Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Post Match. Pies lose to Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters. I have been following Mooretreloare's posts for a while now, because I find that he always attempts to back up his statements with examples and a scientific analysis, as much as is possible for us external observers. He has always said that he is neither pro nor anti Buckley. As for the condescending and annoying language he might direct to others, the reality is that he has been provoked. I have been following this conflict for some time now, and he was not the aggressor in this. Others jumped on him first in my view with derogatory language because he was asserting something they didn't agree with. I don't know if Mooretreloare is right or wrong in his analysis. However, he is certainly providing arguments that get one to ponder, and much of his analysis does indeed provide a coherent interpretation of reality. We are all here because of our love for the Pies. I want to understand why we are performing so poorly and what future directions we can take to improve. I am sure all of us do. There are many here who understand the game really well, and who have been enlightening me by explaining their viewpoints objectively. There is just no need to get angry if someone disagrees. Just find out why. If you think their opinion is flawed, explain why. Surely we are all here to learn and understand the Pies better. Go Pies!!
To be honest, because of all the flak Mooretreloare cops from so many indignant posters, I am concerned that he will simply give up posting. To me, that would be a great shame.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie 



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ source ?


His arse.


Fully agree. He obviously hasn't had a look at Jordan de Goey's latest interview.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
watt price tully Scorpio



Joined: 15 May 2007


PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ source ?


His arse.


Laughing Laughing

_________________
"It's good to have an open mind but not so open your brains fall out" Australia's Chief Scientist Alan Finkel to the looney climate change denialist Malcolm Roberts.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
watt price tully Scorpio



Joined: 15 May 2007


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the role of a runner during a match?
_________________
"It's good to have an open mind but not so open your brains fall out" Australia's Chief Scientist Alan Finkel to the looney climate change denialist Malcolm Roberts.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters. I have been following Mooretreloare's posts for a while now, because I find that he always attempts to back up his statements with examples and a scientific analysis, as much as is possible for us external observers. He has always said that he is neither pro nor anti Buckley. As for the condescending and annoying language he might direct to others, the reality is that he has been provoked. I have been following this conflict for some time now, and he was not the aggressor in this. Others jumped on him first in my view with derogatory language because he was asserting something they didn't agree with. I don't know if Mooretreloare is right or wrong in his analysis. However, he is certainly providing arguments that get one to ponder, and much of his analysis does indeed provide a coherent interpretation of reality. We are all here because of our love for the Pies. I want to understand why we are performing so poorly and what future directions we can take to improve. I am sure all of us do. There are many here who understand the game really well, and who have been enlightening me by explaining their viewpoints objectively. There is just no need to get angry if someone disagrees. Just find out why. If you think their opinion is flawed, explain why. Surely we are all here to learn and understand the Pies better. Go Pies!!
To be honest, because of all the flak Mooretreloare cops from so many indignant posters, I am concerned that he will simply give up posting. To me, that would be a great shame.


I respectfully disagree. Most posted seem able to cede a point. Go back over the posts. Do you like to be told your ignorant, uneducated, blah blah blah?

What makes his opinion any more important or knowledgable than others? Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't, and still I don't feel the need to belittle him or call him names. I did say he was disgusting, because his abuse, is

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
So watt price tully join the long long long list of posters here who are unintelligent, stupid, flawed beyond belief and a whole host of other failings because you disagree with a certain poster.
Pointless arguing with him.
Starting to think whether he is a troll.


Troll, or club plant does it matter?!? He does nothing but attack any poster that cares to disagree with his version of the world. I mean how many people have to tell him he's wrong before he gets it? it's all become a bit of a yawn fest to be honest.


Not a troll, just a person that understands professional sport.

Mr Wolf, the actual point is how many times do I need to point out the same thing over and over again until it gets through to your thick skulls. I will keep typing it until you and your mates get it.

You and your mates add nothing of value to the site. All you do is show your misunderstanding of AFL and professional sport.


You really are disgusting.


Case on point

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
5 from the wing on debut 



Joined: 27 May 2016


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters. I have been following Mooretreloare's posts for a while now, because I find that he always attempts to back up his statements with examples and a scientific analysis, as much as is possible for us external observers. He has always said that he is neither pro nor anti Buckley. As for the condescending and annoying language he might direct to others, the reality is that he has been provoked. I have been following this conflict for some time now, and he was not the aggressor in this. Others jumped on him first in my view with derogatory language because he was asserting something they didn't agree with. I don't know if Mooretreloare is right or wrong in his analysis. However, he is certainly providing arguments that get one to ponder, and much of his analysis does indeed provide a coherent interpretation of reality. We are all here because of our love for the Pies. I want to understand why we are performing so poorly and what future directions we can take to improve. I am sure all of us do. There are many here who understand the game really well, and who have been enlightening me by explaining their viewpoints objectively. There is just no need to get angry if someone disagrees. Just find out why. If you think their opinion is flawed, explain why. Surely we are all here to learn and understand the Pies better. Go Pies!!
To be honest, because of all the flak Mooretreloare cops from so many indignant posters, I am concerned that he will simply give up posting. To me, that would be a great shame.


You don't understand why?

He says he doesn't care if Buckley is reappointed or not. That is fair enough. But every post from him comes down to reasons why Buckley should be reappointed, and makes the most illogical arguments to support his case. He even goes so far as to look for quotes to use out of context to support his argument. If he wants to support Buckley good luck to him. Some still do. But to maintain ridiculous positions, and then accuse people of being idiots if they do not agree with him, can only lead to one place.

Mooretreloar would be more credible if his posts were automatically erased after 5 minutes. At least he would not have to come back and edit them multiple times as he currently does.

He obviously watches a lot of football and can parrot what the media says but he doesn't understand the game or what is occurring around it. As an example, I have reproduced one of his posts below. You may recall that it is from his "what I have been told this week" topic. The comments that he made about Geelong and Hawthorn are especially funny.



"Marking Scale:
Wrong (W)
Very Wrong (VW)
Absolutely Wrong (AW)
Absolutely and Utterly Clueless (AAUC)

A list of things that I have been told this week on Nick's and their mark:
- Richmond are a good side and overran Melbourne last Monday night because they had bigger bodies. AW.
- Hawthorn's rebuild can be seen, but ours can't. AAUC
- Buckley is responsible for player's inaccurate goal kicking. AW.
- Buckley is responsible for the skill errors of players. AW.
- Buckley has lost the players. AAUC.
- Buckley can't coach. AAUC
- Buckley does not have a game plan. AAUC
- Hine is a dud. AAUC
- Our list is no good. AAUC
- The youth on our list are not going to make us a better side, as they play more games and get experience. AAUC
- The purpose of the draft is not to make the competition even and the AFL has not structured the competition with the view of having a different premier each and every year. AAUC
- Geelong's list is better than ours. AW
- Chris Scott is a better coach than Buckley. AW.
- Geelong are not reliant on Dangerfield and Selwood. AAUC.
- Geelong are closer to a flag than us. AW.
- Buckley has been in charge of six years of gradual decline. AAUC

Number 2 is the winner of the post that was as far off the mark as is possible this week on Nick's.

You will notice that none of the items on this list were rated on the lowest mark on my scale and thompsoc and 5 from the wing on debut wonder a) why I indicated that 75% of people on this site (refer to the negative posters on the Buckley Debate thread, as the majority of the culprits) don't have the faintest idea what they are posting about or b) why I don't agree with their opinions."
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thompsoc 



Joined: 21 Sep 2009


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that list is looking pretty funny after round 14.
Legend in his own lunchtime....sorry little lunch.

_________________
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
ilovenathanbuckley 



Joined: 29 Mar 2017


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ source ?


His arse.


Fully agree. He obviously hasn't had a look at Jordan de Goey's latest interview.


Please tell me you don't think players ever tell the truth talking to the media?? You can't be that naive. Like a kid is going to say I don't like my coach, that would be smart wouldn't it. Anyway I don't really give 2 hoots if you don't believe me.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thompsoc 



Joined: 21 Sep 2009


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ...iike getting up in a staff meeting and saying you don't like the boss or the way he is running the organisation.
Yep ..happens all the time.

_________________
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
watt price tully Scorpio



Joined: 15 May 2007


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters. I have been following Mooretreloare's posts for a while now, because I find that he always attempts to back up his statements with examples and a scientific analysis, as much as is possible for us external observers. He has always said that he is neither pro nor anti Buckley. As for the condescending and annoying language he might direct to others, the reality is that he has been provoked. I have been following this conflict for some time now, and he was not the aggressor in this. Others jumped on him first in my view with derogatory language because he was asserting something they didn't agree with. I don't know if Mooretreloare is right or wrong in his analysis. However, he is certainly providing arguments that get one to ponder, and much of his analysis does indeed provide a coherent interpretation of reality. We are all here because of our love for the Pies. I want to understand why we are performing so poorly and what future directions we can take to improve. I am sure all of us do. There are many here who understand the game really well, and who have been enlightening me by explaining their viewpoints objectively. There is just no need to get angry if someone disagrees. Just find out why. If you think their opinion is flawed, explain why. Surely we are all here to learn and understand the Pies better. Go Pies!!
To be honest, because of all the flak Mooretreloare cops from so many indignant posters, I am concerned that he will simply give up posting. To me, that would be a great shame.


I actually agree (as I noted in my last post) with about 98% of what he posts but that 2% sticks out like the proverbial. I have explained why I disagree.

However all including me, Moore-Trealoar & others do need to be more mindful about our responses

_________________
"It's good to have an open mind but not so open your brains fall out" Australia's Chief Scientist Alan Finkel to the looney climate change denialist Malcolm Roberts.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Oxford, England

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Yep ...iike getting up in a staff meeting and saying you don't like the boss or the way he is running the organisation.
Yep ..happens all the time.


Sure, but it is very possible to say nothing, or if directly questioned, to say something like "our job is to play football, and the coaching is a matter for others, but we all support Bucks."

These players went out of their way to send a message to the administration and the public about the fact that they want Buckley to stay. That does not mean that he should, but it's a factor the Board needs to take into account.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters.


You don't understand why?

He says he doesn't care if Buckley is reappointed or not. That is fair enough. But every post from him comes down to reasons why Buckley should be reappointed, and makes the most illogical arguments to support his case. He even goes so far as to look for quotes to use out of context to support his argument. If he wants to support Buckley good luck to him. Some still do. But to maintain ridiculous positions, and then accuse people of being idiots if they do not agree with him, can only lead to one place.

Mooretreloar would be more credible if his posts were automatically erased after 5 minutes. At least he would not have to come back and edit them multiple times as he currently does.

He obviously watches a lot of football and can parrot what the media says but he doesn't understand the game or what is occurring around it. As an example, I have reproduced one of his posts below. You may recall that it is from his "what I have been told this week" topic. The comments that he made about Geelong and Hawthorn are especially funny.



"

Respectfully, it is MT complete right to put forward reasons why he thinks Buckley is not responsible for the current crisis, or at most only partly so. It is also MT's complete right to present arguments that might seem absurd to you.
I agree that MT should not be putting down others for holding differing views. However, at the very start, it was MT who was first subjected to harrassment, and he responded.
When MT first began posting, I was immediately attracted to his posts, not because I agreed with them, but because they presented a new perspective which I thought needed to be considered. I have replied to him many times, and have never encountered the slightest discourteousy from him, despite my evidently limited knowledge of the game. that is because I did not speak condescendingly to him, even though his views were challenging my take on reality.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters.


You don't understand why?

He says he doesn't care if Buckley is reappointed or not. That is fair enough. But every post from him comes down to reasons why Buckley should be reappointed, and makes the most illogical arguments to support his case. He even goes so far as to look for quotes to use out of context to support his argument. If he wants to support Buckley good luck to him. Some still do. But to maintain ridiculous positions, and then accuse people of being idiots if they do not agree with him, can only lead to one place.

Mooretreloar would be more credible if his posts were automatically erased after 5 minutes. At least he would not have to come back and edit them multiple times as he currently does.

He obviously watches a lot of football and can parrot what the media says but he doesn't understand the game or what is occurring around it. As an example, I have reproduced one of his posts below. You may recall that it is from his "what I have been told this week" topic. The comments that he made about Geelong and Hawthorn are especially funny.



"

Respectfully, it is MT complete right to put forward reasons why he thinks Buckley is not responsible for the current crisis, or at most only partly so. It is also MT's complete right to present arguments that might seem absurd to you.
I agree that MT should not be putting down others for holding differing views. However, at the very start, it was MT who was first subjected to harrassment, and he responded.
When MT first began posting, I was immediately attracted to his posts, not because I agreed with them, but because they presented a new perspective which I thought needed to be considered. I have replied to him many times, and have never encountered the slightest discourteousy from him, despite my evidently limited knowledge of the game. that is because I did not speak condescendingly to him, even though his views were challenging my take on reality.


id be interested to see those

cos hes called me clueless uneducated having no idea about the game etc and i never do that to anyone unless they do it to me more than once.

to me it seems to be the way he talks, as if he thinks hes a lot smarter than anyone else, and can say what the hell he likes, and damn anyone elses opinion or feelings. as someone else said that only leads to one place.

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
BBHS Cancer



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Location: Doreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding it hard to find anything in here about the game lol

Moore getting injured sucked. Treloar was serviceable. Appears to be carrying something as well Smile
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group