Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nulla wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
love the 2 feet

On another note, last night confirmed to me that Didak is the best left footed right kick I've seen!

left, left... left, right, left!
left, left... left, right, left!

Cool

And there is no sign of any hesitation when electing to kick on right

he is a star

Reckon he's the best user in the comp. A couple of others who go close, but I'd have Didak ahead of 'em.

thompsoc wrote:
It's the young brigade that is coming thru! Keep them coming!!!!!

Here you go, from the man himself:

Mr Malthouse wrote:
They're the pleasing things and we've got another couple of kids that I think will feature in the next half a dozen weeks.

SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 pm

By what Malthouse said i wouldn't be surprised if someone makes his debut as he likes to do it on Anzac Day. But hopefully he doesn't as there is no need to wreck a winning team but we will need a full forward.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

sq3 wrote:
This kid is really something special and is very much in the GA jr class as he can just impose him self on a game and come up with quality posession when required.

please tell me you're not comparing him to Gary Ablett Jr?

That is the best one I've heard since Brereton compared Aaron James to Carey Laughing Laughing

talwin 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 pm

hes not in abletts class.... but game style and skill with possesion is similar.. u never know...... could b anything this kid.. but id prefer a judd anyone know where we get one of them from???
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 pm
Post subject: SidebottomReply with quote

The GB votes confirm that this young man was among the Pies best 4 yesterday, which seems to me an incredible performance from a kid in his second year with a mere 35 games under his belt.

I thought he was a good kid with a promising future til yesterday, probably a step behind Beams. I was wrong. He's now officially a factor.

I hope the players don't read this board, but if they do - you are a bloody star in the making, Sidey !

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 pm

I've been impressed with him ever since he came to the club. He always puts in a massive effort. I don't want to put Beams down, but I've considered Sidebottom quite a bit ahead of him for most of the past two years, just goes a lot harder.

As with Daisy, Sidebottom's only issue is at times disappointing disposal. But his gut-running, defensive efforts, and most impressively ability to win the contested ball (rarely went to ground, and often won the ball yesterday, under enormous pressure from bigger bodies) are well above what you'd expect from a 19 year old. One of the smartest players at the club as well.

His efforts in big games, for someone so young, have truly been remarkable.

Scotch 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 pm
Post subject: Re: SidebottomReply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
The GB votes confirm that this young man was among the Pies best 4 yesterday, which seems to me an incredible performance from a kid in his second year with a mere 35 games under his belt.

I thought he was a good kid with a promising future til yesterday, probably a step behind Beams. I was wrong. He's now officially a factor.

I hope the players don't read this board, but if they do - you are a bloody star in the making, Sidey !

Hehehe, I think if the players ever read this board, they would have stopped a while ago Razz.

But yes his definitely the real deal. I just hope he plays more of a crumbing role next week cause we're going to need it. At least from watching on TV it seemed he played a more outside midfielder type role yesterday.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm

He is a big time player. Now I understand how he kicked 10 goals in the TAC Cup grand final a few years back. He is a gem, and does everything with a smile as well.

In fact that is probably the key. In the really big games when others are all tensed up, Sidebottom remains relaxed and performs as per normal. He shows the mental strength we are going to require next Saturday.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:57 pm

jack_spain wrote:
He is a big time player. Now I understand how he kicked 10 goals in the TAC Cup grand final a few years back. He is a gem, and does everything with a smile as well.

In fact that is probably the key. In the really big games when others are all tensed up, Sidebottom remains relaxed and performs as per normal. He shows the mental strength we are going to require next Saturday.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

If you look at our best players yesterday, all share a very similar "happy go lucky" personality.

Heath is about as jovial as they come, Daisy is just a fun loving kid, and Sidebottom smiles more on a footy field then Brad Johnson.

I hope some of their team mates take a leaf out of their book and look at the game for what it is, a chance to play in front of 100,000 people and enjoy playing the game you love with your mates.
Melsa5 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Doesn't he love a GF! He was sensational yesterday and was in everything.

Hopefully he settles the likes of Beamer down, loved his work yesterday.

He had no fear, absolutely no fear!
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Sidey was brilliant yesterday. This is a kid who loves his football, you can see it on his face. Like Jack_Spain says "He is a gem, and does everything with a smile".

I was absolutely bloody rapt with Sidey yesterday, to play like that on that stage, was terrific. Well done Steele.

Go the Pies
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

There's a lot of Daisy in Sidey. Big game players, who give 100 %, and who ooze class.
sq3 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

This kid is one of the best skilled players that I have seen for a long time.

Reminds me a lot of a Paul Morwood who was very highly skilled on both sides of the body at a very young age.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Big game player, maybe he can p!ss in Leon Davis Gatorade and get neon to fire up next week.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 pm

He just loves it. You can see it in his face. Always smiling and really steps up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 2 of 76   

Jump to: