Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Quote:
I haven't heard much about Burnsy as a coach, but he was always someone that flew under the covers, and immensely respected by the playing group. If it was up to me, I'd hand him the reigns until the end of the year, and then go through an exhaustive process to find the best coach.

If Bucks is replaced what makes you think that there will be an exhaustive process to find a new coach?
MM was a captain's pick.
Bucks was a captain's pick.
What's not to say that the great man calls a presser and reveals Roos (or whoever) as our next captain's pick?

I'm fearing this. Roos is a Collingwood-hating Blues supporter. I've never liked him, neither as a player or coach. He spent the last part of his career getting cheap handballs in the backline.
As a coach, he was responsible for creating an ugly spectacle of a game, to the point Demetriou challenged him publicly. His last coaching game resulted in a 100-point loss. There's better coaches around. Let's not go down that path.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Just got home. Look, Port in my view are a very good team, they are fast, decisive, clean, play in front, pacey, and rarely waste a kick. I reckon they could win the flag, in this very even season, if they finish top four, as there is no standout team. We looked flat as tacks, was it the dreaded Bye, I dunno, but we just looked lethargic, slow, no zip, even a bit distracted, just very disappointing all round. Real bad day at the Office stuff. Forget the finals, lets just play kids, daicos, etc, and Kirby, get game time into them, we have nothing to lose now. Remove the shackles of making finals, get back to basics, and play with some flair and innovation, and bring in some enthusiastic youth.

What about the coach Pnc?
what should happen to him?

On very thin ice now undoubtedly, next weeks game v the ageing dawks becomes massive for him, and the team. I must say, I really think we are missing Elliott, varcoe and wells hugely, we have nobody to break the lines. Useless bloody crows played the piss and poo right back into form. I still cant figure out how the hell we are playing the dawks so soon, after we last played em. What a weird fixture we got lumbered with. Next week is Bucks last stand, he has to give Kirby a go, and make sensible changes, like bring back Schrenberg, and give Mayne another shot at it, hes gotta be bold, I would say his future is hanging by a spiders thread, unless turn around very quickly. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:46 pm

I am still so perplexed as to why Scharenberg is playing reserves. This kid will end up going home if were not careful. Develop him in the seniors. He is either fit enough to play or he isn't but to play langdon ahead of him without any real foundation confuses the hell out of me.

Any why do we not put Cox into the team to take some pressure off the forwards. Again we brought this tall yank over and he seems to be doing ok, so why not develop him in the seniors FFS. It astounds not only me but some fairly senior commentators of this game as well.

Crocker not up to it, Brown sorry but fairytales don't cut it, he needs time to physically develop, Langdon - back to the twos to learn to kick first.

Who makes these decisions at this club, oh thats right the match committee led by the senior coach. Come on Eddie sign him up for another 2 years and watch the members stay away in droves. I hear a lot left early today, don't blame them watching that drivel. Its a circus at this club at the moment with no real future. I challenge anyone to really believe we are a genuine threat to a flag in the next 5 years. What is our first draft pick next year by the way? Do we even have one?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

looking at the draw I reckon we will be lucky to win 4 more games.
So we will probably have 8 to 10 wins at the max by the end of August.
2017 the year from Hell!!!!

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

We started the game a beaten side and ended the game a beaten side. Did not fire a single shot today, looked lethargic and disinterested and outright intimidated and scared to have a crack at the Power. Where was the dare and courage to take the game on, to run the lines and ask questions of your opponent? Where was the positive attitude to play hard and make your opponent beat you and earn their victory? We rolled over from the opening bounce and didn't give a yelp. Pathetic.

MONCO: Your life.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
We started the game a beaten side and ended the game a beaten side. Did not fire a single shot today, looked lethargic and disinterested and outright intimidated and scared to have a crack at the Power. Where was the dare and courage to take the game on, to run the lines and ask questions of your opponent? Where was the positive attitude to play hard and make your opponent beat you and earn their victory? We rolled over from the opening bounce and didn't give a yelp. Pathetic.

It was as flat as I've seen all year from us.

I think the margin flattered us in the end, because it was a pathetic effort today.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:27 pm

We're the only team to not reach 10 goals this round...again.
I truly believe some VAFA or EFL squads woul d give us a run for our money.
As a former forward, I would LOVE to play against our defence. I'd easily snag 3 front and centre goals.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm sick of hearing of the fkn dreaded bye!
Fk that! We have a bye & a week later we lose, yet when other teams come up against us after their bye - they're fresh, so which is it?

This is where we're at folks, we are shit, we are bottom 8 & are 5-6yrs away at least.

You can safely book your September holidays for the next 4yrs. Guaranteed!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

Yes,it was pathetic.And I noticed Buckley used the old Malthouse trick of praising the other side's performance,while ignoring our own woeful performance.So at least he's learned one thing from the old man.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Back to playing uninspiring unaccountable rubbish football like we have for most of this season. Kicking sideways and backwards and over using the ball only to turn it over easily. Our decision making is substandard and our skills are amateur at best. Yet another backward step in our campaign and it apparent that we're going nowhere fast. Our season looks to be over and done with and tough decisions need to be made but let's face it, they won't.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:49 pm

One more backward step in our campaign and it apparent that we're going.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:23 am

Back from the game and dinner. Today was the first time in 2017 that we were beaten by a side that is clearly superior to where we presently are at. At no stage in the game did we have any momentum and Port were clearly superior to us in all facets of the game. Their leg speed really worried us and we were chasing tail for the majority of the afternoon. Their ball use and decision making were first class and we were given a footballing lesson of how a football team should make the right decision and then execute their skills to the required high level.

In the first 12 games of 2017 we were in winning positions, but not so today, so it must be concluded that Port are a good side, and their ladder position is confirmation of this. Remember the nucleus of their side were within a kick of playing in a grand final in 2014. 13 of their 22 today played in the 2014 prelim loss to Hawthorn by 3 points. Thus, at this stage they are a far more seasoned side than we are and as one of my mates text me at half time, they were bigger, stronger and faster than us today.

Also, for those still arguing on the role of a player v the role of the coach, Hinkley was coach in 2014 when they made the prelim, with 60% of the same team that played for them today. He was also coach in 2015 and 2016 when predominantly the same team didn't make finals in either of these years. I would suggest he isn't coaching any differently in 2017 compared to the other years, and the improvement in 2017 has been driven by three key additions Ryder in the ruck, Dixon up forward and Powell-Pepper in the midfield, which allows Robbie Gray to play forward. Thus, Port is another example showing players have the major say on match day, not coaches.

In some ways the scoreboard flattered us, 28 scoring shots to 17, should have resulted in a greater losing margin. However, after quarter time it was 9.12 to them and 8.8 to us, meaning we only lost the last three quarters by 10 points.
We won two quarters for the day, the 2nd and 4th. Basically, the margin in the game occurred in two fifteen minute periods in the 1st (4 goals) and 3rd (6 goals), respectively. Thus, we kept them to three goals for the remainder of the game.

We contributed to each and every one of their first quarter goals, through extremely dumb decisions and poor skill execution. This put us behind the 8 ball for the rest of the afternoon. The third quarter goals were just very good football from the opposition.

The positives for the future this afternoon were De Goey's impact when he went into the midfield in the 2nd half. He needs to play majority midfield minutes in the last 9 games. Grundy's marking was extremely good, which is an excellent sign for the future. Langdon was better in his 2nd game back, than he was in his first game. Broomhead was very good in the first half, but faded out of the game. Moore was quiet, but stuck at it and snagged 3 as a result.

Our coach did not have any impact on this result, we were just beaten by a far superior and seasoned opposition on the day.

I find it quite disgraceful and disgusting the glee that some posters on this site show with a respect to a Collingwood loss. You should have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:31 am

bally12 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
The team today was a 'horses for courses' squad. Yeah, right!

Drops Schaz prob cos of 'speed', in favour of Mr Valium himself, Langdon. Selects a second gamer with no genuine speed in Callum Brown.

And we're meant to swallow this drivel? We're gonna put games into Brown ahead of Scharenberg? Really?!?!? And Crocke? Based on what?!?!?

No doubt we'll opt for Cox and Blair next week, proving that we still have NFI what our best 25 looks like.

It's a circus.

It might have been pretty funny for Port supporters to watch Scharenberg limping around after Gray.

Seriously, though, I assume they're just trying to look after Scharenberg by not giving him too much senior work and, frankly, we were always going to lose that game.

Who said we were going to play Shaz on Gray? The obvious Gray match-up for strength/pace was Maynard, but he didn't even get a chance. Who's our defensive coach again? That's right...Harvey. Malcolm Blight once said of Harvey he couldn't give a rats if Harvey got 50 possessions because he never ran to dangerous positions. Now he's our defensive coach..hmm. Maybe that's why we run around without purpose.

Don't know where you got that one from. Harvey was brilliant when he played against us. Maybe you were too young to notice. And our backline has been great all season thanks to him.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 am

mooretreloar wrote:

Our coach did not have any impact on this result.

Yep, the coach has had no impact for the last 6 years.
But we have payed him 6 million.
Wonderful return.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:54 am

thompsoc wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Whether you think Bucks should be coach or not I think he was spot on in the presser today. It looked like boys against men. We got bullied

This I find quite strange.
He picks Callam Brown who looks like a school kid.
We all know that PA is a strong mature side and strength will largely determine the outcome.
So why pick the skinny little kid that doesn't even has much pace.
Why not pick Mayne or god forbid Blair? Both have mature bodies.
The only reason you would pick Brown would be to get games into him.
So if you are rebuilding pick Brown and if you are wanting to get to the finals pick Mayne or Blair or some other mature body.
Bux has no strategy about anything.
Next week he will go for Cox and this is after his experiment of going for a midget forward line.
WTF is going on!

It's this simple Thompsoc. Broomhead replaced by Mayne. Greenwood replaced by Cox. Now we have a forward line which could have challenged Port Adelaide today.

A bit more pace off the backline could have helped as well so Crisp replaced by Ramsay. Scharenberg or Langdon would have made no difference. Keep playing Brown and Crocker because they are our future.

Not saying the result would have been any different but you need to give yourself the best chance of winning and the above gives you that, whereas the forwards we played today give you no chance against a team like Port Adelaide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: