Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
From an article in the HUN

"Key defender Tyson Goldsack said coach Nathan Buckley was in the coaching form of his career and endorsed his continuing tenure."

You know what maybe I have misjudged Bucks all this time.

Maybe he just has 45 dumb arses on the list that just don't get it.........

LOL!!

Back bucks 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Here is an idea i will throw at you.

Why not have 2 coaches like they do in alot of country leagues ? It would be a first for the AFL and might be more effective at bringing out the best in our side.

I admired Robert Harvey for the way he played. Similar to Dangerfield in the way he read the play with precision. He`s got a footy brain ,if i ever saw one. Get Bucks and Harvey banging their heads together in the coaches box as both senior coaches and both making the decisions. I have seen this work in some teams in the bush with great effect , but could it possibly work in the fast flowing pace of modern AFL ?

Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

"Key defender Tyson Goldsack said coach Nathan Buckley was in the coaching form of his career and endorsed his continuing tenure."

Yeah, stupid current players who've won premierships and played under multiple coaches. What would they know compared to posters on Nicks?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Redlight wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, stupid current players who've won premierships and played under multiple coaches. What would they know compared to posters on Nicks?

Quote:
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
- Bob Dylan

You don't need a degree in political science to know that Tony Abbott is a flog...

You don't have to be Bill Collins to know that Baz Lurhmann's movies are a disjointed mess.

You don't have to be Molly Meldrum to know that Celine Dion is er, an acquired taste

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:57 pm

All players support the current coach publicly. Weather you like or dislike Buckey, his 6 years of coaching results could not have been any worse. If he is not a poor AFL coach, he is the master of disguise.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 am

Redlight wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Yeah, lets listen to public media comments. I can imagine a player coming out mid season saying the coach is shit and hope he gets sacked, I am sure they would be happy playing VFL the rest of the year...
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 am

^ they don't have to say anything at all, or they can say something less committal. "Bucks is a great coach, but it's really a matter for the board". It's not hard to be supportive without going out of your way, as Pendles,
Adams, Treloar, DeGoey and now Goldsack have.

If they say it as they do, then it means that he's widely admired in the playing group. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that they are all coming out so hard for him, as you'd think they must have doubts, the way they are often exposed on ththe field. But it is what it is.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 am

Mugwump I posed this question a while ago.
Do the players love Nathan Buckley the legendary player or coach ?
To me it's hard for some to separate the 2. Buckley the player is Collingwood royalty likely in the greatest 2 or 3 to ever wear black and white and the players would be very aware of his place in our history
Do they or can they separate the 2 ?
I've said it many times Buckley hasn't lost the players I believe they are trying very hard to follow the plans the coach sets out
It's the plan I think is flawed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Mugwump I posed this question a while ago.
Do the players love Nathan Buckley the legendary player or coach ?
To me it's hard for some to separate the 2. Buckley the player is Collingwood royalty likely in the greatest 2 or 3 to ever wear black and white and the players would be very aware of his place in our history
Do they or can they separate the 2 ?
I've said it many times Buckley hasn't lost the players I believe they are trying very hard to follow the plans the coach sets out
It's the plan I think is flawed

Yup, it must be very frustrating for them.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 am

The scary thing about this season is that the team has 12 players who have played at least 15 of the 16 games but has still only won 6 games. The 12 players are Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, WHE, Crisp, Maynard, Howe, Fasolo, Goldsack and Moore. Of the others, only Wells, Langdon, Elliott, Reid, Varcoe have missed significant numbers of games because of injury.

Our ruckman is on track to have over 800 hitouts this season (Len Thompson's most hitouts in a season was 505 and Grundy already has 589 from 16 games this game). Our top 4 midfielders average 116 disposals per game between them. The team averages 406 disposals per game.

The team is getting its hands on the ball often enough and has mostly been able to field its "best" players on the park most weeks.

The players are plainly "playing for the coach" and most of the important ones have been doing so almost every week. Even so, the results are staggeringly bad.

No injury excuses, no player-form excuses. This year, it is even more obvious than it has been in recent years that Collingwood's style of play just cannot win enough games of footy.

That is why it is time to pull the pin.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

^^^
Agree P4S watching my first game live for the year it showed some real issues structurally
We aren't a overly quick team across the ground yet we try to play like one
In the first term we had slick ball movement mainly driven by Wells Varcoe Trelaor Pendles Sidey JDG Adams
Once the ball was wet and the ground boggy we struggled yet still tried to play the same game style.
I'm staggered that we can't adapt wet weather football we've had 3 games this season in wet weather and looked terrible in them all
I've never doubted the players efforts in trying to play the plan set out by the coach it's the plan that's faulty IMO
He has 6 weeks and if he doesn't win a minimum of 4 games and the other 2 being close hard fought losses he has to be gone.
I personally see 1 possibly 2 wins on current form. If Pendles misses the remainder of the season those 2 could be in doubt also
I think we can beat WCE & maybe north that's it
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 am

Buckley does stand on his own with 5 years of decline as a coach taking over a team that lost 3 games the year before he started. The reason he stands on his own with this unwanted statistic is that any other club would have sacked him 2 years ago - on the basis of performance. Collingwood have allowed it to reach crisis point and helped bury His coaching future by just letting the failure get deeper and deeper, hoping against hope it may magically turns around one day, like some of the posters on this site.
The sooner we get a new coach into the place who doesn't have to defend the indefensible to save their own arse, the quicker we will improve as a club. He should go right now and have the dignity to resign. Somehow I don't think that will happen.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

^I just hope the next coach, whomever he may be, gets a better go than what Bucks has from some on here, which goes back some years now, the bitching and moaning. No doubt if the poor bastard slips up a bit within two years of taking over, the same posters will be out in force demanding he be replaced, a s a p. Its a monty.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^I just hope the next coach, whomever he may be, gets a better go than what Bucks has from some on here, which goes back some years now, the bitching and moaning. No doubt if the poor bastard slips up a bit within two years of taking over, the same posters will be out in force demanding he be replaced, a s a p. Its a monty.

Nah sorry, most of us were still on the train til 2014/15 at least. It was intl 2016 for me when I thought, Nup, too many excuses. He's had plenty of time, and most of us realise we need to do done good trades to complete the team. I don't think our team is as bad as 15th, I think we are playing that way. I've seen the good stuff. It's just too patchy.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:23 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Nah sorry, most of us were still on the train til 2014/15 at least. It was intl 2016 for me when I thought, Nup, too many excuses. He's had plenty of time, and most of us realise we need to do done good trades to complete the team. I don't think our team is as bad as 15th, I think we are playing that way. I've seen the good stuff. It's just too patchy.

Perhaps you were TP, but others had him in the gun ages ago, well before you. As I say, just hope our next coach gets treated better by some, but woe betide him, if he makes a few errors early in his tenure, he will be crucified by the usual suspects, mark my words. ! Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 46 of 101   

Jump to: