Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

As if we needed another excuse to boycott Robbo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm
Post subject: As if we needed another excuse to boycott RobboReply with quote

Collingwood criticises Herald Sun's Mark Robinson for Alex Fasolo approach

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-criticises-herald-suns-mark-robinson-for-alex-fasolo-approach-20170613-gwpvjj.html

Quote:
Collingwood says Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson contacted Magpie Alex Fasolo directly for an interview about his depression despite the club asking him not to for medical reasons.

Magpie coach Nathan Buckley and president Eddie McGuire have both criticised Robinson, who had earlier apologised to Fasolo for an insensitive tweet in the days after the club announced he was taking a break from football because of mental illness.
AFL plays of round 12

The Herald Sun had also issued a formal apology to Fasolo and Collingwood about the tweet, in which Robinson accompanied a photograph of the player at training with the caption: "Good drugs - Clinical depression on Tuesday, training Thursday."

However, Buckley and McGuire have both expressed fresh disappointment with Robinson in the aftermath of the Queen's Birthday clash with Melbourne, in which Fasolo returned to the field.

McGuire said Robinson had been told it was not in Fasolo's best medical interests to be interviewed, but then contacted him directly by email.

"I'm really disappointed in Mark. I thought we supported him in giving him the benefit of the doubt on the tweet," McGuire said on Triple M's Hot Breakfast on Tuesday morning.

"Mark asked at some stage if he could speak to to Alex Fasolo and I got medical opinion and went back to him and told him in the most straight forward terms that he was not to make contact with Alex Fasolo.

"Then for an email to arrive, not only apologising sort of but then to ask for an interview and intimate that this would be good for other sufferers, ie. putting more pressure on the kid, was just terrible.

Buckley was equally unhappy about the approach.

"I thought it was inappropriate. If you're going to apologise to someone, apologise to them, don't just try and feather your nest at the same time. I'm not sitting in Robbo's head or heart but I don't think 'Fas' needed to be asked for the interview at that point," the coach told Channel Nine's Footy Classified.

Asked whether he felt Robinson had shown enough contrition, Buckley said: "No."

Fairfax Media has contacted the Herald Sun for comment.

After the initial tweet, Herald Sun editor Damon Johnston said he had contacted McGuire with a formal apology.

"The tweet was out of line, wrong and does not represent the Herald Sun's view on how issues of mental health should be handled in the media," Johnston said in the Herald Sun.

Former North Melbourne premiership player Wayne Schwass, who in an effort to raise awareness about mental illness has spoken extensively about hiding his depression during his career, also questioned Robinson's direct approach to Fasolo.

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ego on this bloke is sickening.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 pm

How does he still have a Job?
darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:09 pm
Post subject: Re: As if we needed another excuse to bopycott RobboReply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Collingwood criticises Herald Sun's Mark Robinson for Alex Fasolo approach

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-criticises-herald-suns-mark-robinson-for-alex-fasolo-approach-20170613-gwpvjj.html

Quote:
Collingwood says Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson contacted Magpie Alex Fasolo directly for an interview about his depression despite the club asking him not to for medical reasons.

Magpie coach Nathan Buckley and president Eddie McGuire have both criticised Robinson, who had earlier apologised to Fasolo for an insensitive tweet in the days after the club announced he was taking a break from football because of mental illness.
AFL plays of round 12

The Herald Sun had also issued a formal apology to Fasolo and Collingwood about the tweet, in which Robinson accompanied a photograph of the player at training with the caption: "Good drugs - Clinical depression on Tuesday, training Thursday."

However, Buckley and McGuire have both expressed fresh disappointment with Robinson in the aftermath of the Queen's Birthday clash with Melbourne, in which Fasolo returned to the field.

McGuire said Robinson had been told it was not in Fasolo's best medical interests to be interviewed, but then contacted him directly by email.

"I'm really disappointed in Mark. I thought we supported him in giving him the benefit of the doubt on the tweet," McGuire said on Triple M's Hot Breakfast on Tuesday morning.

"Mark asked at some stage if he could speak to to Alex Fasolo and I got medical opinion and went back to him and told him in the most straight forward terms that he was not to make contact with Alex Fasolo.

"Then for an email to arrive, not only apologising sort of but then to ask for an interview and intimate that this would be good for other sufferers, ie. putting more pressure on the kid, was just terrible.

Buckley was equally unhappy about the approach.

"I thought it was inappropriate. If you're going to apologise to someone, apologise to them, don't just try and feather your nest at the same time. I'm not sitting in Robbo's head or heart but I don't think 'Fas' needed to be asked for the interview at that point," the coach told Channel Nine's Footy Classified.

Asked whether he felt Robinson had shown enough contrition, Buckley said: "No."

Fairfax Media has contacted the Herald Sun for comment.

After the initial tweet, Herald Sun editor Damon Johnston said he had contacted McGuire with a formal apology.

"The tweet was out of line, wrong and does not represent the Herald Sun's view on how issues of mental health should be handled in the media," Johnston said in the Herald Sun.

Former North Melbourne premiership player Wayne Schwass, who in an effort to raise awareness about mental illness has spoken extensively about hiding his depression during his career, also questioned Robinson's direct approach to Fasolo.
Quote:

If the Afl don't take away his accreditation it will confirm all our suspicions
That they willfully endorse this MUPPETT and his malicious attacks on our club.
Would simply love to have a beer with him

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Nice whack by Bucks in his presser too. Said it wasn't out of character.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

He is either profoundly stupid, a narcissist or genuinely hates collingwood and is doing his best to try and undermine the club and its players.

After the "drugs testing" story last year singling us out ahead of all others I reckon it's a little from column A, B and C.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:55 pm

A nasty piece of work. No sense of other - a clear lack of empathy and an opportunistic yobbo. Nasty & insightless.

Robinson should read the writings of Martin Flanagan, Greg Baum and Patrick Smith to see just how unsuited he is for his chosen career.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Damien wrote:

Yes indeed, a good call by Bucks.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Eddy should act as our President here and not media. Herlad sun may send anyone to contact us or press conferences EZCEPT Slobbo. Persona non grata. Indefinite ban. Paper may not want Chief Football writer unable to access stuff if we say make a Grand Final or even win one.

hilst I agree with the Age going after him why isn'r Caro really giving it to him.

It is a pity Hotrod isn;t around much. I have a Shite Mike shirt and he would be the perfect bloke to put this odious bloated pig back in his sty with a similar thing. In the old days the banner might have said something about him and if he walked in the social clubSlobbo would have got a few pots thrown on him and physically thrown into Lulie street

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
A nasty piece of work. No sense of other - a clear lack of empathy and an opportunistic yobbo. Nasty & insightless.

Robinson should read the writings of Martin Flanagan, Greg Baum and Patrick Smith to see just how unsuited he is for his chosen career.

Agreed. He's made it this far due to his doggedness and determination but he has no class, is largely incoherent as a speaker and writer and it is an indictment that he has ascended so far in his career. AFL media is littered with jocks who are similarly positioned and offer little in the way of entertainment or insight.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:44 pm

can't stand the fat bastard. he reeks of hypocrisy and double standards and will stop at nothing to try and ruin us.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Spineless pisshead, like far too many journos I'm afraid.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 pm

This guy is a flog of the highest order and with the IQ of a house brick. Fortunately, other journalists are starting to finally shine a light on to his pigheaded, selfish and immoral behaviour.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:50 am

F u c k he's a d i c k he a d!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 am

Damien wrote:

Spot on, well done to the master of handling the press.

Surely the club should insist the AFL should join them in asking, no demanding, the HS take action against him? And that action is publicly known. We don't really know just how severe the situation with Alex is, and it doesn't matter here anyway, this could be seriously damaging. That tweet is not only disgusting, it shows a complete lack of knowledge for the subject. Training is not playing, and physical exercise and continuing on as normally as possible is part of recovery. How bloody dare he miake light of it?

Honestly, this whole Twitter shit should be shut down.

I'll never understand human nature, how someone can seek to profit from another mans suffering. Utter scum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: