Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Start rotating the Queens Birthday gate takings again?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Queens Birthday match be rotated so Melbourne no longer receive the gate takings every year?
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 44 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Dumping it would be dumb. We did all the work to bake the cake, it's time to get a fair slice of it.

Dunno mate, we also get screwed over by the umps, who seem to get caught up in the whole Freeze thing, and want the Deeees to win, no matter what. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 pm

I don't give a toss about Melbourne. If they no longer need a leg up, then a change in what we do may be timely.
I hope we get all the facts first. Remember this away game is another guaranteed MCG game on top of all our allocated home games.
If we give it away, let's ensure we don't pick up an extra Etihad or interstate game to replace it. If that happened, I'd prefer to keep things as they are!

Ps I'm so old I remember being at Queens Bithday games that didn't involve Melbourne! In 1981 we played Hawthorn out at Waverley and set a record for the ground - 92,000 I think.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 am

Ps I'm so old I remember being at Queens Bithday games that didn't involve Melbourne! In 1981 we played Hawthorn out at Waverley and set a record for the ground - 92,000 I think.[/quote]

I wa there. All the aisles were chockers and the caterers ran out of supplies. The Health Department told the then AFL no more. The lines for the buses were massive. I ended up walking to Stud road, found an empty telephone box and rang Mum and my brother came and picked me up to take me back to Montrose.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:11 am

sixpoints wrote:
Remember this away game is another guaranteed MCG game on top of all our allocated home games.
If we give it away, let's ensure we don't pick up an extra Etihad or interstate game to replace it. If that happened, I'd prefer to keep things as they are!

If we didn't play melbourne on the 'QB' then where would a Collingwood-melbourne game be played regardless of who's home game it is? Surely not Etihad.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm in favour of keeping the QB game with Melbourne at the g. It does have a genuine tradition dating back 60 plus years. Much longer than the so called traditional Anzac Day game.
The first time I was allowed to go to the footy without mum or dad as a chaperone was QB 1976. We had a win, one of only 6 for the year. Fabulous Phil took a speccy right in front of where my brother and I were sitting. I was looking down at the time counting the coins to see if I had enough for a pie. Missed the best highlight of the game! Good memories of the day despite this.
So let's keep the game and share the gate. If we are good enough to win the big freeze sentiment won't make any difference. Just not quite good enough this year, that's all...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Remember this away game is another guaranteed MCG game on top of all our allocated home games.

If we didn't play melbourne on the 'QB' then where would a Collingwood-melbourne game be played regardless of who's home game it is? Surely not Etihad.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the game be given away. All that's up for discussion is about who gets the dosh from the gate receipts. Clearly we have been gifting hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to the Dees, to help them get back on their feet, but our gift of charity must now come to an end. I expect from now on, the 2 clubs to alternate in taking the gate receipts - which is as it should be.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Dump it or rotate the gate. I'm sick of propping up that shit stain of a club and everyone else for that matter. It's a farce and has been going on for long enough. Since when did we become the salvation army?? Melscum have benefited financially for long enough. We pay their fines and paid for roos to coach them while they continually swallowed high prized draft picks. F*** em!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm

^ See, Warren knows where it's at!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Bumpskis - as apparently Eddie is in the negotiating process?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: