Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically what you're saying is - that you're happy to have Bucks baby sat and parachuted into a premiership winning formula, because Bucks is a dude and a legend of the club so no matter what it takes we're going to put this specific individual over all else so we can all give each other a reach around?

I mean that's what it sounds like to me.... imo, and I'm yet to be proven wrong, the guy has been a dud from day one...

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Buck's new nickname is VIPoo as his shit doesn't stink according to some.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:15 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Buck's new nickname is VIPoo as his shit doesn't stink according to some.

If Bucks gets another contract extension you can 100% put it down to another Captains call from Eddie - you can bank that.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm more confident than ever that Bucks will get a contract extension, but there will be some serious changes of management and footy department personnel to come at the end of the year. Clearly several of them should have left the club when Malthouse departed, to allow Bucks to have a clean slate to work with. But better late than never. The whole culture around the club needs improving and that can only happen by moving several people out.

I just hope that when Bucks gets his contract extension that all of his knockers on Nicks will put their negative feelings behind them and get behind Bucks and the team. Side by Side!

I will, for one. In order to do so, I may need to become a Lions supporter but, hey, I'll get over it one way or the other.
ROB 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm
Post subject: Re: A close examination of the facts behind Collingwood's woReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
We all know our team has performed poorly in terms of wins/losses, and many people it seems, are quick to lay the blame for this at the feet of our coach, Nathan Buckley. Of course, he must bear some responsibility, but a closer examination of the the facts suggest a number of key organisational and management issues are chiefly responsible for our declining fortunes of late. Even if you don't agree with it all (and I don't), it's a pretty well balanced and insightful article.

https://sportingchancemag.com/its-not-all-black-and-white-with-buckley-412cd7ba1802

Excellent objective article. I note this passage "After just 129 games into his coaching career, Buckley has won more games than Alistair Clarkson, Mark Thompson and (perhaps most importantly) Mick Malthouse at the same stage of their coaching careers." which would seem to be at odds to many posters opinions of his performance as being the worst of any coach forever etc...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm

He's not the "worst of any coach forever" - he's just a little bit useless, not epoch-defining useless.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 pm
Post subject: Re: The coaching dilemmaReply with quote

madman wrote:
The coaching dilemma (if this has been done to death & people are sick of talking about our coach, just delete it)

These are my thoughts, I would like to hear other people’s thoughts & opinions.

1. If Nathan Buckley is given a new contract to coach @ Collingwood next year (which I hope he is) – I would like to see the club go down the same route as what Richmond did last year, obviously by keeping the head coach & hiring a new lot of assistance coaches. It has worked okay for Richmond this year, this is the approach I hope Collingwood takes.

2. If Nathan Buckley isn’t given a new coaching contract, the 2 coaches I hope they go after are:

• My first preference is Mark Thompson – he is an experienced premiership coach, has the runs on the board. Having listened to him talk a bit on the tv show “360” he is very impressive with his knowledge on the game and the internal running’s of a club.

Also, he has been through a similar situation as to what Buckley is going through now, regarding the club review.

My only apprehension is, is he scarred from what he had to go through at Essendon, having listened to him on “360”, it still sounds like the drug saga still weighs heavily
On his shoulders & he is not totally over it.

• My second preference is Paul Roos – another very good premiership coach. Although he never coached Melbourne to great heights, he taught them how to defend & not get blown out every game, as they had in previous years. Melbourne are starting to look like a pretty good team now, which most thanks would have to be attributed to Paul Roos for putting the building blocks in place.
But does he still have the desire to coach, as he stated in the past that doesn’t want to coach again. Never say never.

• I know a few other teams have done well with first time coaches, but I think Collingwood needs an experienced coach, if Buckley isn’t @ Collingwood next year.
Smile

New assistant coaches have come and gone in the last six years. Ask yourself, what is the one constant in the football department since MM left the club?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Pendlebury. Must be his fault.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Was Swans, then Clokes and so the baton has passed.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Should have kept Scott Embury and traded Pendles. Embury was BOG in a winning GF. What's Pendles ever done?
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:53 am
Post subject: Re: A close examination of the facts behind Collingwood's woReply with quote

ROB wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We all know our team has performed poorly in terms of wins/losses, and many people it seems, are quick to lay the blame for this at the feet of our coach, Nathan Buckley. Of course, he must bear some responsibility, but a closer examination of the the facts suggest a number of key organisational and management issues are chiefly responsible for our declining fortunes of late. Even if you don't agree with it all (and I don't), it's a pretty well balanced and insightful article.

https://sportingchancemag.com/its-not-all-black-and-white-with-buckley-412cd7ba1802

Excellent objective article. I note this passage "After just 129 games into his coaching career, Buckley has won more games than Alistair Clarkson, Mark Thompson and (perhaps most importantly) Mick Malthouse at the same stage of their coaching careers." which would seem to be at odds to many posters opinions of his performance as being the worst of any coach forever etc...

Clarksons coaching record reads: Year 1 , 5 wins year 2, 9 wins, year 3, 14 wins year 4 20 wins and a flag. Thompson made a preliminary final in year 5 which he lost by 9 points then won an elimination final in year 6 by 50 points then lost a semi by 3 points at the SCG. Buckley won 17 games in his first year taking over a team that had win 22 the previous year. They now have not played finals for 4 years and have been irrelevant in the competition, out of contention in July. Buckley has the worst 6 year coaching record ever in terms of constant DECLINE in performance every year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Should have kept Scott Embury and traded Pendles. Embury was BOG in a winning GF. What's Pendles ever done?

ONLY been one of our best ever players, FMD, even after six Jim Beams, I can see that. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 am

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

ONLY been one of our best ever players, FMD, even after six Jim Beams, I can see that. Razz

Yes - but perhaps after six Jim Beams your ability to discern irony and sarcasm might have been slightly dulled. Wink
ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
ROB wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Clarksons coaching record reads: Year 1 , 5 wins year 2, 9 wins, year 3, 14 wins year 4 20 wins and a flag. Thompson made a preliminary final in year 5 which he lost by 9 points then won an elimination final in year 6 by 50 points then lost a semi by 3 points at the SCG. Buckley won 17 games in his first year taking over a team that had win 22 the previous year. They now have not played finals for 4 years and have been irrelevant in the competition, out of contention in July. Buckley has the worst 6 year coaching record ever in terms of constant DECLINE in performance every year.

Did you read the rest of the article pointing out how the turbulence in the football department and other areas of the club probably effected the results on the ground then include injuries to key players and the inexperienced list. All I, and many others are saying is that there is more to this than just Bucks at fault.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 am

ROB wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
ROB wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Did you read the rest of the article pointing out how the turbulence in the football department and other areas of the club probably effected the results on the ground then include injuries to key players and the inexperienced list. All I, and many others are saying is that there is more to this than just Bucks at fault.

I don't think anyone accepts that it is all Buckley's fault, but because the decline in performance occurred on Buckley's watch, sacrifices have to be made for the sake of club unity going forward. You would therefore expect that if Buckley doesn't leave, a multitude of others will. Most time though in the history of footy clubs, it's the coach who goes in these situations, club legend or not.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 50 of 101   

Jump to: