Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a hypocritical Country!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Nothing like seeing Drunken Aussies crash on a scooter. No helmets, only shorts and thongs. All grewesone as my first aid kicked in. Waiting for the ambo I asked one of them if they had travel insurance? No was the reply. I said, you best contact your family to get flown home ASAP or have $20k available as you are severely injured.

Travel insurance costs stuff all.

Been a few lately who had travel insurance but didn't have a valid Australian motorbike licence so not covered!

Latest one was in Thailand

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/thousands-raised-for-troy-markides-to-return-to-australia-after-horror-thailand-accident/news-story/9c29c2fe18f30efff75c8e4df96be3cb

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:24 pm

This happens all the time here. All the time. In many cases the rider is inexperienced, no helmet. drunk, on drugs, and the alpha male "I must ride, I am man" to pillion passenger.

What also is little known is the owner of the bike will be after compensation and so will whomever or whatever it hit. Even if not injured if you owe money you may be detained at the airport. The unwritten law here is "If you not come here, Thai not hit you".

Travel insurance is iffy at best. Even health insurance. You have preexisting condition when I have blood clots was an example and I still owe 10 grand. I broke my arm getting on a boat. Not covered, boat owner to pay. (Never going to happen). The only time I got anything back was when a dog bit me. And that was from owner of dog when I threatened to call police.

This go fund me trend is a worry. It is a bit like this bint Cocaine Cassie. Let others raise money for my dofence. If you are on a small island you do not need a scooter to get anywhere. Walk. Use local transport. Hire a bycycle.

Now before I hear he had travel insurance etc the policies clearly state what activities are not covered

Can you imagine the outcry on here if one of our players did this and ended his footy career. The fault would be in no particular order Buckley, Nathan, Figjam, Bucks, Eddie, Pert, and Hine.

I see 12 year old kids riding motorbikes every day with no licence, training or helmets. So how the bloody hell is a tourist going to forsee all the things they do. No indicators, lane swerving, wrong ways, straight through intersections. The DFAT warnings say don't do it. They are right. 20000 people die a year on Thai roads and those are the ones that are dead on the road. Dying in hospitals do not count. If you need a scooter to get 2 kms to the party scene every night then are clearly a dickhead for picking that resort. If you want to explore do it with a group or on bycycle or foot. Thais will ride 100 metres rather than walk to pick up a can of beer or an icecream. The roads are not good and not maintained and in rainy season treacherous.

When I stayed in Koh Chang we were talking to some othe people at the resort who had motor bikes. They had not noticed after 7 days a troop of monkeys at the end of the street and were not aware that for less than a dollar you could get a runabout ride across the bay to the seafood restaurants in the village that took half the time of the motorbike and would pick you up at the restaurant and saved you the 300 metre or so walk along the jetty.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:51 pm

ronrat wrote:
This happens all the time here. All the time. In many cases the rider is inexperienced, no helmet. drunk, on drugs, and the alpha male "I must ride, I am man" to pillion passenger.

What also is little known is the owner of the bike will be after compensation and so will whomever or whatever it hit. Even if not injured if you owe money you may be detained at the airport. The unwritten law here is "If you not come here, Thai not hit you".

Although if you're the Thai owner of Redbull than you can have a MVA & fly out of their in your own private jet.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 pm

think positive wrote:
Gees what was the injury?? That's awful. Cant believe people don't get the insurance, madness
some have insurance but riding a scooter isn't covered. These twats had nothing. Worse one is broken leg, mid shin and bone through the skin. Bleeding heavily, I did what I could with what I had around me. He a couple of nasty gashes, one to the head. The leg was the problem. Lucky he was drunk as when that wears off he will be in excruciating pain. The others all cuts and abrasions. I'm heading there later to see how they are.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Culprit wrote:
think positive wrote:
Gees what was the injury?? That's awful. Cant believe people don't get the insurance, madness
some have insurance but riding a scooter isn't covered. These twats had nothing. Worse one is broken leg, mid shin and bone through the skin. Bleeding heavily, I did what I could with what I had around me. He a couple of nasty gashes, one to the head. The leg was the problem. Lucky he was drunk as when that wears off he will be in excruciating pain. The others all cuts and abrasions. I'm heading there later to see how they are.

Ewwww god yuk they were lucky you were there! Nice of you to go see them too. When I was there I wa astounded by the bikes and riders, no way I'd do it, there is no road rules!

Our recent trip I triple checked, prexisting condition noted, got the cruise and adventure pack in case we slid down a glacier! It was only $479 top cover for just over 4 weeks. And I got $279 back for my TSA damaged suitcase. I sent in the tag with RRP couldn't find the receipt and they paid the lot. My daughter got it on special for me but they apparently pay replacement value! I bought a bigger one the same model on run out and a lock for the damaged one! Just needs a patch and some glue!

Just bought another policy off of them for Hawaii. Crazy not to make sure your covered, no matter where you go.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Organised chaos on the roads here. Family and friends are raising the cash to get them back home. It was their first trip away and the first day in Bali. They appreciated my assistance as did their family who have contacted me a few times.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
Organised chaos on the roads here. Family and friends are raising the cash to get them back home. It was their first trip away and the first day in Bali. They appreciated my assistance as did their family who have contacted me a few times.

bloody hell poor kids!

well done mate!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:09 pm

It's going to end up costing around $27,000.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 pm

^

Ouch, Expensive life lesson.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Shit. Ah well, as long as he makes a full recovery and is still breathing, it's only money. But ouch.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Lucky it was a clean break. Mum offered to give me some money for being on the scene and giving assistance straight away. I refused and said as long as he is OK. They will keep me up to date.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Culprit wrote:
Lucky it was a clean break. Mum offered to give me some money for being on the scene and giving assistance straight away. I refused and said as long as he is OK. They will keep me up to date.

Good stuff there.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 pm

I'm walking about 12km's a day and the things I see. Today's fun was two drunken Australians with Bintangs in hand arguing about something. The bottles smashed on the ground and it was on. Punches thrown everywhere but none hitting. The sweat was building up and they were stuffed within two minutes. I said, "right, now you have that out of your system you guys can pick up all the broken glass". They told me to, "**** off". My reply, "I've seen you guys attempt to fight and I have seen better punches at a junior football match between the mothers, if you don't want me to embarrass both of you I suggest you pick up the glass". They looked at me, I'm in runners ready to go and I must have looked to big to handle so they apologized and picked up the glass. I said well done, now let's go get a beer and we did. They were cousins, doh!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Good stuff there, but you need to watch out for the punch to the head if you turn your back. I would have just kept walking personally, but if they thought you were too big to handle at around 5'10' in heels................ Wink
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 am

For sure Stui, my judgement if the situation was pretty good. Normally I don't intervene. These two reminded me of Abbott and Costello.
Been a few snatch and grabs on the street. One Tourist was knocked down by a scooter and had his iPhone 7 stolen. Witnesses got the rego, he was caught. 14 years old an on full display to the media. No jail, they have a system to deal with young offenders to help them. They say the shame of him being on display is punishment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: