Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 5 stages of Grief!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Same old same old. Our supposed top tier of players lack a Jeff Horn "right hook punch"! yes you:

* Treloar
* Sidey
* Adams
* Pendles

Truth hurts but they don't punish opponents with sufficient "hurt factor"!

Agree on all of the above, except Adams. He never ever backs down from giving it back to the opposition.

I had a thought during the game that Pendles must be carrying an injury, because his disposal by foot was not up to his usual standard.

Sidey is just flaky. Brilliant one moment, woeful the next.

Treloar seems to be a run and carry player only at this stage. I guess that's what he was recruited for. Apparently he didn't train this week, so must be carrying something.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Same old same old. Our supposed top tier of players lack a Jeff Horn "right hook punch"! yes you:

* Treloar
* Sidey
* Adams
* Pendles

Agree on all of the above, except Adams. He never ever backs down from giving it back to the opposition.

I had a thought during the game that Pendles must be carrying an injury, because his disposal by foot was not up to his usual standard.

Treloar seems to be a run and carry player only at this stage. I guess that's what he was recruited for. Apparently he didn't train this week, so must be carrying something.

Right hook reference was more directed at having some X factor "knock out punch" AKA like Dustin Martin or Dane Swan used to do.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:05 pm

On a positive note, Richmond finished 15th last year and are currently 4th, so in an extremely even competition, a few percent improvement can mean a big jump up the ladder.

I still think a very good football side can be developed from our list as the youngsters come through together, so maybe I am still at the Denial stage, but I think 2019 is the earliest we can expect to contend at the pointy end of the season.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I understand all about grief mudlark. Lost my beloved grandmother this past week. My condolensces to you on your cousin's passing. They can be very important figures in our loves.

I don't believe ur beloved club is near death. Collingwood? Never!!!! Some amazing things will come out of these five years out of the finals. Just you wait and see!
I hope you're right PP.I do think we need a change of leadership from the top down. We need some more honesty in our club. I'm sick of a 1 week injury actually meaning 6>8 . Sick of non performers being selected week in week out because they TRAIN well. This year is now lost and we need to see the POTENTIAL we have and play the Kirbys and Daicos ,Scharenberg,Maine??? Keefe. Today flattened me .We could so easily have won this game. 50km bike ride tomorrow morning to clear out the evil.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 pm

inxs88 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Treloar
* Sidey
* Adams
* Pendles

Right hook reference was more directed at having some X factor "knock out punch" AKA like Dustin Martin or Dane Swan used to do.

Ah okay... sorry. You're talking about a game-buster??? No, I agree then, we don't have any of those, except perhaps Jamie Elliottt when he's on song.
They are pretty hard to come by!!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:17 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
On a positive note, Richmond finished 15th last year and are currently 4th, so in an extremely even competition, a few percent improvement can mean a big jump up the ladder.

I still think a very good football side can be developed from our list as the youngsters come through together, so maybe I am still at the Denial stage, but I think 2019 is the earliest we can expect to contend at the pointy end of the season.

Some good points. My only knock on Bux is the conservatism and tendency to put the few X factor players of influence in X factor positions:

Eg.

Hoskin Elliott: out of the goal square when his namesake Elliott missed 7 games this year.

Howe: for 1 game, yes one game forward as his personal confidence must be sky high

DeGoey: finally today he played on the ball "ALL DAY" and look what occurred

J. White: on a wing and let him run around Jimmy Stynes style! Hey Bux Liam Jones ring a bell when released out of forward line?

Kirby and Daicos zero games????

Conservative central!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:20 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Treloar
* Sidey
* Adams
* Pendles

Ah okay... sorry. You're talking about a game-buster??? No, I agree then, we don't have any of those, except perhaps Jamie Elliottt when he's on song.
They are pretty hard to come by!!

Most clubs ahead of us have 3-4 that can take a game by storm and say okay lads "follow me"! For 2 first round draft picks Treloar should be that guy!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:26 pm

For sure!! The coaching panel have had a rather conservative approach.

Still, coaches are on a hiding to nothing really - experiment and mess around with team positions. If it works, doesn't mean it will next game. If it doesn't work, they're called every unsavoury name in the Australian language.

However, really there is absolutely nothing to lose now for Bucks and the selection committee. Let it rip. Find out what players can do in different positions and find out what the untried players can come up with. Should be interesting if they take that approach!

I really hope Bucks can relax and enjoy his final games, now that it seems all over for him.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 pm

inxs88 wrote:

Most clubs ahead of us have 3-4 that can take a game by storm and say okay lads "follow me"! For 2 first round draft picks Treloar should be that guy!

Good point. Yeah, overall you would have to say that he hasn't been worth that sacrifice, even though he's provided a spark in some games. a spark - not a fire. However, he's still only 24 years old. Time enough yet?
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:59 am

Feels like the Delorian has been set to 1997.

I'm putting "Realisation" in at 4.5 on your list in the OP.
Hit me like a tonne o bricks today. As flat as I've been about footy/Collingwood as possibly I've ever been right now.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 am

King Monkey wrote:
Feels like the Delorian has been set to 1997.

I'm putting "Realisation" in at 4.5 on your list in the OP.
Hit me like a tonne o bricks today. As flat as I've been about footy/Collingwood as possibly I've ever been right now.

me too, to fix it, see below,

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
inxs88, I'm dealing with it a bit differently.
The 5 Stages of Grief:

1. Beer
2. Wine
3. Vodka
4. Whiskey
5. Grappa

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am

It has been a hard, disappointing and sad journey to this point in time.

WTF! 15th on the ladder with 5 wins to this point in time and the last two games both being significant losses that exposed our weaknesses.

Years on inconsistency with no way of predicting who will turn up to play next week.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am

Yep acceptance as a Pies fan of our mediocrity is a bit like Jessie and Walter White coming to terms in season 3 that they were the "bad guy (s)"
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 am
Post subject: Re: The 5 stages of Grief!Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Well they say that the 5 stages of grief start with:

1. Denial: No we are on the right track! Injuries have curtailed us the last 3 years, Hine is better than what Thompsoc says. The media are wrong we are fine!

2. Anger: gee the umpires and the injury gods have killed us for years, we just need some luck with the bounce of the ball and all things external and we can be top 4!

3. Bargaining: If we just have kept Beams, if Freeman and Scharenberg never had got injured am sure life would have been different!

4. Depression: Nothings goes our way! Why bother spend my hard earned every year watching a display of embarrassing ineptitude week in week out of these oxygen thieves.

5. Acceptance: At 6:05pm after watching Howe spot up Mitchell, Taylor Adams cough up another possession, Grundy spill the ball in our defence for a goal, Fasolo slip over for the 6th time against that "beast" of a player Sicily and Tom Phillips turnover the ball lace out to the Hawks for another goal I come to the comfortable and acceptance of my grief that we are simply a bottom 4 side.

So no more sliding doors moments, what if's or if only. I have peace and reconciled my grief of acceptance that we are 15th side on the AFL ladder
and miles away from the ultimate!

Well defined. I think we are all at the point where we can see the end result of the year will be what everyone has expected.

It is about what we do with the remainder of the year. As i posted in the game thread it has be about putting results of matches to one side, and looking at player talent...both those in the VFL and AFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: