Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very serious.

Around 5:22 on in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuGU2rBQYk
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:27 am
Post subject: SidebottomReply with quote

He’s a major reason for our slump. As a senior player he is woeful this year can’t stick a tackle, brain fades, gives away frees and always arguing with the umps. Poor decision making and no leadership- bad in 2018 GF. Not contributing to scoring with assists or goals. I saw Bartel in 2011 pull the cats over the line with his desperation- sidey severely lacking this leadership when we need it the most. 2018 was his best year 2019 could be his worst
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:30 am

Go back to my posts 5years ago.
Has no leadership qualities. Is s down hill skier. Flukey at best. Is the catalyst of bad club form.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:01 am

Nèeds to go forward back or out.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 am

I agree. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Grundy need to be dropped, now, for team balance.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am

Keeps getting labelled as 'elite' but I don't see why. Yes, he does do some flukey stuff and can kick a goal but coughs the ball up time and time again with high up and under helicopter kicks. One of many who needs a kick up the arse.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I agree. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and Grundy need to be dropped, now, for team balance.

We should trade all three while they still have trade currency. These three are holding back the development of our young guns in he VFL!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 am

WarreneraW: He’s one of our 3 best players. He’s won our last two best and fairest s and he was the best player in last year’s finals series, according to the AFL, despite a poor Grand Final. We have a team full of guys who are much, much better than Sidebottom - that is why we should drop him. I think we all know that Varcoe is a 50% better footballer than Sidebottom and we all want to see him running the wing, instead.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:29 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

We should trade all three while they still have trade currency. These three are holding back the development of our young guns in he VFL!

We should just offload them for late secondrounders. They’re weighing down our list. Especially Grundy - players like him are a dime a dozen. We should just get him out of the side and bring back Ceglar. That’d save a whole lot of salary cap that we could use to get Franklin, Fyfe and Betts.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:42 am

buckley is telling the mids to run back into defense to help them out!

even treloar has said public hes been working on his defensive running all year and its 1000 times better.

That means when we have ball in hand our mids are out of gas or dont wanna run forward and spread into the forward line.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 am

It's not that they don't want to run forward or spread into the forward line... it's that they look up and there are no options to kick to. Zero. Because of the opposition press. It was like watching a game of soccer crossed with rugby and little league last night, I swear there were a few times every single player was running with the ball. I watched our mids closely, and I could see Sidey looking up, looking for options -- and there were none. You could almost hear him thinking, "will someone $£$%^%%$ move and create!!"

Hawthorn ran harder, both ways, and pressed us. Same as North. Same as the Dogs. We tried to counter that last night by hugging the boundary, but that just made it worse. Especially when we couldn't hold marks.

Are we a warm weather team? Should we relocate to the Gold Coast where it's not so cold and damp? We seem to be struggling this winter, we're fumbly and slipping
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Oh dear, it’s going to be a long week on Nicks.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Dunno why, but there are a few who have hated Sidebottom and not rated him for his entire career. Did he run over their dogs?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:53 pm

^ Around 20th all-time for games played for Collingwood - they've had plenty of time to warm up, haven't they? Meanwhile, his stats have been terrible - after winning the last two Copelands, his figures suggest that he might be right back where he was in 2016, when he only placed third in our B&F (and was, of course, being bagged relentlessly). Time to trade him and Fasolo as a package to Essendon for a late third-rounder - oh, wait....
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Sideanus can't handle physical pressure or a tag. Maybe we need to move him closer to goal and swap him with someone else. He seems content to just throw it on the boot and hope for the best. Struggles to break the lines and use the ball effectively.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 31 of 76   

Jump to: