Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate thread (Part 2!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now (not playing finals, get started on a replacement)
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Sack him end of season (not the man but why concede the year now?)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Sack him on the run home (if the wheels have really fallen off)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Decide end of season (I'm still in his corner)
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Decide end of season (He's just not up to it)
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Decide end of season (I'm honestly undecided)
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
Re-sign him on the run home (fait accompli, just pick our moment)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Re-sign him end of season (he's the man, but no need to rush)
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Re-sign him now (he WILL be our next premiership coach!)
18%
 18%  [ 25 ]
I really don't know (but I will back the club whatever it decides)
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 136

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that Ed has been working behind the scenes to land Bucks a job with the AFL possibly as football manager?

I found it somewhat interesting that after Buckley raised concerns about the media supposedly making stories up and questioning whether accreditation could be stripped the AFL CEO pretty much parroted his comments within days.

ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
ROB wrote:
ROB wrote:
I am perplexed as to the fascination with getting Roos and or Lyon to the club. Roos was only successful because of concessions for Swans and his key assistant - Longmire, who has shown how much better a coach he is than Roos since he took over. Lyon? Well aren't the dockers setting the world on fire!!?? Why would you look at Lyon whose team is regressing?? I don't know what the answer is but I don't think these two are it.

And with a 104 point loss to Richmond - I rest my case re Lyon. We have never suffered such a drubbing while Buckley has been coach.

We have never made 3 grand finals also.

Show me any coach in history who hasn't had his side cop a flogging at one stage or another.

Happens to the best of them.

And not making finals for 4 years also happens to coaches but that is different isn't it??

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 pm

My position hasn't changed I still feel Buckley is on borrowed time.
The thing that grates on me most though is the many keyboard warriors re-writing history to suit there personal views.
The Buckley era thus far hasn't reached any heights we all agree on that but don't make it sound like he was handed a team choke full,of champions all in there prime. In all honesty we lucked out in that premiership year of 2010. We had a new pressure style which hadn't been used to the same degree before. It caught most sides out and coupled with a sensational injury run, and a couple new faces and a few old bulls with our own cream playing near there best seasons we won it and I'm thankful we did. Fast forward 12 months and Geelong had already figured out how to beat the pressure and we limped along winnings games due to others sides ineptness more so than our brilliance.
2012 we still had a core of those players but a few key planks had nearly run there race.
The board decided on the rebuild and it wasn't due to anything more than they wanted a cultural change Eddie has publicly said it a few times he didn't like the way things were heading.
This was done on a unprecedented compromised draft period when 2 clubs were basically given the best talent in the land and all other clubs got the scraps. Yes we lucked into a few and traded into a few but at no time in the games history had anyone ever seen so many comprimsed drafts.
The worst part was we didn't suck bad enough to fall all the way to the bottom and get better early picks
We had a couple years wiped away by injury and 2 years by the rebuild.
I believe Buckley is coaching better this year than ever before which makes sense for a guy who has shown his whole life he likes to improve everything he does.
So why do I think he still needs to go ?
Because he made the statement himself no finals no job and I still don't see enough improvement in our overall game style plan to justify another extension.
Yes we aren't being flogged which is good but whether you loss by 1 point or 100 points you still don't get any competition points just your percentage is worse.
Now do I think he will be gone no I don't. I think it's already been decided he's getting a 2 year deal maybe even 3 years
I will support him because I support our club I won't be bagging him relentlessly and I will hope he gets to finals because it means we then have a chance to win flags and that should be the biggest thing any supporter wants
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:19 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Could it be that Ed has been working behind the scenes to land Bucks a job with the AFL possibly as football manager?

I found it somewhat interesting that after Buckley raised concerns about the media supposedly making stories up and questioning whether accreditation could be stripped the AFL CEO pretty much parroted his comments within days.
thatll do me! Painless extraction!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:12 am

ROB wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
ROB wrote:
ROB wrote:
I am perplexed as to the fascination with getting Roos and or Lyon to the club. Roos was only successful because of concessions for Swans and his key assistant - Longmire, who has shown how much better a coach he is than Roos since he took over. Lyon? Well aren't the dockers setting the world on fire!!?? Why would you look at Lyon whose team is regressing?? I don't know what the answer is but I don't think these two are it.

And with a 104 point loss to Richmond - I rest my case re Lyon. We have never suffered such a drubbing while Buckley has been coach.

We have never made 3 grand finals also.

Show me any coach in history who hasn't had his side cop a flogging at one stage or another.

Happens to the best of them.

And not making finals for 4 years also happens to coaches but that is different isn't it??

Prior to winning there first flag that's only happened to a single coach out of the last 13 or was it 14 premiership coaches.

Hardly great odds.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:56 am

SEN reporting that Pies are closing in on a 2 year contract extension for Bucks. Great news if true. Go Pies.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote
Quote:
SEN reporting that Pies are closing in on a 2 year contract extension for Bucks. Great news if true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVM2L34lHE0
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
SEN reporting that Pies are closing in on a 2 year contract extension for Bucks. Great news if true. Go Pies.

Parachuting Bucks in again, how could that possibly be good news?!? Like how?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Just in.....2 yr extension with a further 3 yr option.

Just kidding. Wink
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Didn't ed say we don't have a time line for the decision sen are just guessing
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Unless you know something I don't know, there's nothing on the Collingwood, or AFL web site.

Just kidding. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Just kidding. Wink

got me ya bugger, gees not a good feeling. guess i know how i really feel then! cheers

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:

Parachuting Bucks in again, how could that possibly be good news?!? Like how?

If nothing else, at least it will put an end to this meandering, half cocked, never ending, dismal thread, once and for all. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Quote:
If nothing else, at least it will put an end to this meandering, half cocked, never ending, dismal thread, once and for all.

you're kidding aren't you, just because we appoint a coach for next year does not end speculation.

scenario 1: Buckley gains the magic touch coaches a triumphant Magpie side to top 4. In other news, Trump has a road to Damascus moment, gives up all his worldly goods and follows Jesus. Tony Abbott becomes a spokesman for the Republic and gay marriage and Skids gets a nice little earner at the TAB.

scenario 2: Buckley scrapes into 8th place, then is eliminated by Port. Eddie, Piesnchess and Rudeboy are seen going "neyar neyar I Told You So!"

scenario 3: Collingwood suffers a string of honourable defeats...this thread goes deja vu, again, twice, for yet another time...

scenario 4: Nightmare at the SCG part 2 - Franklin kicks 10!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Quote:
If nothing else, at least it will put an end to this meandering, half cocked, never ending, dismal thread, once and for all.

you're kidding aren't you, just because we appoint a coach for next year does not end speculation.

scenario 1: Buckley gains the magic touch coaches a triumphant Magpie side to top 4. In other news, Trump has a road to Damascus moment, gives up all his worldly goods and follows Jesus. Tony Abbott becomes a spokesman for the Republic and gay marriage and Skids gets a nice little earner at the TAB.

scenario 2: Buckley scrapes into 8th place, then is eliminated by Port. Eddie, Piesnchess and Rudeboy are seen going "neyar neyar I Told You So!"

scenario 3: Collingwood suffers a string of honourable defeats...this thread goes deja vu, again, twice, for yet another time...

scenario 4: Nightmare at the SCG part 2 - Franklin kicks 10!

Listen pal, I have no idea what will happen, I don't know if he will get the gig again or not, but I'm sick to death of this meandering, morbid, thread, just goes on endlessly with innuendo, and scuttlebutt, oh and by the way, I was being sarcastic, clearly it escaped you. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 81 of 101   

Jump to: