Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

mattmc33 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised by the reappointment. For all the media spin, for all the platitudes spewing out of Eddie's mouth, this comes down to simple facts. Eddie is in charge. He is the ultimate Nathan fanboy. The last third of the season gave him the excuse to say "we are improving and Nathan is the reason for it, ergo, he is the right man to take us forward." Forget about the boring and playing not to lose game style. Forget about the constant lack of in game adjustments. Forget the crazy selections. Forget that this club has been trending down ever since he took over. Forget that we are the definition of mediocrity.

Nah, forget about all that. Eddie loves him some Buckley. This is what this is all about. Never mind the supporters who have had to put up with years of this crap, especially those hardy souls who front up to games week after excruciating week. They'll still pay their money no matter what, God bless them. But they are being taken advantage of thanks to the incredible hubris of one Eddie McGuire. And the rest of the league thinks we are a laughing stock.

Look, I would love to be proven wrong. And I've never abused Nathan, who is a legitimate champion of this club and by all accounts a hell of a guy who clearly loves the club and adores his players. But does that make him a great coach? All evidence to date points to the contrary. I'm just terrified that we have to put up with more mediocrity for the next couple of seasons. And all Magpie fans, including every last passionate one of you on this board, deserve far, far better.

Prove me wrong, Nathan. Prove that you are indeed the chosen one.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm

AnthonyC wrote
Quote:
What makes me laugh/sad is the incredibly unrealistic expectations that some have. I mean the perfect example is the often cited 'failure' of the Malthouse-Buckley Kirribilli agreement. Really? It yielded one flag and a GF appearance that should have been another bit of silverware (the second part is opinion). If that's failure I'll take it every time. The FLAG/GF-appearance is what is called a Fact
did it? when last I checked the premiership coach was one M.Malthouse, who got us to the finals on the previous 4 occasions. That's 4 more in a row than your boy ever did. That is a fact. Your interpretation of the Kirribili agreement is just that - an opinion.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:51 pm

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. The club has done what it feels is best and we just wait and see. I am more interested in who gets the sack around the club and who we recruit.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 pm

We are a club truly divided, dark times my friends. Even though I'm not for the reappointment on any level Nathan needs the best support money can buy, no expense should be spared. But we need to be realistic, and so that is palatable the club needs to be more honest with it supporters, and there must finally be accountability - if we can't see something building and constant, heads must roll this time... on all levels.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
Page 101 of 101   

Jump to: