Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

pablo wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I get a Feeling that when Hine likes someone he is happy to pay Overs to make sure they get to Collingwood

James Aish says hello

I can forgive him for Aish, top 10 draft pick, good first year, bad second year but that is common and never really settled at Brisbane. In hindsight, hasn't worked, but the deal made sense.

This latest deal is crazy and way overs.

Interesting that afl.com.au rated us equal last in this trade period.
We were ranked second last by our fans.
(http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-22/your-trade-verdicts-adelaidegws)

And while The Age is talking about the race between Essendon and Carlton toward a 17th flag, we have sycophants on here who blindly parrot that the club knows what it's doing! (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-race-for-afl-premiership-no17-between-essendon-and-carlton-has-resumed-20171020-gz4t4w.html)

As others have said, we are going into 2018 with the same list as 2017, a year we finished 13th. We have bolstered our recruiting department/list management, which yielded a negative outcome to date, i.e. overs for a rookie. We have appointed a couple of different assistants and that's about it. I maintain the club completed the trade to demonstrate to supporters it was doing 'something' not because the club knows what it's doing.

We have been for many years a club of mediocrity, willing to reminisce of the time we stuck it to the man as a working class club. As a man of Irish Catholic working class background and an ALP member, I love that stuff! But it won't win us our next Premiership - it is time for elite management, elite decision making, elite players (regardless of their socio-economics) and an utterly ruthless club. It's time to stand up to the AFL and demand explanations for apparent manipulations, latest was pick 19 to Geelong.

So very frustrated here, as you can probably tell!
Nevertheless, GO PIES! Just want the club to get where we all want it to be.

As long as personalities are more important than the Club, you will never ever win a swag of flags. It is the culture my boy the culture.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am

masoncox wrote:
pablo wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I get a Feeling that when Hine likes someone he is happy to pay Overs to make sure they get to Collingwood

James Aish says hello

I can forgive him for Aish, top 10 draft pick, good first year, bad second year but that is common and never really settled at Brisbane. In hindsight, hasn't worked, but the deal made sense.

This latest deal is crazy and way overs.

Interesting that afl.com.au rated us equal last in this trade period.
We were ranked second last by our fans.
(http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-22/your-trade-verdicts-adelaidegws)

And while The Age is talking about the race between Essendon and Carlton toward a 17th flag, we have sycophants on here who blindly parrot that the club knows what it's doing! (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-race-for-afl-premiership-no17-between-essendon-and-carlton-has-resumed-20171020-gz4t4w.html)

As others have said, we are going into 2018 with the same list as 2017, a year we finished 13th. We have bolstered our recruiting department/list management, which yielded a negative outcome to date, i.e. overs for a rookie. We have appointed a couple of different assistants and that's about it. I maintain the club completed the trade to demonstrate to supporters it was doing 'something' not because the club knows what it's doing.

We have been for many years a club of mediocrity, willing to reminisce of the time we stuck it to the man as a working class club. As a man of Irish Catholic working class background and an ALP member, I love that stuff! But it won't win us our next Premiership - it is time for elite management, elite decision making, elite players (regardless of their socio-economics) and an utterly ruthless club. It's time to stand up to the AFL and demand explanations for apparent manipulations, latest was pick 19 to Geelong.

So very frustrated here, as you can probably tell!
Nevertheless, GO PIES! Just want the club to get where we all want it to be.

As long as personalities are more important than the Club, you will never ever win a swag of flags. It is the culture my boy the culture.

Agreed Masoncox, wonder how man 'Line in the Sand' moments we'll have this year too..

It's pretty obvious they have decided to use Mason as a tall timber target up front and a fleet of smalls... and move Darcy to the back line.

We are one trick ponies.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Wolfe I'm not against a plan like that as long as the small players know how to be front and centre.
I'm guessing if Moore does move back then Ben Reid will go to CHF
Moore might turn out to be a huge bonus at CHB he has the athletism for it an it might help him learn quicker as well
A forward line containing a mix Cox Reid Elliott Sidey Pendles Faz WHE Daicos wouldn't be to bad at all IMO
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Lol, the doom and gloom brigade is out in force. Same old characters, same gibberish. Writing off our chances for 2018 despite still having 6 months to go until season even starts.

It must be terrible to live your lives always miserable and negative. There are councillors available to assist.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Sam Collins - mature age recruit for Freo, now delisted free agent.

Besides being a 194cm, 97kg defender, anyone know anything?

Fell out of favor with Lyon apparently.
pablo 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Lol, the doom and gloom brigade is out in force. Same old characters, same gibberish. Writing off our chances for 2018 despite still having 6 months to go until season even starts.

It must be terrible to live your lives always miserable and negative. There are councillors available to assist.

It's not doom and gloom - it's looking at our situation with a more realistic lens, diagnosing concerns, mitigating or addressing and then moving forward.
The club has not evidenced that it is doing this.

The alternative is to 'hope' - that's akin to delusion.

So, rather than living lives in the miserable and negative, realistic, analytical people tend to live more fulfilling, productive lives - you should give it a crack Wink

Also, if we did need mental health support, we'd probably see a health professional, not an elected official. Thanks for the advice though.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Sam Collins - mature age recruit for Freo, now delisted free agent.

Besides being a 194cm, 97kg defender, anyone know anything?

Fell out of favor with Lyon apparently.

Pick 55 in the 2015 draft
Averages 13 disposals and 5 marks a game over 14 games
Covered for Pearce when he was out injured
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:49 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Wolfe I'm not against a plan like that as long as the small players know how to be front and centre.
Moore might turn out to be a huge bonus at CHB he has the athletism for it an it might help him learn quicker as well
A forward line containing a mix Cox Reid Elliott Sidey Pendles Faz WHE Daicos wouldn't be to bad at all IMO

It'd certainly have some quality, QM67, but it'd be too slow, I think.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm

K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

It'd certainly have some quality, QM67, but it'd be too slow, I think.

Fair point K but Sidey Daicos WHE and to a lesser extent Elliott & Pendles are reasonably fleet of foot. Pressure isn't always about pace it's also about perceived pressure applied by limiting players options. Smart players like Pendles Sidey Elliott could do this.
For mine if our defence can maintain its structure from last year when we restricted sides below 90 points most games then our forward line can needs to make the difference between winning and losing. Remember last season we lost games generally on the basis of not having a forward line structure that suited our style of play and missing to many easy shots on goal. Our midfield will still contribute to the scoreboard as well.
Players like Varcoe and Wells can also play forward if required especially if the new HBF we got from the swans with leg speed can hold down a defensive post.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Are you running for council elections Adam? Must be miserable not knowing the correct spelling for your usual bash a poster tirade.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Getting back to this years draft, in the link in the academy kid thread I stumbled onto a name.

Ned Reeves.

207cm Ruck Forward for oakleigh chargers.

Went to the combine. From what i can find on him, I reckon he'd be a great pick up with a mid to late pick if we can get him. Will take a couple of years to develop.

Here's a bit from Nightmare on him a few months back.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/20106858/knightmare-afl-draft-wrap-ruck-prospect-ned-reeves-shows-forward-smarts

Anyone seen this kid?

also scored 29/30 in the kicking test. http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-10-05/top-prospect-kicks-perfect-score

Take 2, anyone seen this kid?

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm

For everyone blowing a load over Carltons trading and SOS 's efforts, I reckon his strike rate is shocking in terms of GWS players he brought to wanker land.

Meanwhile we would be 100% from ex giants players?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Big T wrote:
For everyone blowing a load over Carltons trading and SOS 's efforts, I reckon his strike rate is shocking in terms of GWS players he brought to wanker land.

Meanwhile we would be 100% from ex giants players?

T, without trying to source a list, the only failures that come to mind are:
Jaksch and Sumner [did i miss any?] Washed-up Palmer doesn't really count.

Marchbank would be pick of the litter for sure, very solid player.

Our only miss was Golds; but he was contractual steak-knives with absolutely no expectations of him.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:52 am

Are you running for council elections Adam? Must be miserable not knowing the correct spelling for your usual bash a poster tirade.[/quote]

If that is the best you have got, and you borrowed it, keep digging champ.
Wait until after draft and preseason before you implode.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 am

This statement has some merit, leaving off the last line would give it more credibility and stop the Arguements. Just sayin!

But then again, after getting our hopes up season after season and watching them crash and burn when we seemed to be on the road to great things, it’s kinda hard to be too positive! Which is why for the most part, I haven’t posted much. I’m just finding it hard to get too excited. Only 1movement in the trade period. And while I’m thankful the club is for once keeping decisions in house, well it’s kinda boring!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 82 of 90   

Jump to: