Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
VFL Today
Cox 5 goals
Mayne 4 goals
Kirby 3 goals

So our Forward Line was playing in the VFL?

Yep, against a backline consisting of stars like:
Tynan, Cook, Viojo-Rainbow
Cain, Mihocek, Lange
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:36 pm

1970 wrote:
Stick a fork in this lot. Going nowhere. Will struggle to win more than a couple of games for the rest of the season because other teams are going right past them. Draft picks will be wasted on topping up again in the hope Buckley can reverse the slide next year because Ed will never accept he got it wrong. This mess won't be solved inside 10 years. What a rabble. No good unless their backs are against the wall and they have nothing to lose. As soon as they are playing for something they **** it up because they play like they are scared to fail. And that is summed up by poor skills, poor disposal, poor decision making and slow, indecisive and insipid play. The brand of footy Collingwood stands for is shit house. Games like Freo a couple of weeks ago are the exception that prove rule. They will finish 16th cos they are an awful football team.

Been going NoWhere and Backwards ever since Bucks took over

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
[quote="Dave The Man"][quote="Raw Hammer"]VFL Today
Cox 5 goals
Mayne 4 goals
Kirby 3 goals[/quote]

So our Forward Line was playing in the VFL?[/quote]

Yep, against a backline consisting of stars like:
Tynan, Cook, Viojo-Rainbow
Cain, Mihocek, Lange
When was this exactly?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:45 pm

thompsoc wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Port knew they could get us out the back, by isolating Gray and Impey on our slow defenders. They did it last time, why not again. They pushed their defence deeper often having 2 or 3 extras, clogging our forward line and breaking from stoppages with pace into an open forward line.

I knew this would happen before the match. What was Buckley's response? He was happy to keep our forwards deep, and play the 2010 forward-pressure/territory game, which results in low-quality opportunities. This style isn't conducive to a dominant midfield, as every time the mids look up they see a crowd in the forward line. It's more conducive to rugby to be honest. Take your "inside 50's" and shove them up your ar#e Bucks.

Sure, play this game if you think it suits the opposition we're playing, and if you think we have players that can stick a tackle. Not this time. Essendon sling-shotted Port into oblivion. What do our monkey-brain coaches do? The opposite. Had enough of this sh#t. Had enough of rubbish teams like Port bending us over on our home ground without us giving a yelp. The umps alone do a good enough job of this. The truth is the game was dusted after 10mins.

So do you reckon we can sign him up for anothet 2 years?

He's done Thompsoc. I thought that we had turned the corner in the last few weeks. I was back on the Bucks train but it lasted until they dropped Shaz. That showed no trust in the kid. The offers will now come for Shaz in the next trade period. Instead he trusted Crocker and Brown more. That says everything. I'd play Shaz in the ruck before I played Crocker.

We couldn't afford another display like that, and neither could Bucks. Which supporter in their right mind would want to waste an afternoon to watch that insipid crap? The stuff we served up today was lifeless and boring. Players not knowing which direction to turn..midfielders resting in the centre by walking around..forward line clogged, and our defence wide open. Gerard Healey picked up on the fact that Port were playing us man on man when defending, and instead of our midfield leaving the corridor open so we can run INTO, they were walking around and not providing options. We are a rabble.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Bucks is already auditioning for media roles, and he already knows his fate. I haven't heard much about Burnsy as a coach, but he was always someone that flew under the covers, and immensely respected by the playing group. If it was up to me, I'd hand him the reigns until the end of the year, and then go through an exhaustive process to find the best coach.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:52 pm

The team today was a 'horses for courses' squad. Yeah, right!

Drops Schaz prob cos of 'speed', in favour of Mr Valium himself, Langdon. Selects a second gamer with no genuine speed in Callum Brown.

And we're meant to swallow this drivel? We're gonna put games into Brown ahead of Scharenberg? Really?!?!? And Crocke? Based on what?!?!?

No doubt we'll opt for Cox and Blair next week, proving that we still have NFI what our best 25 looks like.

It's a circus.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Drops Schaz prob cos of 'speed', in favour of Mr Valium himself, Langdon. Selects a second gamer with no genuine speed in Callum Brown.

And we're meant to swallow this drivel? We're gonna put games into Brown ahead of Scharenberg? Really?!?!? And Crocke? Based on what?!?!?

No doubt we'll opt for Cox and Blair next week, proving that we still have NFI what our best 25 looks like.

It's a circus.

It will be the next change over for the merry go round next round.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

It's a circus.

It might have been pretty funny for Port supporters to watch Scharenberg limping around after Gray.

Seriously, though, I assume they're just trying to look after Scharenberg by not giving him too much senior work and, frankly, we were always going to lose that game.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Quote:
I haven't heard much about Burnsy as a coach, but he was always someone that flew under the covers, and immensely respected by the playing group. If it was up to me, I'd hand him the reigns until the end of the year, and then go through an exhaustive process to find the best coach.

If Bucks is replaced what makes you think that there will be an exhaustive process to find a new coach?
MM was a captain's pick.
Bucks was a captain's pick.
What's not to say that the great man calls a presser and reveals Roos (or whoever) as our next captain's pick?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

It's a circus.

It might have been pretty funny for Port supporters to watch Scharenberg limping around after Gray.

Seriously, though, I assume they're just trying to look after Scharenberg by not giving him too much senior work and, frankly, we were always going to lose that game.

Who said we were going to play Shaz on Gray? The obvious Gray match-up for strength/pace was Maynard, but he didn't even get a chance. Who's our defensive coach again? That's right...Harvey. Malcolm Blight once said of Harvey he couldn't give a rats if Harvey got 50 possessions because he never ran to dangerous positions. Now he's our defensive coach..hmm. Maybe that's why we run around without purpose.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Time to be bold and revamp the forward line, defence and midfield.

Out:Crocker, Brown, Aish, Broomhead, Phillips

In:Mayne, Kirby, Cox, Scharenberg, Ramsay

de Goey to be given more midfield time.

Maynard switched to play midfield/half forward.

X2 swoop
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:20 pm

bally12 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

It's a circus.

Who said we were going to play Shaz on Gray? The obvious Gray match-up for strength/pace was Maynard, but he didn't even get a chance. Who's our defensive coach again? That's right...Harvey. Malcolm Blight once said of Harvey he couldn't give a rats if Harvey got 50 possessions because he never ran to dangerous positions. Now he's our defensive coach..hmm. Maybe that's why we run around without purpose.

Exactly. I never said Schaz would go to Gray. That's suicide.but surely there's a place in a struggling team for a top 6 pick with brains and skill.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 pm

if they wanted pace in the backline they would of gone to oxley.

Srsly need varcoe back, and to develop a player to replace him once hes retired.
If bucks goes at seasons end, i think we should try and get heath shaw back.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Depressing performance. We looked flat from the first bounce and when the game was there for the taking, the players looked lethargic and simply going through the motions. There was no flair or ounce of risk taking throughout the match.

Port's big guys bullied us throughout the day and our smaller guys looked intimidated by them.

There's something fundamentally wrong with an aspect of the game plan if we're attaining the ball more than the opposition, yet achieving nothing with it. I wasn't impressed with our midfielders. They accumulated a large number of possessions but did very little with it.

The forward line is still a problem, and it's been exacerbated by Elliott's absence. Without him, we're very one-dimensional and present very little up options up there. Moore and Fasolo are competent, but Elliott is the difference between us kicking 15 goals instead of 10 goals in a match.

Robbie Gray killed us with his pace. Neither Goldsack or Langdon could match up with him and I'm surprised that Maynard didn't play on him for a predominant part of the match.

If history is anything to go by, it looks like our season is shot with us being 5-8, but with the evenness of the season I still remain naively optimistic that we can still make a late charge for the finals. If we lose to Hawthorn, then I think our season will be done and dusted once and for all.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Just got home. Look, Port in my view are a very good team, they are fast, decisive, clean, play in front, pacey, and rarely waste a kick. I reckon they could win the flag, in this very even season, if they finish top four, as there is no standout team. We looked flat as tacks, was it the dreaded Bye, I dunno, but we just looked lethargic, slow, no zip, even a bit distracted, just very disappointing all round. Real bad day at the Office stuff. Forget the finals, lets just play kids, daicos, etc, and Kirby, get game time into them, we have nothing to lose now. Remove the shackles of making finals, get back to basics, and play with some flair and innovation, and bring in some enthusiastic youth.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Just got home. Look, Port in my view are a very good team, they are fast, decisive, clean, play in front, pacey, and rarely waste a kick. I reckon they could win the flag, in this very even season, if they finish top four, as there is no standout team. We looked flat as tacks, was it the dreaded Bye, I dunno, but we just looked lethargic, slow, no zip, even a bit distracted, just very disappointing all round. Real bad day at the Office stuff. Forget the finals, lets just play kids, daicos, etc, and Kirby, get game time into them, we have nothing to lose now. Remove the shackles of making finals, get back to basics, and play with some flair and innovation, and bring in some enthusiastic youth.

What about the coach Pnc?
what should happen to him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: