Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Guilt trip? Manners? Or duck you!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:05 pm
Post subject: Guilt trip? Manners? Or duck you!Reply with quote

I seem to have been born with enough guilty consciousness for ten men!

Today, I ignored it. Well not really, this guy was a tool. I'm in Aldi, I have a massive trolley load, but all lanes are open. My line was fairly full, I unload one lot (claimable on tax) Wink Then I unload the second lot, and this old dude is standing there trying to eyeball me, but I don't play along. I do notice he has about 2 bags full, clearly he wants me to let him in. Now time and again I've done just that. If one lane is open, someone has just a couple of things, (or a screaming toddler!) I'll let them past. But he could have gone to any of the other three, I noticed 2 had a few people with small amounts. But no, he wants me to step aside, even though I've waited 10 minutes myself. So I don't.

This guy was an old dude, but I've had a couple of office types try it. Usually if they make it obvious, I just won't budge, but I've done it countless times, I've even handed over a few dollars for little old ladies who fall short.

And then there is crossing the road! Do you stop if you don't have to? If it's you crossing, do you wave or lip sync Thankyou? I do. And if someone doesn't, IVe actually opened the window and said, no worries mate, my pleasure, have a nice day! If your in a car park, it's raining, the poor bugger outside is getting wet, so I generally give way wether I should or not. But acknowledgement is nice!

I've always believed as much as you might complain about shitty service, speak up about the good. ( I never bitched at the school gate, I fronted the headmaster every time! I'm sure he loved me for it!) At the Hoover dam I waited til the guide was free and thanked him, explaining I'd lost my hearing aide, but I understood every word he said as he spoke so clearly. He was quite taken aback, and very grateful, as he said he too had struggled with tour guides so he made the effort to speak clearly.

The Truckee who came away with us commented on the lack of road rage, and the way they do the zipper even in the mad LA traffic, (I did point out you don't know if the other driver has a gun or not!), I had a dickhead zoom past me in peak traffic today, and gain oh about 10 sec on me! Who could be bothered!

Manners, and a friendly word someone's way cost nothing, why don't more people spend it?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is in a rush and manners go out the door whether it's whilst they walk or drive/ride. I'm always conscious about my manners but I tell you most of the time when I hold a door open for someone (male and female) there is not even a thank you a smile, geez a "fck you" would be good, least it's an acknowledgement. I had one woman once say to me, "do I look hopeless"? needless to say I closed the door on her. We walk to buy coffee in the morning and I might see 20 people get their coffee, most just pay and go and there is no thank you. Those of us who have manners and show respect always get the better service. The guy wanting to push in, well I would just go slower and really piss him off. Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 am

Hehe yeah I get that!

True about the ThankYOUs also, sad really. Saw a pic on Facebook with a coffee shop sign, something like 'coffee with a please $3 coffee with a please and a hello $2 just coffee $5!

Cheers and ThankYOU 😇

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 am

Saw that too, lol We are a dying generation. Technology means you can close yourself off to the rest of the world. Reality is you do not really need to leave home unless you have to work and at the moment I can work from home if I need too. Less and less human contact. Simply things like paying in cash are contact, no you swipe and go.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 am

We live in the age of entitlement.
Why should people say "thank you" or show respect for others when it's all about them?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 am

Just a word of warning for my good fellow Nicksters.

TP is a really nice person. Trust me on this. She has many fine qualities.

Do not be misled by her performance at Aldi: that was perfectly justified; any of us would have done the same; and few of us would have bothered to feel even slightly guilty about it. (Besides, the tool who wanted to go first was too clueless to know Rule Shopping Queue: if you have enough stuff to need a bag, wait your turn. Your free queue pass is only valid if you can hold all your items in your hands.)

So, as I was saying, a top-class person. However, good Nicksters, she has a fatal character flaw which it's as well to be warned about. I'd better give you the details so that you don't get caught out. TP has an imaginary hearing aid. She's always talking about it and apologising for having "left it at home" or "forgotten to bring it with her", or any of a thousand other excuses.

Don't be taken in. It's all lies. TP doesn't have a hearing aid, has never had a hearing aid, and firmly intends never to get one. The one she talks about is completely imaginary. It's best to just go along with the lie and pretend you believe it, otherwise she may become distressed and violent.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:31 am

That's not gonna end well, Tannin.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 am

Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Tannin wrote:

Do not be misled by her performance at Aldi: that was perfectly justified; any of us would have done the same; and few of us would have bothered to feel even slightly guilty about it. (Besides, the tool who wanted to go first was too clueless to know Rule Shopping Queue: if you have enough stuff to need a bag, wait your turn. Your free queue pass is only valid if you can hold all your items in your hands.)

So, as I was saying, a top-class person. However, good Nicksters, she has a fatal character flaw which it's as well to be warned about. I'd better give you the details so that you don't get caught out. TP has an imaginary hearing aid. She's always talking about it and apologising for having "left it at home" or "forgotten to bring it with her", or any of a thousand other excuses.

Don't be taken in. It's all lies. TP doesn't have a hearing aid, has never had a hearing aid, and firmly intends never to get one. The one she talks about is completely imaginary. It's best to just go along with the lie and pretend you believe it, otherwise she may become distressed and violent.

Hehehe actually I believe on one of my visits to you, I had it with me but the battery was conveniently flat! But yeah I'll wear that one, I'm not terribly fond of the technology!

It does sound good though doesn't it? 'I lost my hearing aid, in San Francisco!'
Cmon you samg it didn't you!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6DUwMnDxEs Smile
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm

think positive wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Hehehe actually I believe on one of my visits to you, I had it with me but the battery was conveniently flat! But yeah I'll wear that one, I'm not terribly fond of the technology!

It does sound good though doesn't it? 'I lost my hearing aid, in San Francisco!'
Cmon you samg it didn't you!

Gloryhole?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:37 pm

somewhere between pier 39 and the submarine actually!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 pm

think positive wrote:

I guess sailors aren't shy then.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm

This thread is progressing nicely. Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 pm

swoop42 wrote:
think positive wrote:

I guess sailors aren't shy then.

No but they all had peg legs and rainbow singlets on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: