Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^I just hope the next coach, whomever he may be, gets a better go than what Bucks has from some on here, which goes back some years now, the bitching and moaning. No doubt if the poor bastard slips up a bit within two years of taking over, the same posters will be out in force demanding he be replaced, a s a p. Its a monty.

Nah sorry, most of us were still on the train til 2014/15 at least. It was intl 2016 for me when I thought, Nup, too many excuses. He's had plenty of time, and most of us realise we need to do done good trades to complete the team. I don't think our team is as bad as 15th, I think we are playing that way. I've seen the good stuff. It's just too patchy.

Perhaps you were TP, but others had him in the gun ages ago, well before you. As I say, just hope our next coach gets treated better by some, but woe betide him, if he makes a few errors early in his tenure, he will be crucified by the usual suspects, mark my words. ! Rolling Eyes

cheers mate, fair enough. the messaih could come long and win three straight flags and someone will whinge he didnt play (insert name of choice!!)

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

think positive wrote:

Nah sorry, most of us were still on the train til 2014/15 at least. It was intl 2016 for me when I thought, Nup, too many excuses. He's had plenty of time, and most of us realise we need to do done good trades to complete the team. I don't think our team is as bad as 15th, I think we are playing that way. I've seen the good stuff. It's just too patchy.

Clearly losing Elliot and Swan in 2016 had less impact than the coach /S

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The scary thing about this season is that the team has 12 players who have played at least 15 of the 16 games but has still only won 6 games. The 12 players are Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, WHE, Crisp, Maynard, Howe, Fasolo, Goldsack and Moore. Of the others, only Wells, Langdon, Elliott, Reid, Varcoe have missed significant numbers of games because of injury.

Our ruckman is on track to have over 800 hitouts this season (Len Thompson's most hitouts in a season was 505 and Grundy already has 589 from 16 games this game). Our top 4 midfielders average 116 disposals per game between them. The team averages 406 disposals per game.

The team is getting its hands on the ball often enough and has mostly been able to field its "best" players on the park most weeks.

The players are plainly "playing for the coach" and most of the important ones have been doing so almost every week. Even so, the results are staggeringly bad.

No injury excuses, no player-form excuses. This year, it is even more obvious than it has been in recent years that Collingwood's style of play just cannot win enough games of footy.

That is why it is time to pull the pin.

Yep, nothing but the truth right there!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Mugwump I posed this question a while ago.
Do the players love Nathan Buckley the legendary player or coach ?
To me it's hard for some to separate the 2. Buckley the player is Collingwood royalty likely in the greatest 2 or 3 to ever wear black and white and the players would be very aware of his place in our history
Do they or can they separate the 2 ?
I've said it many times Buckley hasn't lost the players I believe they are trying very hard to follow the plans the coach sets out
It's the plan I think is flawed

Mal Michael FB
Leppitsch CHB
Voss, Power, Johnson, Simon Black, Notting, Akermanis, Scott brothers, Lappin, etc. Mids
Jonathan Brown CHF
Alister Lynch FF

I defy any coach to come up with a losing game plan for this team.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
To me it's hard for some to separate the 2. Buckley the player is Collingwood royalty likely in the greatest 2 or 3 to ever wear black and white and the players would be very aware of his place in our history
I've said it many times Buckley hasn't lost the players I believe they are trying very hard to follow the plans the coach sets out

Mal Michael FB
Leppitsch CHB
Voss, Power, Johnson, Simon Black, Notting, Akermanis, Scott brothers, Lappin, etc. Mids
Jonathan Brown CHF
Alister Lynch FF

Depends how you look at it; Mal Michael, well we had first dibs on him and choose to trade, what did we get for him BTW? Lynch, plenty were saying he was washed up when the clubs merged, his longevity was, cough cough, incredible, Leppitsch, pretty good not great....

That being said, J. Brown and the mids probably could have won flags with 2 players short

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Mal Michael FB
Leppitsch CHB
Jonathan Brown CHF
Alister Lynch FF

Depends how you look at it; Mal Michael, well we had first dibs on him and choose to trade, what did we get for him BTW? Lynch, plenty were saying he was washed up when the clubs merged, his longevity was, cough cough, incredible, Leppitsch, pretty good not great....

That being said, J. Brown and the mids probably could have won flags with 2 players short

Michael and pick 22 were sent to Brisbane for Pick 44 and Jarrod Molloy. Pick 44 (which subsequently became Josh Hunt) was sent to Geelong in a straight swap for Carl Steinfort...

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^I just hope the next coach, whomever he may be, gets a better go than what Bucks has from some on here, which goes back some years now, the bitching and moaning. No doubt if the poor bastard slips up a bit within two years of taking over, the same posters will be out in force demanding he be replaced, a s a p. Its a monty.

Blindly accepting 6 years of decline to be nice to Buckley is not an option for what was once the greatest sporting club in Australia. Why do you want this mediocrity to be endorsed? Because you liked this bloke as a player? This bleeding heart crap is what's wrong with this club. We need to get ruthless again - be Collingwood - be hated - and get a decent coach!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Blindly accepting 6 years of decline to be nice to Buckley is not an option for what was once the greatest sporting club in Australia. Why do you want this mediocrity to be endorsed? Because you liked this bloke as a player? This bleeding heart crap is what's wrong with this club. We need to get ruthless again - be Collingwood - be hated - and get a decent coach!

Yes, come in spinner, and no doubt YOU will be first in line to crucify the new coach too, if he slips up just once, in a very short period of time, Bucks has copped shit from the likes of you for ages, ages, just about ever since he took over. No doubt you will sink the boot into the new coach pronto, should he make very few errors, types like you just love doing that, the brave keyboard warrior brigade. I'm putting you on ignore, your are exactly the type of so called fan I cannot abide, don't bother replying I wont see your wimpy post. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Is it bleeding heart crap not just liking this bloke but worshipping the bloke? I did and still do. Nothing at at all changes anything to me. Also to say he's not a decent coach because till now he's failing at Collingwood doesn't mean he couldn't be a brilliant coach at another club. Plenty of coaches have failed at one club and succeeded at another.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:51 pm

^^^
Noone has failed for 6 years is the big difference.
Everyone else has had at least 1 year where they improved the number of Wins. Buckley stands alone with 6 years of declining Ws
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, come in spinner, and no doubt YOU will be first in line to crucify the new coach too, if he slips up just once, in a very short period of time, Bucks has copped shit from the likes of you for ages, ages, just about ever since he took over. No doubt you will sink the boot into the new coach pronto, should he make very few errors, types like you just love doing that, the brave keyboard warrior brigade. I'm putting you on ignore, your are exactly the type of so called fan I cannot abide, don't bother replying I wont see your wimpy post. Rolling Eyes

I wasn't on this site until Buckley was in his fifth year so I and most others have not been calling for his replacement until the club had hit rock bottom. I care about the club not one individual.
It's a good conversation isnt it, until someone doesn't agree with you, then it's bat - ball - home. Boo hoo
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm

I wonder what some would think of this coaching record:

After H&A.
Code:

Season 1:  5/16, Wins: 12
Season 2: 12/16, Wins:  9
Season 3:  9/16, Wins: 11
Season 4: 12/16, Wins:  7
Season 5:  4/16, Wins: 15
Season 6:  6/16, Wins: 12
Season 7: 10/16, Wins: 10

Sure there a few seasons with finals, but certainly nothing terribly impressive on numbers alone in seven years of coaching. A little under 50% win/loss record.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
I wasn't on this site until Buckley was in his fifth year so I and most others have not been calling for his replacement until the club had hit rock bottom.

If you weren't on here until Buckley was in his fifth year then you weren't around to see who, or how many, were on his case from day one. I can see that it might be hard to seperate those people from some, like yourself, who joined later and have only ever been anti-Buckley.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
I wonder what some would think of this coaching record:

After H&A.
Code:

Season 1:  5/16, Wins: 12
Season 2: 12/16, Wins:  9
Season 3:  9/16, Wins: 11
Season 4: 12/16, Wins:  7
Season 5:  4/16, Wins: 15
Season 6:  6/16, Wins: 12
Season 7: 10/16, Wins: 10

Sure there a few seasons with finals, but certainly nothing terribly impressive on numbers alone in seven years of coaching. A little under 50% win/loss record.

That is a vastly better record than Bucks. Lifted the Ws on a couple of occasions which gives an indication he may be able to coach. Bucks has given no such indication.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Agreed ! We must return to been the dirtiest players in the game.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 47 of 101   

Jump to: