Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
As for all the "if your not behind us **** off" posts, you **** off! This is not communism, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make anyone less of a supporter. Nobody wants the Team to fail. Nobody wanted Buckley to fail. Don't kid your selves. For me, well what can you say? I'll pay my membership but I might downgrade from legends, waste of $$%^%%$ money if we don't make finals. Our membership price is way too high to watch the crap dished up too many times this year. The roll over should start after recruiting is done for the year. Because unless we go hard for a decent ready made KPP, preferably 2, we will be $%$ed again. I really hope the Roos as mentor rumour is true. My blood is black and white, but my brain ain't mush, and I'm going to take a bit of convincing. If we get five games in and we are still shit I expect the club to act. And if that means Eddie goes too, so be it. I'll back you now Bucks, but it ain't free. I fully expect something in return.

Go Pies.

I've got no problem with people like you TP, who are skeptical about Bucks' coaching because of our poor record under his reign. My comment about telling some here that they should phuck off and support another team, is solely directed at those who have personally attacked Bucks with vitriolic abuse. I do not consider any of them to be Collingwood SUPPORTERS. Constructive criticism is not only fair and reasonable, but welcome.

As for your last 2 sentences - I agree 100 per cent.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
For better or worse Bucks is our coach for the next 2 years. The voted in Brexit, they voted in Trump - have the board leant nuttin'

Guess what you are saying is that Buck's was better than the alternatives

More along the lines of not knowing what's in Collingwood's best interests: The shoot oneself in both feet option.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Well it came true as predicted by the news cycle.
Those who don't like the decision that's fair enough but remember a few things.
If not Buckley then who ?
Another untried coach who may or may not get better results.
There wasn't a tried coach who was out there kicking the door down
I remember some of the Buckley knockers pointing to Lyons in the early season on how quick he turned Fremantle around how did that work out ? Also those saying Longmire had lost his mojo as a coach look pretty dumb now as well.

Did you see any improvement in the way we played ?
I for one did there were some good signs yes and some bad ones too but our average losing margin was 19 points which means we were competitive in nearly every game. That's a lot more than can be said for many other sides
Our style needs improvement for sure so does our ability to sustain efforts over 4 quarters. I think many players showed improvement enough to say they will be better next year

Does 2 years make sense ?
Well yeah it does because it means we won't have to live through the weekly spectacle like we did this year. I'm sure at times the players were very tired of being asked the question. I actually think it's a credit to the playing group that they finished the season strongly. If they didn't want the coach the results would have been way different

So what happens next ?
Well the way I see it he actually has 1 year. If things aren't markedly better this time next season Eddie can sack him and have a clear mindset doing so.

I'm still in the iffy column that he can turn it around. I hope he does because if he does it means the club I love and support will be successful and that's what's important to me.
Bucks the bills in your court mate take the opportunity presented to you. Learn from your mistakes and keep improving on your strengths. All Collingwood supporters wants success it's time to deliver

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:49 pm

The truth is that we fans have no idea what goes on inside the club at that level.

Is re-appointing Buckley right or wrong? I don't know. All we can do is trust that the people in charge are making the decisions they feel are right for the club, decisions based upon the firsthand knowledge they have, their experience and the results of the review.

As a fan I choose to believe that they're smart enough, and ruthless enough, to get it right.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Redlight wrote:
The truth is that we fans have no idea what goes on inside the club at that level.

Is re-appointing Buckley right or wrong? I don't know. All we can do is trust that the people in charge are making the decisions they feel are right for the club, decisions based upon the firsthand knowledge they have, their experience and the results of the review.

As a fan I choose to believe that they're smart enough, and ruthless enough, to get it right.

Correct weight a winner has been declared folks
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:57 pm

The two years was bullshit. Thinking there won't be media scrutiny just because he's signed for two years is moronic. It just means the club is on the hook for 1 year of coaching salary if Buckley fails again in 2018 and he is sacked. In fact it hurts us in paying for the next coach if we need to appoint one after 2018. So dumb by the club!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
As for all the "if your not behind us **** off" posts, you **** off! This is not communism, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make anyone less of a supporter. Nobody wants the Team to fail. Nobody wanted Buckley to fail. Don't kid your selves. For me, well what can you say? I'll pay my membership but I might downgrade from legends, waste of $$%^%%$ money if we don't make finals. Our membership price is way too high to watch the crap dished up too many times this year. The roll over should start after recruiting is done for the year. Because unless we go hard for a decent ready made KPP, preferably 2, we will be $%$ed again. I really hope the Roos as mentor rumour is true. My blood is black and white, but my brain ain't mush, and I'm going to take a bit of convincing. If we get five games in and we are still shit I expect the club to act. And if that means Eddie goes too, so be it. I'll back you now Bucks, but it ain't free. I fully expect something in return.

Go Pies.

I've got no problem with people like you TP, who are skeptical about Bucks' coaching because of our poor record under his reign. My comment about telling some here that they should phuck off and support another team, is solely directed at those who have personally attacked Bucks with vitriolic abuse. I do not consider any of them to be Collingwood SUPPORTERS. Constructive criticism is not only fair and reasonable, but welcome.

As for your last 2 sentences - I agree 100 per cent.

Cheers mate, 😉

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:26 pm

This is forum, so all opinions are welcome. Those on here trying to quash that opinion are just displaying undemocratic sensitivity. I ain't here to agree with any one person, and nor should anyone be. I'm here because I'm a Collingwood supporter and I'll support whoever I want. But I won't be a blind Parocial cheerleader. Buckley has already failed dismally and Collingwood are today the joke of the competition.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:43 pm

^ We are hardly the joke of the competition, that's just rubbish.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:57 pm

No, I agree. I'm certainly not laughing.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:09 pm

The turnaround of Richmond this year and our positive record toward the end of the season saved him. Not getting belted this year, beating or pushing top teams, the players support and lack of any obvious replacement have all been a perfect storm to save Bucks.

I look forward to the trade/draft period and seeing who we bring in as assistants or senior coaching help and reloading for a real crack next year. We're almost there and it would be a bit of a shame to sack a coach coming out of his own rebuild.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:15 pm

This is forum, so all opinions are welcome. Those on here trying to quash that opinion are just displaying undemocratic sensitivity. I ain't here to agree with any one person, and nor should anyone be. I'm here because I'm a Collingwood supporter and I'll support whoever I want. But I won't be a blind Parocial cheerleader. Buckley has already failed dismally and Collingwood are today the joke of thecompetition?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah! They were laughing their heads of in the members at the G on Saturday

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 pm

My sources told me he was safe. Also, the body language and certain comments by Buckley indicated he knew he was safe. This decision was made months ago.
The fans were lied to by Edwood. He is beyond contempt to me. you are all mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed the proverbial.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Well, I heard the news on the radio while I was slaving away today at work... and to be honest it's hit me pretty hard and although I'm bitterly disappointed, it was obvious that this was what was going to happen (what I don't get is 'what the f*uck was the point of giving him a one year contract last time, if they were going to rubber stamp him a two year deal down the track regardless of accountability? it beggars belief!?!).

Not that fact that Buckley has been reappointed, but that it seems that real alternatives weren't even truly considered, as Eddie said himself 'no one was talked to' - look I don't hate Buckley even though I've never really liked him - but he needs serious help if this is going to work... and I just can't see that happening, anyway I regress...

I accept the clubs decision because I have little other choice, but my stance will continue as before and in its present form I do not support Buckley nor Eddie in any shape or form, although I shall continue to support the team.

PS: The fail train rolls on 'All aboard!!!" Choo Choo!!!!!

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:27 pm

I also had strong mail that he was safe before the 'review' took place.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 98 of 101   

Jump to: