Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Delisted free agents - is there an order in which clubs can approach them, or is it just first in, best dressed?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Delisted free agents - is there an order in which clubs can approach them, or is it just first in, best dressed?

First in best dressed.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Whoever signs on the bottom line depending on salary cap room and whether we have a list space.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Lol, the doom and gloom brigade is out in force. Same old characters, same gibberish. Writing off our chances for 2018 despite still having 6 months to go until season even starts.

The rationale behind the recruiting departments strategy:

(Don't mention the round 2 selction) Wink

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-10-23/the-patient-plan-of-our-trade-period

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Lol, the doom and gloom brigade is out in force. Same old characters, same gibberish. Writing off our chances for 2018 despite still having 6 months to go until season even starts.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-10-23/the-patient-plan-of-our-trade-period

It says nothing more than what was known. Even Collingwood realized that pick 6 for Murray was way over. Hence, it only makes some but not all sense if we go for f/s or academy players in round 2. But who knows an excellent non f/s or academy player may drift back in the pecking order. The fact is we blinked first with Murray. It said in the article that eyebrows were raised away from the holden centre...which is code for WTF! Murray may turn out a winner....who knows. As stated elsewhere our salary cap limited our ability to trade. The Mayne and Wells recruitment last year has killed us. Hine was guilding the lily when talking about our drafting from the last few years. Hine has lived off his good recruitment years of 2006 and 2008. He has been MIA since then.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 pm

masoncox wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

It says nothing more than what was known. Even Collingwood realized that pick 6 for Murray was way over. Hence, it only makes some but not all sense if we go for f/s or academy players in round 2. But who knows an excellent non f/s or academy player may drift back in the pecking order. The fact is we blinked first with Murray. It said in the article that eyebrows were raised away from the holden centre...which is code for WTF! Murray may turn out a winner....who knows. As stated elsewhere our salary cap limited our ability to trade. The Mayne and Wells recruitment last year has killed us. Hine was guilding the lily when talking about our drafting from the last few years. Hine has lived off his good recruitment years of 2006 and 2008. He has been MIA since then.

Yawn.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:52 pm

I see that Tom McDonald, Jeremy McGovern are also restricted free agents along with Lynch at the end of the 2018 season.
Maybe it's not all about Tom Lynch. I wouldn't think we would have to much trouble either fitting McGovern or McDonald into our best 22. If the plan is to not get involved in any $400,000 a year trades this year, then that would at least improve our cap situation at the end of 2018.
Gawn becomes a restricted free agent too. I would think the Dee's are going to have a bit on their plate keeping Gawn and McDonald together.
Gotta love the game within the game.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I see that Tom McDonald, Jeremy McGovern are also restricted free agents along with Lynch at the end of the 2018 season.
Maybe it's not all about Tom Lynch. I wouldn't think we would have to much trouble either fitting McGovern or McDonald into our best 22. If the plan is to not get involved in any $400,000 a year trades this year, then that would at least improve our cap situation at the end of 2018.
Gawn becomes a restricted free agent too. I would think the Dee's are going to have a bit on their plate keeping Gawn and McDonald together.

Interesting point Pies 2016.

On top of Gawn and McDonald, MFC will also have Lever on about 900 large and you'd think that Jones would be on a bit as captain too. Not sure what Hogan re-signed for a few years ago but they would have paid through the nose to keep him. Petracca is going to command a huge contract next time round, and Viney won't be cheap for very long either. Brayshaw, Tyson.... How about Oliver? Even Lewis's superannuation contract would be higher than you'd think and Hibberd would have been offered a fair bit to entice him to choose Melbourne.

They have to be coming under severe salary cap pressure soon
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

West Coast will throw everything at McGovern, he will not leave WA to come to Collingwood.

Also, Gawn is expected to sign soon.

The target is definitely Lynch.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:02 pm

I keep hearing from posters how we are into Lynch so heavily but I wonder if it's so.
He will come at a huge price tag in both monetary and draft picks.
GWS have 2 kids in there academy around 200cm who will be heading to the AFL in the next season or 2. I wonder with that happening would the club be more likely to target GWS who will need draft points for there academy players plus how can they keep all these players signed this season along with the ones they have off contract next season under the cap ?
Maybe we could swoop in on a Paton or Cameron
Or will they be traded to Carlton like most of the off contract GWS players recently ?
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I keep hearing from posters how we are into Lynch so heavily but I wonder if it's so.
He will come at a huge price tag in both monetary and draft picks.
GWS have 2 kids in there academy around 200cm who will be heading to the AFL in the next season or 2. I wonder with that happening would the club be more likely to target GWS who will need draft points for there academy players plus how can they keep all these players signed this season along with the ones they have off contract next season under the cap ?
Maybe we could swoop in on a Paton or Cameron
Or will they be traded to Carlton like most of the off contract GWS players recently ?

Cameron is a diehard Pies fan, I know that may not mean much these days but he would look at us before considerinh any offer from the scum.

As for Lynch, the club has either worked something out already or is blowing smoke up our ass to keep us hanging on.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm sick of hearing and reading about Lynch already. We've got 2018 to play out yet.

Crameri was delisted by the Dogs today. Worth a look?

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm sick of hearing and reading about Lynch already. We've got 2018 to play out yet.

Crameri was delisted by the Dogs today. Worth a look?

Crameri. Let's think. Crameri... hmm... errr... right, Crameri... err...
Can we please, please go back to talking about Lynch? Wink
axl 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Tom and his mum are mad collingwood supporters, the word is she wants her son to come home to vic badly. I reckon where in the box seat to get him if he wants to get out of there. I hope the suns are 2 and 9 at the start of the season. We need to throw 2 first round picks and future picks to nail this guy imagine our midfield drilling bullet passes to him on the lead from the square. I'm very excited about this and look forward to reading about it all next season.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 pm

axl wrote:
Tom and his mum are mad collingwood supporters, the word is she wants her son to come home to vic badly. I reckon where in the box seat to get him if he wants to get out of there. I hope the suns are 2 and 9 at the start of the season. We need to throw 2 first round picks and future picks to nail this guy imagine our midfield drilling bullet passes to him on the lead from the square. I'm very excited about this and look forward to reading about it all next season.

If our midfield could drill bullet passes to a leading forward we wouldn't need him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 83 of 90   

Jump to: