Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Outs: Brown, Crocker, Aish, Broomhead.

Ins: Mayne, Cox, Blair, Ramsay.

Yuk all round! What a crap day. Played like they were all stil on holidays. With a list so low on X factor it's galling to see:

1. Howe not given 15 minutes in forward line in his last 30 games
2. Crocker preferred ahead of Kirby
3. Hoskin Elliott not played out of the goal square once despite Elliott being out
4. Reid sent forward when we were 7 goals down
5. DeGoey not played off a half back line and told to "run Forest run"

We are so so Vanilla!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 pm

If Port are average, then we're simply sh!t.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Just for a change there are a number of Nicks Posters claiming the sky is falling down, drama queens. In truth the loss was much less and really a result of a disfunctional forward line today, we need changes at selection. I table. Crocker and Brown don't belong at the level yet, time for a spell in the resumes. Time for another look at Cox and Mayne.

Why would you look at them?? One's a 200+game player with experience and can kick goals,IF given a chance and the other is 7ft tall who would take their best defender.I'd stick with the youngsters who have NFI especially when our season is on the line. And Kale Kirby has only kicked 11 goals in 3 games so WHY T F would you want to give him a crack?? NAH!!! Stuff it .Let the Sky is falling mob suffer for another farking season.

Last edited by mudlark on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Millane42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

First out is Langdon, 2nd out Langdon, 3rd Langdon and 4th Langdon.

Jeez, the guy misses a year of footy and two weeks into his return he is completely under the gun. watch closer pal. Like Pendles (but not quite as much) the game slows down when he has the ball. He is a gem and just needs to get his touch back. At least acknowledge his vision.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:04 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Any analysis of why we lost should be confined to the first half where we had the same number of forward entries as Port, yet kicked half their score. The game was over half way through the third quarter when all the sting was out of the game.

I think the reason we lost can be traced back to the last quarter of the GWS game when Moore starred in the ruck in the last quarter and our brains trust decided that it would be a good idea to play Moore as back up ruckman for the rest of the year. Our "small" forward line worked against a Hawthorn side in rebuild mode. It worked against a thin young Brisbane side. It almost worked against a Melbourne side that had its two big guns in Gawn and Garland out.

So today we have a bean pole young gun forward in Moore who has to cover when Grundy is off the ground, against Ryder and Trengrove in the ruck and the huge Westoff playing a defensive role in the back half and a huge Dixon playing in attack. I hope everybody watching our game noticed the run of goals kicked by Port in the third quarter, occurred when Grundy went off the ground and Moore was playing in the ruck.

Well guys. You wanted a small forward line and you got it, courtesy of the coach. But wait, it only gets better. We got the return game against Melbourne with Gawn back and games against big hardened bodies against Adelaide and West Coast to come.

It need not have been like like this. Moore kicked 3.0 today as the part time full forward. Imagine what he might have kicked in the full time role at FF. Anyway look forward to having a new senior coach in 2018. Derek Hine can accompany him out the door together with our forwards coach, Brendon Sanderson.

They went to great lengths to point that out on the radio.....we are 1 big man short at least I reckon

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Jpies 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
I don't know.
The side has some talent but a lot who are ordinary.

Exactly. I know there was another "mid season review" thread, but I think today's match was a very good opportunity to look at our deficiencies. A few injuries and form lapses meant that our "middle of the road" players and young players had to play against a very good opposition. I think this match provides more guidance than any to look at where our players are at.

My main concern is that I think we are over-rating some of our players. That's not to say they aren't good enough to play AFL (well, in some cases it does), but mainly that we have expectations that they are/will be elite players when that is not the case or unlikely to be.

The players I have concerns about from their previous form and today's match are:

Broomhead: Had a few better matches before the bye, but barely impacted today. Even his form before the bye, for me, had him sitting on the brink of selection. This year is his 5th with the club. For me, he is now a known quantity and unlikely to drastically improve. Our "over-rating" of him is expecting a level of improvement to the level one would expect from a #20 draft pick.

Moore: I like Moore and think he will be a solid player. However, most people's expectations of him seem to be as an elite #1 key forward for the next decade, aka Franklin, Cloke etc. By the third year of their careers, Franklin was AA and Cloke won the Copeland. Moore is still struggling to break double digits in possessions, despite spending time up the ground/in the ruck, and to kick more than a goal or two a match. I see Moore as a second tall similar to Sam Reid/Chris Dawes and second ruckman. Still a very handy contributor. But this is problematic for the club as we really don't have any other options in the tall forward area, nor have we invested in any.

Crocker: Not up to scratch yet, and hasn't showed much that makes me think he will make the cut except his match against the Hawks last year. Pretty early in his career though, and he has time to turn it around if retained on our list (which is probably 50:50).

Hoskin-Elliott: A fan favourite on this board following an impressive debut, but for me hasn't lived up to expectations. Many expected that he would fill a Gunston type role at the Pies, and on debut that looked likely. Today, and on so many other occasions, we really needed someone to stand up as a marking option in the f50 like Gunston so often has at the Hawks. WHE hasn't convinced me that he can do that, and being in his 6th year, I'm not convinced any significant improvement will occur. Worth a spot on our list, but I think it is likely he will remain a player on the fringe of selection.

Aish: Fourth year in the AFL now, and like Broomhead, I am becoming skeptical that any drastic improvement will occur. 12 touches today, doesn't seem to have any particular explosive athleticism or strength to work from and I haven't observed him contributing to the pressure game that worked for us in the past and was used by PA today. He is often praised for his elite skills. Problem for Aish is that he doesn't get enough of the footy to use those skills. He doesn't win a lot of contested ball, and isn't quick enough to be an outside runner like Treloar. Tough to see how that situation will change.

Adams: Most people's expectations for Adams were that he would become a star player capable of AA selection. Wins a decent amount of contested ball, but as we know wastes it. This happened again today. Whether this is decision making or disposal has been debated to death on this board. But one thing is sure- he isn't playing at the level people hoped, and didn't have a big impact against a good PA team who win the ball just as well and use it better.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Donny wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Adams (93.1%) bettered that.

That -6.9% must have been his pox grubber in the first quarter across half back that got them rolling on the scoreboard.

Love to see Langdon's. Must look like Mitch Marsh's batting average...

Langdon 79.2%

I was Langdon's biggest critic at selection but really it wasn't his fault. He played better than I expected. It was the way we structure up against a much heavier Port Adelaide side. Please Collingwood, get us another tall KPP (or two). Add another 5kg of weight to Moore's frame. Same for Crocker. A forward line of Moore, Crocker, Fasolo, JDG and Elliot when fit, together with another tall key forward, will make us a much better side against the likes of Port Adelaide. Till that happens, we have no hope of beating teams like Port Adelaide.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Donny wrote:
piedys wrote:
Donny wrote:
Adams (93.1%) bettered that.

That -6.9% must have been his pox grubber in the first quarter across half back that got them rolling on the scoreboard.

Love to see Langdon's. Must look like Mitch Marsh's batting average...

Langdon 79.2%

FFS Donny! What website do those stats come from?
That would imply that perhaps 19 of his 24 possessions actually hit the desired target?
Was it the same game I was watching? Surprised

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm

E wrote:
Millane42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Jeez, the guy misses a year of footy and two weeks into his return he is completely under the gun. watch closer pal. Like Pendles (but not quite as much) the game slows down when he has the ball. He is a gem and just needs to get his touch back. At least acknowledge his vision.

You can't be f**ing serious. The game doesn't slow down, HE DOES, cos he's high on weed or Valium. Wow! He was the same pre injury. He's the opposite Sampson. He's lost his powers once he GREW his hair.

Jpies 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
E wrote:
Millane42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You can't be f**ing serious. The game doesn't slow down, HE DOES, cos he's high on weed or Valium. Wow! He was the same pre injury. He's the opposite Sampson. He's lost his powers once he GREW his hair.

I think Langdon was hard done by on this forum today. He made a couple of bad judgement calls (e.g. going third man up and leaving Gray to kick a goal), but really got stuck with a tough assignment because we had no one else. He played on a smaller, quicker player, one of the best in the comp, after coming back into AFL probably way too early, out of necessity.

I've said this so many times this year- people completely underestimate how much we are missing Sinclair. Sinclair would be the natural match up for Robbie Gray. Unfortunately, Ramsay has not performed as the natural backup for Sinclair, and we are forced to resort to makeshift options every week. When a player is as good as Robbie Gray, those don't work so well.

A few people still saying Scharenberg should have played- Sharenberg is slower than Langdon and probably would have resulted in Gray kicking 10.

edit: spelling
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:28 pm

so back from sunny alaska, had to miss the game, junior was playing in Macedon, sat there and froze my $£$%^%%$ balls off, thinking the whole time, "$£$%^%%$ hell is this coach for real? you want to switch up the midfield when your shooters just missed 8 from 12 shots on goal? change the $£$%^%%$ shooters! at least one of them, hell i could win this game with these players with my hands tied behind my back!" we got our arsed kicked by 22.

so tell me, did i miss much?

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
It's full tank mode now. We need to get as high a draft pick as possible. We need Reid from Sydney. We need SMART, front & centre players.

We're going to finish 14th, whatever we do.

This does not compute

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Jpies wrote:
I think Langdon was hard done by on this forum today....

The incident that broke me was in the third quarter; he has the ball at half forward and under no duress grubs a kick along the carpet after one of our forwards had his opponent done cold on the lead. Port took the ball up the other end for an out-the-back goal.

Two goal turn around and game over, and yibeddy yibedda, that's all folks.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:33 pm

think positive wrote:
...so tell me, did i miss much?

Yes; two hours of unnecessary anxiety you paid for in advance.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:39 pm

piedys wrote:
think positive wrote:
...so tell me, did i miss much?

Yes; two hours of unnecessary anxiety you paid for in advance.

hehe, funny, the payments came out my account yestadee!! your a mind reader!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: