Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Adams (93.1%) bettered that.

That -6.9% must have been his pox grubber in the first quarter across half back that got them rolling on the scoreboard.

Love to see Langdon's. Must look like Mitch Marsh's batting average...

Langdon 79.2%

FFS Donny! What website do those stats come from?
That would imply that perhaps 19 of his 24 possessions actually hit the desired target?
Was it the same game I was watching? Surprised

A grass grubber to the general vicinity of the intended target or a shank to a neutralised 1v1 is considered an "effective kick" by Champion Data.

You take the stat for what it is...

And a handball to a teammate standing still and about to get clobbered or to a running teammate with an opposition player beside them still counts as an effective handball. The resulting turnover and goal from this should go against him but doesn't - sure makes his DE% look good.

75% of stats are made up, 50% of people know that and the other 60% believe champion data as gospel.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Since when did we EVER play well first week back after the bye?

FFS, anyone who didn't expect this knows nothing about football.

This is why I said at the time that the Melbourne game was season defining. Sure enough, that's exactly what it was. We are now officially in the poo.

When does the cricket start?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

Time to be bold and revamp the forward line, defence and midfield.

Out:Crocker, Brown, Aish, Broomhead, Phillips

In:Mayne, Kirby, Cox, Scharenberg, Ramsay

de Goey to be given more midfield time.

Maynard switched to play midfield/half forward.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

5150 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Adams (93.1%) bettered that.

That -6.9% must have been his pox grubber in the first quarter across half back that got them rolling on the scoreboard.

Love to see Langdon's. Must look like Mitch Marsh's batting average...

Langdon 79.2%

FFS Donny! What website do those stats come from?
That would imply that perhaps 19 of his 24 possessions actually hit the desired target?
Was it the same game I was watching? Surprised

A grass grubber to the general vicinity of the intended target or a shank to a neutralised 1v1 is considered an "effective kick" by Champion Data.

You take the stat for what it is...

And a handball to a teammate standing still and about to get clobbered or to a running teammate with an opposition player beside them still counts as an effective handball. The resulting turnover and goal from this should go against him but doesn't - sure makes his DE% look good.

75% of stats are made up, 50% of people know that and the other 60% believe champion data as gospel.

You need to trust your eyes rather than the stats.

FWIW my eyes told me that it wasn't the goals that Langdon coughed up that cost us the game, but rather the goals we didn't kick down the other end.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Guys like Crocker, Brown and Aish are best 22. You keep playing them until they come good. If you are AFL standard as those players are, you learn more playing AFL than VFL. Short term pain for long term gain.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Tannin wrote:

Snip:

Might not this year...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:06 pm

No football season and no cricket season - 2017 shapes up badly.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Tannin wrote:

This is why I said at the time that the Melbourne game was season defining. Sure enough, that's exactly what it was. We are now officially in the poo.

Nothing to do with the bye. If we played the same side again against the same Port Adelaide side again, they will beat us 10 times out of 10 (remember they beat us the last twice and we have them again on their territory in a few weeks time).
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:29 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Guys like Crocker, Brown and Aish are best 22. You keep playing them until they come good. If you are AFL standard as those players are, you learn more playing AFL than VFL. Short term pain for long term gain.

Brown is a 2 game player. No way is he cemented in our best 22 and he'll make way for other young players like Kirby if his form drops away..

Aish continues to disappoint and is on the fringe of our best 22 and certainly not producing to the level where his spot is assured.

I was happy for Crocker to be given a block of games but he struggles to win much of his own ball and is finding the quicker pace of AFL and the bigger bodies difficult at present. Only in his second season so has some excuses and going back to the lower level to try and work on adding some strings to his bow wont hurt.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Big T wrote:
Where is the sandman with his <snip> predictions now?

lmao I was thinking that myself, doubt we'll hear much more from him for awhile... Rolling Eyes

I imagine he is sitting away somewhere, partaking liberally in the blessed consumption of the scared erb

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:37 pm

IMO we should have stuck with Shaz instead of Langdon purely on their ability to dispose efficiently when they have the Sherrin
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Whether you think Bucks should be coach or not I think he was spot on in the presser today. It looked like boys against men. We got bullied by PA.

He also said stats are bullshit.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Oh we're to start in such a poor all round performance.

Sidey's second half was tremendous set up so much play but we needed it in the first half when the game was there to be won. Falls off to many tackles or is ineffective in making them.

Crocker offers next to nothing. Isn't marking isn't applying pressure isn't hitting the scoreboard

Faz tried his guts out but bombing it on his head ain't going to work

Reid looked short of a gallop but he did some OK stuff

Dunn did OK on Dixon but struggled with Dixon's running and strength.

Howe was good again

Grundy won the battle over Ryder and took a couple huge grabs in a very promising sign he's still improving and loves a challenge

Broomhead just fades in and out of games to much

Moore tried all day but needs help badly. Showed he's improving each week in the ruck

Aish gets lost in play. Works hard but doesnt impact games

WHE avoids physical contact at all costs. Needs to toughen up. Takes good marks can't understand why he wasn't played out do the goal square in the second half just to change things up

Brown got lost a bit today but showed improvement from game 1. Has courage and is finding the pace of the game a bit much

JDG did OK but needs more time on the ball where he can be more dangerous

Adams didn't butcher it badly today so that's a positive but didn't do much positive for the team either

Pendles is a out and out champion. Tried hard all day even with Port rotating players on him all game to nullify his effectiveness. One of the best afield again

Treloar runs a lot but doesn't hurt you much. His disposal at the end of a run is iffy. Tries hard but needs to get more involved early

Mayanrd has the heart of lion think he's got midfielder written all over him or as a HHF

Goldie got caught out a couple times for pace but saved a few goals with effort on effort

Crisp didn't do anything to really impress again

Greenwood hard at it but needs to impact the score board more for us to be any chance against good sides

Langdon oh how I wish I was wrong with my assessment of him when the side was announced. All those trying to make excuses watch the game again closely. He got beaten very badly at many contests. Port knew they had a bunny for the taking and made th most if it. He made 5 terrible decisions each cost a goal directly. Watch the replay and see how many times they isolated Gray on him deep and if the ball had got over the back he was 5-10m away from Gray and would have got beaten. If Port had capitalised on that Gray would have kicked 10. If they measured disposals by the ones that actually went to a team mate not in a 3 on 1 contest against or where the ball dribbled along the ground to them his eff rating would have been below 50%. He's had 48 games now and I don't see him getting many more at this club or any other. He's been badly exposed as a player who has limited skills and is very poor at reading the game and decision making. My old mate P4S prediction he will play 300 games and captain the club has been well and truly exposed today as a complete folly. Prediction now is he likely won't get to 100 games if he does it won't be at Collingwood.

The coach got smashed today in every aspect of coaching. He didn't make moves soon enough nor did he try to change things around to at least make Port think. Tactically he was thrashed more than the scoreboard showed.
Games like today enforce the theory that he talks well but can't put that talk into practise. How he left Langdon down back all day was disgraceful basically cost the team any chance of winning. 15 minutes into the first quarter the writing was on the wall they were targeting Langdon as there avenue to goal. Go read match day threads every second post by most posters in the first term was a out Langdon and his screw ups. All the supporters can see it why can't one of the coaches
WHE is one of our better marks and shots on goal yet while we're struggling offensively he refuses to play him as a forward. Makes absolute no sense.

We needed that game today to be a chance of finals. We have 9 games remaining and would need to win minimum of 6 but now with losing 5% today more likely 7 to make finals. I can see maybe 3 possibly 5 maximum but not enough to make finals so we're looking at a finishing position of 12/13th which won't give us the top line draft pick we need or show any improvement in ladder position again

The whole thing is so so gut wrenching

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Tannin wrote:

Agree. The fees game was the hinge point for the season. Fact is we are not good enough. Too many below par players and coaching is only average. List management and drafting is below standard.

Need to develop for the future and the future is not next year either. We need a proper rebuild with the draft and free agency.

DeGoey needs time in the middle. For all our midfield depth, they don't hurt the opposition. So it needs to change up.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Port knew they could get us out the back, by isolating Gray and Impey on our slow defenders. They did it last time, why not again. They pushed their defence deeper often having 2 or 3 extras, clogging our forward line and breaking from stoppages with pace into an open forward line.

I knew this would happen before the match. What was Buckley's response? He was happy to keep our forwards deep, and play the 2010 forward-pressure/territory game, which results in low-quality opportunities. This style isn't conducive to a dominant midfield, as every time the mids look up they see a crowd in the forward line. It's more conducive to rugby to be honest. Take your "inside 50's" and shove them up your ar#e Bucks.

Sure, play this game if you think it suits the opposition we're playing, and if you think we have players that can stick a tackle. Not this time. Essendon sling-shotted Port into oblivion. What do our monkey-brain coaches do? The opposite. Had enough of this sh#t. Had enough of rubbish teams like Port bending us over on our home ground without us giving a yelp. The umps alone do a good enough job of this. The truth is the game was dusted after 10mins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: