Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

axl wrote:
Tom and his mum are mad collingwood supporters, the word is she wants her son to come home to vic badly. I reckon where in the box seat to get him if he wants to get out of there. I hope the suns are 2 and 9 at the start of the season. We need to throw 2 first round picks and future picks to nail this guy imagine our midfield drilling bullet passes to him on the lead from the square. I'm very excited about this and look forward to reading about it all next season.

He will be a restricted free agent, so draft picks won't come into it. It's all about money. We offer a big contract and hope the Suns don't/can't match it.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
axl wrote:
Tom and his mum are mad collingwood supporters, the word is she wants her son to come home to vic badly. I reckon where in the box seat to get him if he wants to get out of there. I hope the suns are 2 and 9 at the start of the season. We need to throw 2 first round picks and future picks to nail this guy imagine our midfield drilling bullet passes to him on the lead from the square. I'm very excited about this and look forward to reading about it all next season.

He will be a restricted free agent, so draft picks won't come into it. It's all about money. We offer a big contract and hope the Suns don't/can't match it.

Mate, you are kidding yourself if you think the AFL Suns won’t match it.

It’ll be 2x1st rounders & 1x2nd rounder at a minimum, maybe throw in a couple of position swaps & a player. If we gave a 2nd rounder for a rookie just imagine what......oh never mind.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
axl wrote:

If our midfield could drill bullet passes to a leading forward we wouldn't need him.

Laughing

Maybe Treloar can Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 am

Wellingham has been delisted by the Eagles, time to bring the prodigal son home

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 am

themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
axl wrote:

It’ll be 2x1st rounders & 1x2nd rounder at a minimum, maybe throw in a couple of position swaps & a player. If we gave a 2nd rounder for a rookie just imagine what......oh never mind.

If he walks, sells up on the Gold Coast and moves back to Melbourne and buys a house here, then what does GCS do? Other restricted free agents have done similar and clubs have learned not to bother matching the bids of other clubs. GCS will win the the wooden spoon next year. If Tom Lynch goes they get a first rounder draft pick as compensation. That becomes pick number 2 which goes with their pick number 1 in the 2018 national draft. What have they got to complain about?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:49 am

Purely hypothetical on Lynch.
If as mentioned he decides to pack up sell his house and move to Victoria then any club interested in him has the box seat over the Suns all of a sudden.
There wouldn't be a point the Suns matching any offer
So for arguments sake let's say he does the above and we are his perferred club
The Suns would receive a very good compensation pick in what will be a a very good draft.
Could we package up our 1st round pick with a player and our 2nd round pick 2019 to get the deal,done.
It couldn't be just any player would have to be a decent player. Could we spare one of our midfield brigade ?
For arguments sake if JDG has a good year could he be of value to the Suns ?
Could we add a HBF type to JDG and our 1st round pick to get the deal done ?
If they are after a leader could we use Sidey and our 1st round pick to get it done ?
Could we trade Aish Faz Broomy away to gather some 2nd round picks to use as part of the deal if needed ?
Maybe the cost would be too much in terms of both money and picks/players to make it worth our while.
Is there a cheaper player in maybe a Cameron or Paton to land without having to out lay as much ?
The first half of 2018 will be interesting. If he hasn't recommitted by the bye I would imagine that the speculation will be rife about where he is heading
Let's hope for a change we can get the player we want without being bent over and hammered for it
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 am

Victorian lad Tom Lamb dumped by the Eagles. Anyone reckon he is worth a look?
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
axl wrote:

If he walks, sells up on the Gold Coast and moves back to Melbourne and buys a house here, then what does GCS do? Other restricted free agents have done similar and clubs have learned not to bother matching the bids of other clubs. GCS will win the the wooden spoon next year. If Tom Lynch goes they get a first rounder draft pick as compensation. That becomes pick number 2 which goes with their pick number 1 in the 2018 national draft. What have they got to complain about?

Adelaide didn't let Danger go without milking Geelong, expect a fight.
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:20 am

Culprit wrote:
Victorian lad Tom Lamb dumped by the Eagles. Anyone reckon he is worth a look?

definitely as a rookie
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 am

themonk wrote:
themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
axl wrote:

Adelaide gifted Dangerfield to geelong. He was arguably the best player in the comp and he went for one crappy draft pick IIRC

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
axl wrote:

If our midfield could drill bullet passes to a leading forward we wouldn't need him.

But We don't have Gault anymore!

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:00 pm

E wrote:
themonk wrote:
themonk wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
axl wrote:

Adelaide gifted Dangerfield to geelong. He was arguably the best player in the comp and he went for one crappy draft pick IIRC

Dangerfield went to Geelong for pick 9 & 28 plus Dean Gore. Geelong received Dangerfield pick 50 and a exchange of 3rd round picks the next draft
Dangerfield was originally pick 10 but as stated was the best player on the comp when traded.
Adelaide didn't try keeping him really as they knew he was heading home but he handled it very professionally at all times
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:09 pm

^^^ Danger was a RFA so there was no obligation to trade. My understanding is both parties agreed he would be moving to the cats and in lieu of going through the RFA process and then play hard ball with a trade, a gentlemans agreement was made for a token trade.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:23 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Purely hypothetical on Lynch.
If as mentioned he decides to pack up sell his house and move to Victoria then any club interested in him has the box seat over the Suns all of a sudden.
There wouldn't be a point the Suns matching any offer
So for arguments sake let's say he does the above and we are his perferred club
The Suns would receive a very good compensation pick in what will be a a very good draft.
Could we package up our 1st round pick with a player and our 2nd round pick 2019 to get the deal,done.
It couldn't be just any player would have to be a decent player. Could we spare one of our midfield brigade ?
For arguments sake if JDG has a good year could he be of value to the Suns ?
Could we add a HBF type to JDG and our 1st round pick to get the deal done ?
If they are after a leader could we use Sidey and our 1st round pick to get it done ?
Could we trade Aish Faz Broomy away to gather some 2nd round picks to use as part of the deal if needed ?
Maybe the cost would be too much in terms of both money and picks/players to make it worth our while.
Is there a cheaper player in maybe a Cameron or Paton to land without having to out lay as much ?
The first half of 2018 will be interesting. If he hasn't recommitted by the bye I would imagine that the speculation will be rife about where he is heading
Let's hope for a change we can get the player we want without being bent over and hammered for it

I don't understand the question.

If he's a restricted free agent, all we have to offer is cash to him. We don't have to trade anything or do any deal, just offer to pay him more than the Suns. Confused

But this is talking about the draft in 12 months time, we've got a draft next month and a whole season to go through before then. People getting a woody over him now need a cold teaspoon.

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 pm

To get Lynch, we need to have decent year, meaning our 1st rounder wont be too good. Say 10ish.

We want Gold Coast to finish stone motherless.

It therefore becomes more attractive to them, to take the compo pick, pick 2, then a couple of say pick 10's. (2018 & 2019)

The AFL will not tick off a trade for some GC nuffy for our pick 10ish, should we try a swifty. Therefore, we need a deal to ensure they do not match our offer. A 'gentlemans agreement' that we trade our pick 10ish for a couple of 2nd rounders in 2018 and can throw the reasoning as," the draft points are equal or close to the same value", blah blah. Easily justifiable given we have a few academy and father sons. Who wouldn't trade a couple of later picks for pick 10, if you dont have academy or F/S's to use it on or may not even intend on using as you have a loaded draft hand already?

E.g. Net result=Suns lose Lynch & some picks they may not use (say picks 26 & 28-Geelongs and Essendons 2nd rounders that they own) for pick 2 and 10ish. Pick 2 is a star. Lukosious, Rankine and the King boys. They could easily trade pick 2, for a couple of top 10 picks if they wanted.

GC take picks 1, 2 & 10 to the draft, along with West Coasts 1st rounder, which could also be a top 10 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 84 of 90   

Jump to: