yes, Dunn.

Lynden Dunn? Yes, he's old. But he probably played about 40 more games in '15-'16 than Crameri did in '16-'17. Dunn played 26 AFL games then, and I assume he played the rest of the time in the VFL, i.e. was dropped, not crippled.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 am

K wrote:

Soft - never developed any commitment to the contest. Purely an outside runner.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:04 pm

^ Butchers the pill too
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:05 pm

I'd be interested in Close on a cheap 2 year contract. Bolsters our forward depth for the inevitable Reid and Moore injuries and you never know, might make it as a decent mobile tall forward.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:07 pm

^^ I'd take Close as well - definitely worth a rookie slot if he's not picked up as a delisted FA.

Seen a bit of him up here in Qld and he looks to have some ability. Good running capacity for a big bloke too. Seen him pinch hit in the ruck on occasion and is quite mobile. A bit of mongrel in him also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 85 of 90   

Jump to: