Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Trade and Draft period now concluded. Good luck to all.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS, it seems to me that some here are completely overlooking the fact that we wanted this kid and I expect him to slot straight into our best 22 in round 1. The fact that he was a rookie at the Swans is irrelevant. If he offers what we need to make us a better team, then it seems to me we haven't given up much to get him. If he turns out to be no good, then obviously it was a bad trade. However, all trades or draft decisions carry risk; evidence Freeman and Scharenberg. I know nothing about this kid, except his highlight package, but from that he certainly looks to have plenty of attributes which could make him a good player.

So rudeboy when was the last time someone gave up a round 2 pick for an unknown rookie? The issue is the price not the product.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Lol, perhaps someone needs to draw Mason Cox a diagram in crayon highlighting the considerable "change" we received from the second round draft pick along with a very promising player. Perhaps the penny will finally drop then.

PS: The only reason Sam Murray was a rookie is the swans backline he was trying to break into was made of all Australians Dane Rampe and Nick Smith along with young gun Callum Mills.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Lol, perhaps someone needs to draw Mason Cox a diagram in crayon highlighting the considerable "change" we received from the second round draft pick along with a very promising player. Perhaps the penny will finally drop then.

PS: The only reason Sam Murray was a rookie is the swans backline he was trying to break into was made of all Australians Dane Rampe and Nick Smith along with young gun Callum Mills.

So AT3V when was the last time a club gave up a second round pick for an unknown rookie? Get your crayon out and work that out? Bet you wont respond in a direct fashion.
As for the change we got ...well it might be used for the tipping jar. Seriously, post in a graceful way or dont post at all.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:16 pm

I wonder if the club is or should be interested in Billy Hartung, if he gets delisted...
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:21 pm

K wrote:
I wonder if the club is or should be interested in Billy Hartung, if he gets delisted...

If Clarkson can't turn you into a player,I doubt our club can
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 pm

masoncox wrote:

So AT3V when was the last time a club gave up a second round pick for an unknown rookie? Get your crayon out and work that out? Bet you wont respond in a direct fashion.
As for the change we got ...well it might be used for the tipping jar. Seriously, post in a graceful way or dont post at all.

Here's a serious question for you, how many AFL games would Murray need to play in 2018 before you would be prepared to say you were wrong ?
Sounds like not many going by your thoughts on him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 pm

If he played half our games, that would have him at better than Sinclair's season-average games over his career. If we played 2 finals and Murray played all our games, that would have him squalling Sinclair's output over the last four seasons.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

Here's a serious question for you, how many AFL games would Murray need to play in 2018 before you would be prepared to say you were wrong ?

You dont get it do you?
It is about the price paid for an untried rookie.
He may end up a great player or he maybe a dud. Unknown at this stage. The issue is the price. A untried rookie with zero afl games and a bad kick and one sided at that should never go for a second round pick. It is simple not complicated.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Not so sure this is cut and dried either way really. From the video evidence he has pace. Hard to judge his disposal efficiency given the level at which those games were played, Not much pressure either on him or the receiver. His record at Sydney suggests that he has improved in that department. If we need a replacement for Sinclair, and I think we do, he looks plausible. Our backline doesn't have much rebound at the moment. He doesn't look to me much behind either of the Shaw brothers in their early years. What would we have got with the traded pick? Others here think they know and it would have been better. I'd be interested in that?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 pm

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

You dont get it do you?
He may end up a great player or he maybe a dud. Unknown at this stage. The issue is the price. A untried rookie with zero afl games and a bad kick and one sided at that should never go for a second round pick. It is simple not complicated.

I think the most ignorant comment of the day is suggesting we gave up a second round pick for him (and then simply bleeting it OVER and OVER and OVER again). I'm pretty sure we simply traded draft positions with the swans. we agreed to move 15 or so spots down the draft. that is not giving up a second round pick. I think in the aggregate we may have actually acquired two picks for the price of 1.

Now if you take the view that next years draft is deep and that choices in the range of picks 25-60 are largely the same (i.e., you are just as likely to snag a decent player at 25 or 40 or 60), we did just fine.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Here is the draft pick order:

Having a look at that table; How the f&ck did Richmond manage to snaffle two early picks in the 2nd round, thus 3 picks inside first 25 selections?

I'm sure they gave the world to scam Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy during the 2016 trade period, only parting with Delidio for chump change?

Can anybody remind me how they have scammed these picks please? URL?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 pm

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

You dont get it do you?

So let me ask an equally uncomplicated question. If said rookie was to go on and play 100 games for said club for a second rounder ( I'm even going to exclude the one we got back ) would you say a 100 game + player proved to be good value for a second rounder ??
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:16 am

piedys wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Here is the draft pick order:

Having a look at that table; How the f&ck did Richmond manage to snaffle two early picks in the 2nd round, thus 3 picks inside first 25 selections?

I'm sure they gave the world to scam Prestia, Nankervis and Caddy during the 2016 trade period, only parting with Delidio for chump change?

Can anybody remind me how they have scammed these picks please? URL?

Typical afl interjection to ensure another popular premier. Gave them mid second compensation for uber dud Vickery and then the afl giants coughed up a first rounder for Dildo.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:05 am

^ E nailed it. Well surmised.

Remembering we took Josh Daicos at 57 and will possibly take Tyler Brown even later it is a nonsense to say that there aren't good players available in third round.

Mason Cox you can play silly games all you like, whether Sam Murray is a rookie player or a listed player doesn't concern me in the slightest. My only consideration is whether or not our list is better or worse for his inclusion. IMO it is resoundingly better and I look forward to watching him play. Smart acquisition by recruiting and list management staff IMO.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:52 am

Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

You dont get it do you?

So let me ask an equally uncomplicated question. If said rookie was to go on and play 100 games for said club for a second rounder ( I'm even going to exclude the one we got back ) would you say a 100 game + player proved to be good value for a second rounder ??

How about we got the 100 + game rookie for a fourth round pick instead of 2nd round pick ...do you think that is a better deal? And do you reckon on averages a second round pick would play more AFL games than a rookie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 79 of 90   

Jump to: