Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kayle Kirby watch

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Hopefully a big lesson was learned today.... By the various geniuses who are convinced they know a lot more about what it takes to play AFL than Nathan Buckley, Geoff Walsh et Al. Good he played but his net contribution was negative as his man several times pushed well ahead of him to drive Melbourne deep i50 and brought about goals. Good decision by the coaching staff to give him this one, knowing he was not really ready despite the supporter hype.

Why are we having this argument?

He played. We won. End of story.

Next chapter starts first game next season.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:31 am

Imagine the uproar if Blair was picked when that unfit
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:51 am

Kirby has a long way to go to live up to the Pickett/Rioli tag. He has been shown what's required and it will be interesting how he goes during the pre season.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:06 am

neil wrote:
Imagine the uproar if Blair was picked

There, fixed it for you Neil Smile

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:35 am

I don't think its as bad as your all saying - The first quarter the ball was in our forward 50 heavily - and we scored. He dropped out of the game later when the ball wasn't and he had been run up the ground. I agree he's fitness might not be quite there but I don't think its necessarily that far off. He seems to do one thing better than 90% of our list right now... His tackles stick.

On a side note I thought our forward line looks much much better with Goldsack in there.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Who will win? Kayle or the Hamburgers? Its a head thing!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
I don't think its as bad as your all saying - The first quarter the ball was in our forward 50 heavily - and we scored. He dropped out of the game later when the ball wasn't and he had been run up the ground. I agree he's fitness might not be quite there but I don't think its necessarily that far off. He seems to do one thing better than 90% of our list right now... His tackles stick.

On a side note I thought our forward line looks much much better with Goldsack in there.

He should have got 2 frees for great tackles, plus he saved us a certain goal when he smashed Jones in a fierce tackle in defence. If he improves his fitness, he'll be a beauty.

Clearly, Bucks knows more than the keyboard heroes, as he has said (even last week) that Kirby isn't really quite ready for senior footy yet, but it was good to give him a taste.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:35 pm

^

Agreed. That taste should hopefully motivate him all pre season. he now has experienced the level he needs to get to. No amount of talking can replace first hand experience.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Kept a close eye on him during the game.

Thought he got into the right areas more often than not, and his tackling pressure was quite good. Fitness is obviously the biggest issue that he will need to address but hopefully more work with the fitness staff will help address that during the off-season.

It was good that he got a taste for senior football which will be invaluable to his development and give him the necessary motivation to train the house down heading into season 2018.

Interesting to note that on the club website he's listed at 89kg, but he was listed at 96kg when he was first drafted.

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:02 pm

he was workman like for first game he laid 5 tackles and had a tick tack i hope he turns it on on saturday in the vfl final.

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:08 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Hopefully a big lesson was learned today.... By the various geniuses who are convinced they know a lot more about what it takes to play AFL than Nathan Buckley, Geoff Walsh et Al. Good he played but his net contribution was negative as his man several times pushed well ahead of him to drive Melbourne deep i50 and brought about goals. Good decision by the coaching staff to give him this one, knowing he was not really ready despite the supporter hype.

Why are we having this argument?

He played. We won. End of story.

Next chapter starts first game next season.

We are having it because so many on this forum were astounded that the coach and his peers were so blind to what we of nicks the great could so clearly see. Laughing Laughing

It's a great example of how we are not all as smart as we think we are from up here on our armchairs. Nothing lost. But this bloke just wasn't ready plain and simple.

That said ....dig in Kirbs and have a big preseason ....we all still love the xfactor of the kirbinator.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm

Simply needs to be lighter and quicker to make it at AFL level. Playing him more this year would not have helped him, only hurt us, you don't get fitter by playing more senior games.

A huge pre-season coming up for him. Train the house down and attack the 2018 season hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: