Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kayle Kirby watch

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Let's not forget, he only racked up 3 less touches than Blair's 2017 average, in just his first game.

But...he didn't waste our midfield possessions by being the lead up target.

8 less disposals than Blair's average: 4 to 12.

And the main attribute that Blair possesses is his running ability and desire to get to contests. He always provides an option for our midfield. This is Kirby's main weakness and killed some very likely offensive movements.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Well he didn't come up Yagmoor's so that's a plus.

Today was all about showing him what will be required if he wants to forge an AFL career and it was a worthwhile exercise in the last game of the season.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Well he didn't come up Yagmoor's so that's a plus.

Today was all about showing him what will be required if he wants to forge an AFL career and it was a worthwhile exercise in the last game of the season.

Spot on swoop. He now knows the difference between VFL and AFL and hopefully will work all that much harder in the off season.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:28 pm

He was unlucky not to get a couple of frees, which could easily have resulted in goals. I like what I saw, and when he gets super fit, he'll be a great asset.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Agree with Rudeboy...I liked what I saw. Clearly he is not fit enough, and today's game was a wonderful learning experience for him, going into his next preseason.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:36 pm

How does an 18yo professional athlete carry that body type onto the field? Must have some serious dietary deficiencies.

Needs to up his professionalism, but stuck some tackles and will be dangerous with a superior fitness base. Jetta is a heralded defender these days, so not an easy opponent either.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Well he did have more kicks than Blair did in his last game.

He was blowing up in the 2nd qtr, but as I said earlier I am glad we was picked. He now knows what it will take.

Daics just looks like a chip off the old man's shoulder. Maybe he will bring back the torp.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

No disaster today. He seemed to read the play ok and went to where a forward should be many times. He was gun shy when the ball came his way, dropped a mark, hesitated a second when disposing etc
When in the zone to tackle he laid some really good ones.
He needs much more of a tank, but as Jack Dyer used to say - "he got to where the ball is and not where it ain't". So he looks a player to me.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Hopefully a big lesson was learned today.... By the various geniuses who are convinced they know a lot more about what it takes to play AFL than Nathan Buckley, Geoff Walsh et Al. Good he played but his net contribution was negative as his man several times pushed well ahead of him to drive Melbourne deep i50 and brought about goals. Good decision by the coaching staff to give him this one, knowing he was not really ready despite the supporter hype.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 pm

For all of you that were pissing and moaning that Buckley wouldn't play him... pretty obvious why.

Bucks was absolutely right not to play him - he's no way physically ready for AFL.

However, the kid looks ok and now he knows hopefully what is required to be impactful in 2018.

Get fit and go nuts little fella!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Underwhelming debut.....Started OK, but ran out of petrol tickets.

Hopefully a bright future.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Reckon he copped a minor cork in the 2nd after a collision... ran straight off for treatment. He seemed intent on setting blocks for other people when the ball was coming in. Billy was telling him at one stage to get out of the area as well. His first game in the twos this year was also underwhelming, with a duck egg like today. That's why I wanted him in a month ago.

Little Browny was damn good today with his hands and vision. Didn't see much of Daics, I missed his first goal thinking that the game started at 2:10 and saw him shank his second shot into the post. He needs time too. That's why its been a bit perplexing as to why we haven't been pumping more games into these young blokes.

Having the crowd chanting your name with your first shot on goal is probably a bit of pressure too. But he should have kicked that one in the square, think he had a fresh airy?

4everpies 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
For all of you that were pissing and moaning that Buckley wouldn't play him... pretty obvious why.

Bucks was absolutely right not to play him - he's no way physically ready for AFL.

However, the kid looks ok and now he knows hopefully what is required to be impactful in 2018.

Get fit and go nuts little fella!!

Great post, so many "eddie experts" here, half of them never even bother to go and watch the VFL.

Kirbs is only 18yo, a couple of years in the system and if he applies himself, he will be a goodun. Very Happy
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Played without much luck, despite this i thought he looked dangerous. Seemed to get to the right spots. Don't ever expect this kid to peel off 25 a game. I think we can come to expect 2-3 opportunistic goals from 10-12 touches.

Will do him the world of good heading into pre-season. Onwards and upwards, exciting stuff!
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 am

First game was good to see however his fitness was poor. That's been a hallmark of his year in the two's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: